SYNERGY Trading Method - page 33

autumnleaves:
Thanks nondis, I used your optimal settings for my forward testing. But how much data did you test, and with all the settings? Any suggestions for further testing? autumn

Only settings i tested are listed in the file. Anything else was left where it was in the code.

I tested from 1/1/07 to 11/23/07

My style trading synergy Manually

Hi Guys,

I trade synergy manually because of so many factors wouln't allow EA to work profitably in my region - (lack of power supply and incessant breakdown of internet connectivity).

I trade fx with a daily set target and i always have that at the back of my mind. for synergy, I used breakeven @25 for the four major pairs + EurJpy and i manually lock in profit as the trend continues.

The worst that can happen in this scenario is to get out of profitable trend on time but better than losing.

30 pips daily on these currency pairs is okay for synergy method..... that's 150 pips daily......

thanks

nondisclosure007:
Only settings i tested are listed in the file. Anything else was left where it was in the code. I tested from 1/1/07 to 11/23/07

Do you have data for all timeframes below the timeframe the test was run with? This is important because the results will not be very accurate, especially if 1 minute data is missing. So you should have 1 minute data from 1/1/07 to present as well as 5, 15, 30, etc. for the same period.

On my FXDD account I have 1 minute data for GBPUSD back to Feb 26, 2007.

On ATC I only have 1 minute data from Oct 15, 2007.

I have data for the other timeframe at least back to the 1 minute date.

When I run the test on some of my EAs on the two platforms for the same period of March 1 to present the results are very different.

I have not yet tested SynergyEA but it is on my todo list when I have the time.

Robert

MrPip:
Do you have data for all timeframes below the timeframe the test was run with? This is important because the results will not be very accurate, especially if 1 minute data is missing. So you should have 1 minute data from 1/1/07 to present as well as 5, 15, 30, etc. for the same period.

On my FXDD account I have 1 minute data for GBPUSD back to Feb 26, 2007.

On ATC I only have 1 minute data from Oct 15, 2007.

I have data for the other timeframe at least back to the 1 minute date.

When I run the test on some of my EAs on the two platforms for the same period of March 1 to present the results are very different.

I have not yet tested SynergyEA but it is on my todo list when I have the time.

Robert

I have data that far back on all timeframes. But the EA gives the best results on 1hr.

I understand running the EA on 1 hr timeframe. The strategy tester uses the lower timeframe data to more accurately handle stoploss and takeprofit or exit on open candles.

I have not studied the method and the EA enough to determine if that matters.

Robert

autumnleaves:
Thanks Derk,

I have altered the settings as per Nondisclosure's optimization after a drop of over $600 since yesterday on 4 pairs.

One question lingers: does the Indicator have to be attached to the chart in order for the EA to work? If so, do all the settings have to be identical for the EA and Indicator?

thanks for your help.

autumn

No; the two are independent & unrelated.

Backtesting

Mr. Pip, Nondisclosure (anyone else backtesting):

It would be great if any of you with good data could do some more optimizations. I only asked Non to do GBPJPY, but trying it on other currencies would be nice too (GBPUSD, EURJPY, others?).

Or trying it with a variation of other settings (SL, TP, SplitTrade, etc) could be useful as well.

I am intending to put back in the code that makes it signal a trade only on candle close (I took that out a while back), and have it be an option.

Also I am going to put in a martingale MM option, because with the way I am trading it, I am seeing that I think it could be useful.

Hopefully I can get this done tomorrow.

Best,

-Derk

Optimizaiton problem

I am unable to do optimization of the EA. It causes a critical error in MT4. I can, however, backtest, or at least on a short period of time. Any ideas why this would happen?

autumn

autumnleaves:
I am unable to do optimization of the EA. It causes a critical error in MT4. I can, however, backtest, or at least on a short period of time. Any ideas why this would happen? autumn

No, cannot say why. NonD. didn't have any problem. Perhaps he has some idea...(?)

First test results

cochran1:
Yes that should be good. The only issue is that the stop in some cases is large when using the opposite PAC, one bad trade could wipe out a couple good trades. Let me know what you decide, maybe we can tag team on different stop settings. thx mike

Hi,

Thank you for your advice, Mike. I tried to use SynergyEA today during London session on USDCAD and USDCHF only. I judged USDCAD bullish and USDCHF bearish on the base of this morning's H4 charts. I set the trading options accordingly: Only Short on USDCHF and Only Long on USDCAD.

There were four trades, all of them closed with profit, one of them with trailing stop, the others reached TP. (There were other trades on the account, I show only Synergy trades on the image.)

You are right, the stops usually were much bigger than the TP settings using the opposite PAC and it is dangerous.

Attached are my presets and a screenshot. The broker was TradeView, they use 5 decimals in price, so the slippage setting looks a bit strange for the first sight...

All in all, using predefined trend direction the EA worked well on the first day but we perhaps should find stop loss settings other than opposite PAC.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Reason: