Apply indicator by code

Hi,

Is it possible to apply an indicator to a window by code?

If so how please.?

1. Apply a template that has the indicator.

2. Why are you asking? EAs have no eyes, they don't need it on the chart. Just get the value of the indicator into the EA and do what you want with it. You should encapsulate your iCustom calls to make your code self-documenting.

No don't expect EA to be using it's eyes!!!!

Want to be able to change indicator by using on screen buttons but need the code to do that? Somehow call the indicator??

Someone had asked me this question and I did to do it.

Thanks.

MadMik:

No don't expect EA to be using it's eyes!!!!

Want to be able to change indicator by using on screen buttons but need the code to do that? Somehow call the indicator??

Someone had asked me this question and I did to do it.

You should really take some time to "search" first before you post, Here are a two relevant links:

Add custom indicator to subwindow from EA
Add custom indicator to subwindow from EA
  • www.mql5.com
I know that this question has been asked before, but I can't get it to work. I hope someone can help...

MadMik: Want to be able to change indicator by using on screen buttons but need the code to do that? Somehow call the indicator??
I told you the function and gave you a link.

whroeder1: I told you the function and gave you a link.

And so you did but to be be honest, I myself did not see your links because they appear quite small and at the far right of the screen.

So I can understand that the OP did not see them either.

Just a humble request, but could you maybe in future, place them on the left at normal text size please for the benefit of all, especially the OPs?

Thanks!

whroeder ... sorry never noticed your link.

Fernando .... thanks for links. I know how to apply templates. I do not know how to code in MQ5 :-(.

Also never tried Windows calls but will give it a try.

(Did not find what I wanted when I searched).

Thanks.

MM.

Reason: