Questions from Beginners MQL4 MT4 MetaTrader 4 - page 251

Hello! I'm trying to download some pair quotes and it says ***. What's the problem?
Files:
8p8sxc41.PNG  91 kb

Aleksandr Zakharov #:
Hello! When I try to download some pair quotes I get this ***. What's the problem?

The picture MUST either be inserted using the  button or attached using the

Aleksandr Zakharov #:
Hello, I'm trying to download quotes for some pairs and I'm getting these ***. What's the problem?

Check with your broker - has he updated his servers?

Vladimir Karputov #:

Check with your broker - has he updated his servers?

The broker replied: We would like to draw your attention to the fact that these quotes belong to MetaQuotes terminal provider and are not related to our company's quotes.

Aleksandr Zakharov #:

The broker replied: We would like to draw your attention to the fact that these quotes belong to MetaQuotes terminal provider and are not related to our company's quotes.

Yesterday I wrote to servicedesk and they fixed something there and started downloading the MetaTrader History Center story again.

Nauris Zukas #:

Yesterday I wrote to servicedesk and they fixed something and started downloading history from MetaTrader History Center again.

Everything is downloading again. Found a letter from broker and updated the terminal.

Files:
z1oy8f45.PNG  125 kb

I always thought that archive of quotes is only from MetaQuotes:

But it turned out that there is also one from the broker itself (video image):

The same broker, but offers quotes from MetaQuotes by default. I checked in terminal options but could not find any place to change the quote provider. How to change?

Nauris Zukas #:
I always thought that archive of quotes is only from MetaQuotes:

But it appeared that there is one from my broker (video image):

The same broker, but offers quotes from MetaQuotes as default. I checked in terminal options but could not find any place to change the quote provider. How to change?

So it is likely that your broker's server does not have quotations in the right range. Therefore, the terminal offers you quotes from MetaQuotes. Contact your broker's support, they might have archives of quotes. Then unzip them into a suitable folder and the terminal will work with them. If the terminal offers quotes from your broker, then click OK. Usually, quotes from all kinds of brokers come with holes. Therefore, for accurate test results you need to search for quotes archives or download them fromMetaQuotes.Just keep in mind that quotes received from different sources will be different.

Mihail Matkovskij #:

So it's probably...

It's not. Figured it out myself. Depends on the firmware of the terminal, a long time ago downloaded terminals from the broker may still have MetaQuotes firmware.

Nauris Zukas #:

It isn't. I've already figured it out myself. Depends on the firmware of the terminal, long ago downloaded terminals from the broker may still have MetaQuotes firmware.

I have an InstaTrader terminal. As you said firmware MetaTrader, by all known broker, with exactly the same changed logo. So, I remember that this terminal did not offer to download InstaForex quotes, but it displayed a dialog window with confirmation to download quotes from MetaQuotes server. They didn`t have their own quotes on the server. You could download them on the forum or ask the support.

However, I downloaded the terminal from the official MetaQuotes website but it was on RoboForex's account:

MetaTrader

And all quotes are automatically downloaded from the RoboForex server , without any dialog boxes. So, it depends .

Reason: