Spread trading in Meta Trader - page 241

Dear Sirs, advise please brokers (DC) where there are instruments with different terms of inspiration, and in general, where a lot of futures on currencies available ... I am grateful in advance.

al982:
Dear Sirs, advise please brokers (DC) where there are instruments with different terms of inspiration, and in general, where a lot of futures on currencies available ... I am grateful in advance.

See my personal info

Sugar is fighting back! And these friends in the form of horned cattle and pig's feet - it's time to cover up!

Greetings everyone! Useful information for fansof commodity spread trading. Below are excerpts of a seasonal review on wheat and its calendar spread, written by me at the request of Pantheon-Finance for the publication "The Exchange Leader":

===== Grains, February (wheat)====
(Fragments of the seasonal review)

Many seasonal trading fans know that since the second decade of February on the American trading floors, wheat prices begin to fall! After January's seasonal increase in prices due to frosts and players' natural concerns about the condition of winter crops - there is some easing of tension. The protective snow "blanket" in the "wheat" belt in the USA protects the soil from the rare last non-aggressive frosts and at the same time, with the onset of warm days, thawing gives nutrition to seeds and emerging seedlings. During this period, until mid-April, there is virtually no reason for stock speculators to worry! Occasionally, local weather conditions might lead to small price spikes, which, however, have little or no influence on the general down-trend.
A graph of the average 8-5-3 summer seasonal trends for the ZWK3 wheat contract in May is shown in the figure (the blue line is last year's price movement):

In terms of the February wheat seasonal outlook, we are particularly interested in the timeframe up to the first days of the third decade of the current February month. For a more specific assessment of the anticipated seasonal movement, let's look at the complete sales statistics for ZWK3, for example, from the 10th to 22nd of February for the last 13 years:

The average profit/loss ratio = +25.19/-17.19 (+101 ticks /-68 ticks) is quite satisfactory! And the ratio of profitable trades to losses (9/4) within this time interval is also in our favor!

For "those people" who in this case wish to minimise the risk of the analysed entry, an option is also possible! Sell the calendar spread of wheat, such as ZWK3 - ZWU3 (May-September). Let me remind you that such spreads are much more reliable and better respect the seasonality! Moreover, the most interesting thing for us here is that we often don't care in which direction the prices of grain contracts will go! We have little interest in that! Because, here we can assume with great probability that, in any scenario, demand for a long-haul contract will outpace demand for a short-haul contract! In other words, the price of the near K-contract will decrease faster or increase slower than the far U-contract!
In this variant of entry, we will get such a 3-5-10 year average of seasonal charts (the blue line is last year's spread movement) and statistics for the last 13 years:

Here the ratio of average profit/loss spread = +9.28/-0.94(+37 ticks/-4 ticks, 1 tick = $12.5 per contract) is much more attractive than in single selling of K-wheat, who would argue...

At the moment, the ZWK3-U3 wheat spread is already starting a seasonal bounce back down from its high reached last Friday during the release of the USDA Grain Report! Below is a candlestick chart of the spread (timeframe = H4) from the E-signal:

Let me remind you that the main (active) trading on Chicago's SME-platform for grains starts at 19:30 Moscow time. Let's estimate the situation for selling spread: SELL ZWK3 - BUY ZWU3.
Good luck to all!

Good afternoon everyone!

The next, 35th issue of Leprecon magazine is now freely available (alas, with some delay) -
Leprecon review #35
. http://www.lepreconreview.com/ In the article "Seasonal trading techniques, February,2013 " we offer for your consideration promising mid- and long-term February pair and single entries on the long-term seasonal trends of commodities and stock instruments, available for implementation in the MT4 trading platform!

Here are just a few of the suggested entries:

========== Good luck to all!

al982:
Dear Sirs, advise please brokers (DC) where there are instruments with different terms of inspiration, and in general, where a lot of futures on currencies available ... Thank you in advance.
And me if you can ...

I join in the question!

For example, I haven't seen anywhere where you can sell orange juice

transcendreamer:

For example, I haven't seen anywhere that you can sell orange juice

GrandCapital, the standard account is the widest possible range of instruments for MT4, like the former Broco.

Myth63 12.02.2013 19:34 al982:

2Myth63&& al982:

Read this thread in full.

Grandcapital is currently the only company that allows the full range of futures cfd contracts to be traded in MT4 in fractional lots with exchange(ask-last-bid) quotations. All the other companies basically either give a few "pathetic" sfd's in MT4 with exorbitant asc-bid, or offer to trade full sizes from 1 lot on western platforms.

It's true that the futures server there (at Grande) is now in its third day of reconfiguration and so far all these instruments are only available for closing.

leonid553:

Grandcapital is currently the only company that allows the full range of futures cfd contracts to be traded in MT4 in fractional lots with exchange(ask-last-bid) quotations. All the other companies basically either give a few "pathetic" sfd's in MT4 with exorbitant asc-bid, or offer to trade full sizes from 1 lot on western platforms.

It's true that the futures server there (at Grande) is now in its third day of reconfiguration and so far all these instruments are only available to close.

In fact, there is a (joking) talk about closing the shop of CFD trading.

First of all the official announcement was 1 day late. And usually the changeover is a planned venture.

Secondly, they say that the quote provider has problems, not them.

And third, ..... it's time. it's probably "come on... goodbye...." (c) or we'll go out and win)

Reason: