Spread trading in Meta Trader - page 153

leonid553: The obvious-unbelievable.

Sugar SBH1 - price has fallen by almost 25% in the last two trading sessions

2Leonid - and who is the Divergence :) outlined there? what is the second instrument? Maybe they can be "Arbitrated" already?

or will the "Divergence" continue?

Whether it will continue or not is difficult for me to say. The second instrument is the European white sugar WH1 ( from Euronext).

We need to search and watch for fresh, recent analysis on sugar. Looks like a new report came out on Thursday (or Wednesday night) where the sugar crop outlook was strongly positive...

Short term (on low tf) it might be worth trying arbitrage.

Seasonal charts:

http://www.seasonalcharts.com/future_farmprodukte_sugar.html

http://www.commodityseasonals.com/sugar_futures_1.htm

Judging by the 37-year seasonal chart (first link) the fall in sugar prices in the first half of November is a normal pattern! After that, some price increase is expected before the end of the month.

conventionally... bought SB sold WH - Leonid... if it's not difficult... in 3-4 days, show me a graph of how things developed there :)

OK! I'll show you.

Machine translation on the seasonal section of the second link:

http://www.commodityseasonals.com/sugar_futures_6.htm

"Sugar prices tend to fall during harvest times. The main harvest times for sugar beet are in the early fall, before the first freeze. Prices tend to fall during these harvest times, from November through February, as supplies are processed and the market cleared Sugar hits. Planting scares, and the like, tend to advertise prices in the first quarter of the year. As the beet crop is planted, cane supply begins to hit the market and prices tend to fall. Price weakness in late March through May, due to the cane crop, is common. When the beet plant reaches maturity in July, prices usually decline through August, since the market is confident of new supply.
Like most other crops (annually produced) fields, Sugar tends to be strongest when the crop is most at risk (setting) and weakest after pollination, going into harvest."

The W-SB sugar spread (1.1^1.0) seems to have short-term prospects.

In the sense that the spread line here goes in a fairly stable channel. I experimented several times with small timeframes m15-m30 and closed the total profit, working from the border to the border of the channel.

Unfortunately, high profit probability is undermined by its (profit) small size.

On small TFs in MT4 the significant part of the total profit is eaten up by the spread (asc-bid) of both contracts - in the spread indicator chart - it is the distance between blue and red horizon lines in the upper part of the indicator window.

(check BidAsk.Show = true; // Show total BidAsk lines)

I.e. it is clear that nearly 20-25% of the expected profit is accounted for by (ask-bid), plus slippage to the worse side!

It is necessary to follow the fundamental sugar analytics in order not to get "under the squeeze" at the release of news reports-forecasts. At least, it is necessary to know the time of their release.

It is better to put indices on the chart W, because contracts start and finish trading at different times. And on the SB chart at the moment of "changeover" often there are false spikes of the spread line.

Alternative tester-optimisers:

1. TSLab
  2. OpenQuant
  3. AmiBroker

Good afternoon everyone!

Can you tell me who understands what's going on!

I entered by paired entry at 13:06 terminal time on indices, British and American.
BUY FTSEZ0 + SELL MCZ0 =0.1^ 0.08
There is quite a good profit on the spread indicator (turquoise arrow)
The virtual equity indicator https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/8752 (lower window) has also clearly registered a total profit of +21.90 $.

In fact, now there are almost no profits online!

Here is fixed this online moment (17:10 terminal) - instead of +21.90 $ - there is only +4:

Where did the real total profit - is unclear!

It is counted at
MarketInfo(Symbol1.Name, MODE_TICKVALUE)/MarketInfo(Symbol1.Name, MODE_TICKSIZE);
Is it possible that the indicator takes these data in one place during the calculation?

And the online mt4 block - somewhere else?

Leonid! Good afternoon!

Are you trading this in B-co?

If so - it's most likely due to closing prices on completely different symbols - with the #I prefix

My indicators, in terms of $ show the same thing:

Yes, in a broco.

No, the #I tickers didn't get in the way here. I specifically tracked this - the #I tickers almost matched Last prices at the time, so - it's something else.

Also, the MCZ0#I ticker is loaded in the turkey as well.

Reason: