Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 1640

Igor Makanu:

I don't want to go back to Renko, I've already wasted time on it, not only does it completely lose OHLC information, but in addition you get a lag of two heights of Renko bricks - it lags very much

The same will probably be true for ZigZag, but I have not dealt with it specifically.

Of OHLC, only O is unambiguously identified immediately when the corresponding tick arrives. In reality, the opening can be missed when there is a delay in processing previous ticks.

There is no perfection in the world)

Aleksey Nikolayev:

From OHLC, only O is unambiguously identified immediately at the moment of arrival of the corresponding tick. In reality, the opening may be missed if there is a delay in the processing of previous ticks.

There is no perfection in the world)

Everything is very complicated here

Many participants work with bar opening and closing prices, there are both trivial indicators and complicated modeling and manipulations of those who quote prices.

The High and Low prices make sense during the creation of channels, ZigZags and breakdowns of historical maximums (min), the graphical analysis, as well as settaps and patterns - this also makes sense

and these grandfatherly methods are still used in trading, i know for sure that americans actively use graphical analysis - i communicated with them several years ago.... But they also know it doesn't work)))

The problem is generally with the market participants themselves - they constantly create a disturbance on an ideal price series!

Aleksey Nikolayev:

It is possible to get rid of session volatility fluctuations by switching to a zigzag or renko, isn't it? Of course, the natural time structure will suffer, but it is possible to introduce the normal time as an indicator set for each knee/brick.

I've turned to zigzag... But since the beginning of March they are just not comparable to what they were before March. If before it could take half an hour or an hour to build a knee, it may take 5 minutes now because of the high volatility with the same parameters. So it makes no sense to study on the data before March. Everything is different now.

We should still think of something universal for high and low volatility.
Maybe something wave like that. The waves have remained, they have just become wider.

I googled it, but I'm still going to ask here

what types of neural networks can be used as a control system?

At least for this example: NS should give a response that will open an order in the desired direction and set the value of take and stoploss, i.e. 3 control parameters (buy/sell + tp + sl)

Igor Makanu:What types of neural networks can be used as an object control system?

EN: reinforcement learning

https://github.com/EliteQuant/EliteQuant#quantitative-model

RU: reinforcement learning

https://www.mql5.com/ru/search#!keyword=%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BF%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5%D0%BC

although if the parameter set is fixed, as well as their values, it looks like the usual classification

Igor Makanu:

I googled it, but I'm still going to ask here

what types of neural networks can be used as a control system?

At least for the following example: NS should give a response that will open an order in the necessary direction and set the value of take and stoploss, i.e. 3 parameters of control (buy/sell + tp + sl)

What a problem you're trying to solve!
Here's the plan:
1. make a network which guesses the direction of price movement after a fixed time.
2. if p.1 is successful, make a network which guesses the direction dynamically, i.e. gives out the direction and time where it is most confident.
3. if you have item 2, make a network which guesses the direction and strength of movement.
4. if you have item 3, create a network which guesses the direction and strength + time of movement.

After that go to your 3 parameters.

...:

EN: reinforcement learning

https://github.com/EliteQuant/EliteQuant#quantitative-model

RU: reinforcement learning

https://www.mql5.com/ru/search#!keyword=%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BF%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5%D0%BC

although if the parameter set is fixed, as well as their values, then it looks like a normal classification

training with reinforcement I don't want any more, I was getting a fit, more effective random GA tester to use, at least the forward passes the TS found by genetics better than training with reinforcement

Thanks for the git, I will study a large collection of ready-made material

Evgeny Dyuka:

What a task you are trying to solve!
Here is the plan:
1. Make a network that guesses the direction of price movement after a fixed time.
If p. 1, then make a network that guesses the direction dynamically, i.e. gives the direction and time where it is most confident.
3. if you have item 2, make a network which guesses the direction and strength of movement.
4. if you have item 3, create a network which guesses the direction and strength + time of movement.

Then go to your 3 parameters.

it's an RNN network or a standard multi-layer perceptron does it fine

the problem is just in the control of the object - google neurocontrol, you can read the terminology on the same wiki and google it afterwards

Igor Makanu:

it's an RNN network or a regular multilayer perceptron that does it fine

the problem is just in the management of the object - google neurocontrol, in the same wiki you can read the terminology fluently and then google them

Not an expert, but at first glance this approach for markets is unlikely to give anything beyond NARX. And this model, it seems, can always be implemented through RNN. And the completeness of RNN by Turing also contributes to its sufficiency.

Article on the equivalence of NARX and RNN.

Nonlinear autoregressive exogenous model - Wikipedia
  • en.wikipedia.org
past values of the same series; and current and past values of the driving (exogenous) series — that is, of the externally determined series that influences the series of interest. In addition, the model contains: which relates to the fact that knowledge of other terms will not enable the current value of the time series to be predicted...

Aleksey Nikolayev:

Not an expert, but at first glance this approach for the markets is unlikely to give anything beyond NARX. And this model, it seems, can always be implemented by RNN. And the completeness of RNN by Turing also contributes to its sufficiency.

I googled it, according to my observations I should use RBF-net.

OK, I'll ask more specifically: there is a portfolio of primitive TS, which are forward tested, each TS is time bound within a day and the TS may overlap in time - you need"something that will try to go through the portfolio" depending on the input data - OHLC

just do the portfolio optimization by enumerating in the tester's genetics can.... But I want some intelligence)))

Igor Makanu:

I googled, according to my observations I should use RBF-network

Ok, I'll ask more specifically: there is a portfolio of primitive TS, which are forward tested, each TS is bound by the time of operation within the day and TS may overlap in time - you need"something that will try to enumerate the portfolio" depending on the input data - OHLC

just do the portfolio optimization by enumerating in the tester's genetics can.... but I want some intelligence)))

The task looks not quite formalized - the set of parameters is not clear. Is the complete set of systems finite, countable or continuous? Is the portfolio a fixed size? Is the system included in the portfolio with certain weights or just yes/no?

Reason: