Rationale for the existence of support lines - page 7

hrenfx:

Your ideas are compared to SB's, you will come across a theme, sooner or later...

paukas:

Why can't it be done?

For a perfect SB this is easy to prove, because at any time, including touching support and resistance levels, its future trajectories are distributed as an inverted bell))) with the apex at that point. Which is not at all invested in the increased probability of a bounce trajectory from the level.

For a real SB generator of course there can be no formal proof. There may be some glitches with cyclicality etc., which may manifest similarly

Avals:

For an ideal SB this is easy to prove, because at any moment including touching support and resistance levels its future trajectories are distributed as an inverted bell))) with the apex at this point. Which is not at all invested in the increased probability of a bounce trajectory from the level.

For a real SB generator of course there can be no formal proof. There may be some glitches with cyclicality etc., which may manifest similarly

Not clear... can we do it again for me and Saneek?

sever30:
I don't get it... can we go over it again for me and Saneek?

after touching any level, the probability of going down and up X points are equal for any X.

Avals:

after touching any level, the probability of going down and up X points are equal for any X.
What about: if a trend has begun, will it go further?

Avals:

True this is on pure SB. On any real price series we have an elongated bell with big tails. I.e. the probability of reversal in the real market is higher than in the SB. I think working in the channel could pull out this bell by its tail even more:)

Avals:

So there are no channels? but there are trends?

sanyooooook:
What about: if a trend has begun, will it continue?

Oddly enough, that is also true.

sanyooooook:
What about: if a trend has begun, will it continue?

this is for a perfect SB

Tantrik:
So there are no channels? But there are trends?

There are no trends or channels on the SB. The real price series has both trends and channels. Can you feel the difference?
Reason: