OpenCl and the tools for it. Reviews and impressions. - page 17

Renat:

You have lost the argument.

You are out of touch with the iron, out of touch with the cludes and out of touch with the business of developing trading platforms, which has a legitimate result.

So does the average trader, one would assume. Renat, do you really think of the ordinary trader as some sort of a mega-brain with a lot of time to study everything and everything? The amount of information on five and related topics is large enough. Try to relate it to a beginning trader who has 1-2 hours a day, if he works and is not a family man. Even in MKL4 they have to spend several months, and in 5 it will take them even more (what an asynchronous access to market information costs, and in 4 it's all easy and reliable, more oriented to this kind of trader). What knowledge of hardware are we talking about? Do you think he will spend a few months learning OpenCL? And when he does the system, what is the most important and difficult thing for him to do? MT5 is turning into an idol of computer science, a product for programmers, to which you have to sacrifice your family, time, money and video card...

MetaDriver:

1. Sure! You'll want it soon. Where's the money? :)

2. Nah, I don't think so. I really think it's a matter of overshoot power. Try either reducing the vicinity or increasing the discreteness. So there's a couple or three million left (not 214).

It's not a problem. Well, I don't need a stump, and I really need to scour the immediate vicinity.

I don't want to swear at the developers anymore. I'm sick of it.

No, guys, it's not like that. It's not like that, guys. Vysotsky

-Aleksey-:
So did the average trader, one would assume. If we have a look at the market, we will see that the market trader is a real "mega brain", with a lot of time to study everything and everything. The amount of information on five and related topics is large enough. Try to relate it to a beginning trader who has 1-2 hours a day, if he works and is not a family man. Even in MKL4 they have to spend several months, and in 5 it will take them even more (what an asynchronous access to market information costs, and in 4 it's all simple and reliable, more oriented to this type of trader). What knowledge of hardware are we talking about? Do you think he will spend a few months learning OpenCL? And when he does the system, what is the most important and difficult thing for him to do? MT5 turns into an idol of computer science, a product for programmers, to which you have to sacrifice your family, time, money and video card...

Oh, pity there's no likes! Strong words, I just didn't have the eloquence.

No offence to the developers. But really, I think there is something to think about. The marketing component is a bit overdone, IMHO.

OnGoing:

Oh, pity there's no likes! Strong words, I just didn't have the eloquence.

No offence to the developers. But really, I think there is something to think about. The marketing component is a bit underdeveloped, IMHO.

IMHO it is useless.

A conversation between the deaf and the blind.

The hungry do not know the hungry (c) Folk proverb

Mathemat:

Who forbids you to code in 5 without OOP?

OOP is just a feature of MQL5, not a mandatory requirement. If you have a really heavy project, it will be difficult without OOP. But for light projects the usual, procedural style of coding is enough. The differences from quadruplets are actually small.

Can you give an example at a glance? How "heavy" does a project have to be before it can't be implemented without OOP?

Reshetov:

It's not a problem to reduce it. Well, I don't need a stump, and I really need to scour the immediate vicinity.

I don't want to swear at the developers anymore. I'm sick of it.

No, guys, it's not like that. It's not like that, guys. Vysotsky

I don't know. You can certainly ask the developers to make the threshold of forced dumping into genetics adjustable... but they are very nervous about such requests. Because right around the corner they are waited by common =Alexei= with a moral cudgel, cursing the branching possibilities as a threat to family happiness of junior traders. In short, a policy of minimising freedom in action.

Reshetov:

IMHO it is useless.

A conversation between the deaf and the blind.

A hungry man can't understand a hungry man (c) Folk proverb

To be more precise, we are just being asked to "feed the hungry").

After all, if such a "software giant" will not release something new, for which people will lay out the money, it simply will not survive.

And it doesn't matter how necessary it is, the main thing is to consume and consume.

Similar to Microsoft with its 7. I still don't see why I need it. So I will use good old XP till the end, when I can't find any more drivers).

MetaDriver:
That's the service: they switched you to genetics to save your money. :)

Yes, that's right. From the documentation:

• If total number of optimization steps exceeds 1 000 000 in 32-bit system or 100 000 000 in 64-bit system, genetic optimization mode is automatically activated.

-Aleksey-:
Just like an ordinary trader, we can assume. If you are a regular trader, Renat, do you really think of the average trader as a mega-brained person who has a lot of time to study everything and everything? The amount of information on five and related topics is large enough. Try to relate it to a beginning trader who has 1-2 hours a day, if he works and is not a family man. Even in MKL4 they have to spend several months, and in 5 it will take them even more (what an asynchronous access to market information costs, and in 4 it's all simple and reliable, more oriented to this type of trader). What knowledge of hardware are we talking about? Do you think he will spend a few months learning OpenCL? And when he does the system, what is the most important and difficult thing for him to do? MT5 turns into an idol of computer science, a product for programmers, to which you have to sacrifice family, time, money and a video card...

If the "ordinary trader" starts to act as Reshetov, then there is adequate demand for him. I had to do a little education to stop the mistakes.

If the trader does not want to develop, there is one for him:

• MQL5 CodeBase with a lot of ready-made software installed directly from the MT5 terminal by one click.
  • MQL5 Market - launched on February 3, you can download and purchase applications like in Apple AppStore
  • MQL5 Jobs - you can order the development of freelancers
  • MQL5 Signals - will be open soon, you can buy a subscription to the signals.

This is part of what is made for ordinary traders.

OnGoing:

Similar to Microsoft with its seven. I still don't see why I need it. So I will use good old XP till I can't find any more drivers).

I, on the other hand, work in DOS. It's all right here http://old-dos.ru/

I got drivers for all kinds of peripherals (CD-DVD, flash, sound, video, etc.). Everything flies. Why are these new monsters being made? It's a nuisance.

Reason: