MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1031

[Deleted]
Hi all! Just my first post here, new to the MQL4 community. Is a very simple question. I have used the search function of the forum, but haven't found the answer. I have an indicator that only put a Comment in the chart to show if an average is below or above another. Sometimes one of the averages...
Hi, embarrassed to ask such a basic question, but can't work out what I have changed to cause the problem. I have a template that I have been using for many months. Have varied indicators, added and removed objects (lines, trendlines etc) All has worked well until today when the objects started...
[Deleted]
Can somebody help me. On Strategy Tester, the EA ran fine with default settings. But when I used some values in "SL", the buy or sell did not come. Also, how does "Breakeven" work in this EA? Can it work? There is a command "void"? What does it do? Thanks!
Forum have a similar thread on Public and Elite section:This thread is for Advanced Elite section. Same idea as with others: if you have a good idea for a Trading System? Post here and we will try to develop it (all ideas will be evaluated first of course).(I stole all of that) Just thought it was...
Hi I've spent so much time writing many EAs, changing it numerous times based on various strategies but none of them seem to produce consistent results which is frustrating me. I found a post by bgaitero and his EA performed excellent over a period of 8 -9 years in backtest. (https://forum.mql4...
[Deleted]
Hello, How to be alerted when my EA stop running ? There is someone already implemented something like this ? They are 2 PC. PC A PC running continuously a EA, and sending each 5 mins a signal to PC B. PC B PC awaits a signal from PC A, and if that does not append each 5 minutes, triggers an...
when i try to close or modify an order,a message appear like this " Encountered an improper argument" what does it mean ? i cannot close the order .
[Deleted]
Hello, please can anyone tell me if there is any way I can create 6 minute bars in MetaTrader4? I need to create different periodicity charts to the default options in MT4 for a system I am trading. I am very grateful for any help. Best wishes, Ye Ling
hi i have the following EA,, it only trading on "instant execution " brokers and 4 digit brokers .. can any one chnage this to trade on market execution and 5 pip brokers? this is is instant execution broker, it can able to place tp and sl at the time of trade execution... since we have to place tp...
Hi, how can I change the time on my chart? My lokal time is 10:27 and the shown time is 8:27. Thank you
Hello, I got support in this forum for run custom indicators from the init() of EA I use . Now I need to close these same indicators in deinit() of the same EA. Thank you very much for your help. PS: I use the google translator, sorry for syntax errors.
Hello friends, I have aquation, and I nead your help: If I have 2 "FOR" - loop, and I want to stop them together, Can I break the together with using the operator BREAK one after one? Means at the following example: Is the GREEN BREAK breaks the the GREEN Loop, and the RED BREAK breaks the RED Loop?...
[Deleted]
Hello all, My name is Godfrey and I have this EA that uses the LevelStop-Reverse indicator written by Bruce Hellstrom. I googled the EA that uses that indicator and found one. The problem is the EA has no Take profit, Stop Loss or Trailing stops functions. I really need help on coding as I am a...
[Deleted]
Can anyone help? I think I am being particularly thick today..... On the first line of code, I am taking an average of the values of three lines for an indicator in "Line 4" and assigning it to a double variable of "x" In the second line of code, I want to take the value x and divide it by an...
Hy everybody, could you indicate me the web site that allow to share the trades placed on a certain account? I saw it somewhere but I don't find it anynore. Thank you
Dear Community, I try to write a function, that opens a new opposite Order when the last Order by the EA was closed by Stop Loss. The function should open only one new position. But my function opens endless number of new positions. I do not know why it happens? I tried to solve the problem with the...
Hi Im a novice trader, so sorry for my maybe "stupid question". But can anyone tell me the difference between a long vs short position? Maximum length for a short.? Minimum length for a long.? Thanks for the help =)
[Deleted]
Hi there. I wonder if it is possible to find out if a object is in window 0 where the chart is or in 1,2,3... where the indys are. so I tried something with the PRICE1 coord but this doesn't work for all charts. Then I measure the distance of start and end which is also not valid for everything....
I want to code an EA for my two-correlated-currency arbitrage strategy that I am developing, I'm calling it my gap strategy. I think you can see what I'm doing from the attached chart. What I'm trying to wrap my ahead around is how to quantify the gap distance between the two currencies, and the...
1> How to make GetLastError return a string instead of a number ? I used to put the GetLastError() in Alert or Print command to see what is wrong. But I just saw the returned number ! Is there a way to let it present the string content of the error ? 2> Please further explain the role of "slippage"
[Deleted]
Hello, Is it possible to draw parallels from Close, without using buffers? Thank you, Pierre8r Code with buffers : //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                  Parallel001.mq4 |//|...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone Can you help me improve my strtegy ? it consist on EMA and Momentum and also on Bars sequency finishing by hammer(japanese candle formation) iT WORKS LIKE THAT: If ema is above ASK and momentum i s getting lower and lower and last four bars are black and moreover the last one is hammer...
[Deleted]
  MACD cross MA  (2)
Hi, i'm new in this forum. I hope you can help me for make an indicator. I need a indicator MACD(9,12,2) and an other MA simple with shift -1,so i don't know how can make this indiactor. It's important that when signal MACD cross the MA i listen a sound and i can view an alarm. I hope you can help...
Hi, All I want to send an email when my customer indicaror gives a signal. But when I load the indicator, it sends all the past signals and makes the email dispatcher stop send the email. It returns the error: "Mail: Not Enough Space For..." Does anyone know how to solve the problem? Tks...
Hooray! - My three-layer non-linear neural network has started to show stable positive trading results. And immediately the question about the optimal MM was raised. I already touched this subject here before but considered a case without taking into account brokerage companies' commission (Spread)
[Deleted]
  Give feedback  (109   1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11)
Give me some feedback. Who can say anything about this type of "trader" who has been trained by him? I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT FROM HIM. http://forexac.net/ If so, what are the results? I can't find any good reviews, everything is on their website
I define x as a double, assign to x the value of 5 divided by 2, and then print x. See code below. double x = 5 / 2;Print ("five divided by two is ", x); The result, as printed in the journal tab, is: 2012.05.06 18:12:28 2012.04.26 12:34 Range Breakout EA (alpha 2a) EURUSD,M15: five divided by two...
I wrote the following code://--------------------------------------------------------int init()  {   return(0);  }int deinit()  {   return(0);  }      int start()  {    Alert("deinit() called ! EA terminated in few seconds"); sleep(5000);  deinit();...