OpenCl and the tools for it. Reviews and impressions. - page 12

Mathemat:

... But I'm not convinced by the usefulness of the video in my computer.

I was convinced by this:

The very first feature is vectors and vector maths. In OpenCl, you can declare 2, 4, 8 and 16-dimensional vectors as variables. This is done, respectively: int2, int4, int8, int16. It is also possible to declare double, byte and all other types. Vectors of appropriate dimensionality can be added/subtracted/subdivided/multiplied, and any vector can be divided/multiplied by a number:

These operations are native to the graphics card - performed dozens (about 30) times faster than "manual" computation, even on the graphics card itself.

Reshetov:

Too bad they didn't get into it sooner and wasted a lot of time and nerves on all sorts of crutches for the tester.

When MT5 tester in its naked form will not be inferior to MT4 tester in terms of speed, then the "crutches" will come in handy.

Figar0:

When MT5 tester in its bare state will be lower than MT4 tester in terms of speed, the "crutches" will be handy then.

They really don't hurt then. Many people try to solve superproblems even on MT4, and there are no crutches to increase the productivity, even if there are 100 cores in a stone and 200 WD in slots.

And when the tester in MT5 will catch up with MT4 on performance on local computations, then Clouds Network will directly increase the speed proportionally. And this is a great help for many tasks.

In the meantime, it is like in "The Fox and the Grapes" fable. I am looking at MT5 features, cringing, and I know that it does no harm to dream: it will not work.

Reshetov: And there are no crutches to increase the performance, even if you have 100 cores in a stone and 200 vises in the slots.
You are too much. I don't know about the video card (I'll definitely try it, it's definitely sweet), but Clouds Network speeds up calculations dramatically. Even in comparison with MT4.

Mathemat:
Well that's a bit too much. I don't know about the videogame (I'll definitely try it, it's definitely sweet), but Clouds Network speeds up calculations dramatically. Even compared to MT4.

Can you imagine what it'll be like when

And when MT5 tester will catch up with MT4 on performance, then Clouds Network, too, in terms of speed will grow in direct proportion.

MetaDriver: Can you imagine what it will be like when
Yeah, it'll be great, we'll be raking in the dough in bags, it'll all be counting so much faster.

Here's the answer. 6930 is a special model for Russia and China as far as I understand, that's why it's not in the pindos rating of course.

So the 6950 probably sucks in the performance/price comparison.

TheXpert: So 6950 probably sucks in performance/price comparison.

Of course. For high-performance models (anything, even stones, even memory) price grows much faster than performance. And here the difference in performance is hardly more than 15-20%, if you look at the different "iron" characteristics (number of universal processors, frequency of their operation, GDDR5 frequency). Actually, I'm lusting after the 6930 myself.

Except that, bastards, they draw way too much power even at idle, about 80 Watt, and at maximum... I hate to think of it, like 300W. I'll have to give up my dream of an economical computer... Or look for a hotkey to switch from discrete to integrated.

TheXpert:

Here's the answer. 6930 is a special model for Russia and China as far as I understand, that's why it's not in the pindos rating of course.

So the 6950 probably sucks in the performance/price comparison.

Yes, it does! Comparison with and without overclocking: http://www.overclockers.ua/video/amd-radeon-hd6930-powercolor/all/

Reshetov 05.02.2012 13:31

Opening price testing in MT4 and MT5 are completely different modes. In MT4 (in your example) will be testing on open H1, while in MT5 on open M1, you'll see a 60x difference.

There is already a fight about it on the fifth forum, and MQ already sort of agree to improve this point.

OpenCL is of course (as a low-level language) depends on hardware, but the standard is designed to run on any hardware (the calculation speed will only go down, but there will be no failure). You can run it without any video card at all (on a server) and the OpenCL code will be executed on CPU.

The only difference between MT5 and hardware is that it won't run on hardware below SSE2.

All in all your post looks like a phrase: Ferrari is rubbish, it has low footprint, so it will not pass on our roads.

Thus the critic does not care that the car has not been developed for our roads.

Why MT5 (as a new platform) should run on Celeron 333Mhz?

There is a definite prospect for the iron fleet, MQ looks at that prospect and does not see Celeron 333Mhz type typewriters there.

// Celeron 333Mhz, the brand I used for example, only because I still have it working as a DVD player.

// I also have an MK-61 :oR

Reason: