EA Switcher - page 3

newdigital:
.... But, sorry, I will be ready in December. Because it is reallty very hard to develop (i am talking about myself).

I could wait for this strategic Christmas Gift NewDigital ;-)

dswk:
Btw, i've got 1 question.

Is it possible to attach/unattach an EA to a specific TF and specific PAIR by programming ?

Thanks

Im not sure but i think EAs can read external files (dlls certainly), but other files as well.. txt maybe?

If that is possible, two EAs may "talk" through files with a few sleepless nights of thought over it

dswk:
Btw, i've got 1 question.

Is it possible to attach/unattach an EA to a specific TF and specific PAIR by programming ?

Thanks

Yes, the pairs and timeframes may be mentioned inside the code.

BTW I have some ideas about how to create Portfolio Manager. Steps of the development aee the following.

- step 1.

Create EA or tool which will automatically detect the condition of the market sending/saving all the information in txt file for H4, D1 and W1 timeframes.

I did it many times with Ichimoku system and with digital filters' system. Those systems are having great forecasting possibility and I used it and posted in many thread already. If I could do so EA can do as well. Because it was not something personal: I was reading the indicators only in fully programming way.

We may use Ichimoku chart to determing the market condition and do some forecasting. I did it here for example. Thread is here and here, some template is here. Some examples of estimation we may find in elite asctrend thread. Explanation about some indicators is here.

Besides we may use digital filters to do the same. I did it many times.

Just some usefull likns:

trading system thread, generator of digital filters, indicators' description, download digital filters indicators.

We may code some very preliminary templated EA and then, later on, insert all the indicators and systems (optional) to do the same (trading recommendation, market condition estimation, forecasting and so on) what I did but utomatically with txt files, email, and so on.

We may use the other systems (anyone) for market condition explanation (as UseIchimoku =true or false; UseDigitalFilters = true or false; and many other systems people suggest). Because I can do it manually with Ichimoku and digital filters' system, and the other people can do it with some other systems so we may create just a templated Portfolio Manager to insert all the systems inside (with text for txt file for all the cases of the market situation). The explanation/trading recommendations will be saved in txt file (it will be the same explanation as brokers are doing weekly, you somebody explaining on TV for example). But fully automated.

- step 2. Improve this Portfolio Manager. This EA will predict/forecast of the price movement with support/resistance and so on.

- step 3. EA will manage all other EAs in MetaTrader/charts switching off or switching on according to the market condition and forecasting. For example, if trend market - Portfolio Manager will switch on some EAs which are trend followers, if flat - scalpers will be switching on.

- step4. Portfolio Manager will use one Money Management for all EAs working in Metatrader.

- step 5. Portfolio Manager will re-act on the news. We should create or use some news calender and some tools or dll files to work with news.

- step 6. Portfolio Manager will generate trading signals and send them by email, sms and so on.

Step 1, 2, 3 and 4 is not very difficult. More difficult is step 5 and 6.

It may be the plan of our development.

Caution in Development Philosophy

Just a thought for what its worth, the more complex the idea, the more variable and parameters are added in, it becomes much more difficult to see what is working and what is not working, so obviously, correcting or refining it may become too challenging. I hope the development follows the KISS principle - (Keep it simple stupid) Originally I was thinking of something like the trend indicators that were mentioned, maybe braintrend and there are others, maybe better ones.

newdigital:
Yes, the pairs and timeframes may be mentioned inside the code.

BTW I have some ideas about how to create Portfolio Manager. Steps of the development aee the following.

- step 1.

Create EA or tool which will automatically detect the condition of the market sending/saving all the information in txt file for H4, D1 and W1 timeframes.

I did it many times with Ichimoku system and with digital filters' system. Those systems are having great forecasting possibility and I used it and posted in many thread already. If I could do so EA can do as well. Because it was not something personal: I was reading the indicators only in fully programming way.

We may use Ichimoku chart to determing the market condition and do some forecasting. I did it here for example. Thread is here and here, some template is here. Some examples of estimation we may find in elite asctrend thread. Explanation about some indicators is here.

Besides we may use digital filters to do the same. I did it many times.

Just some usefull likns:

trading system thread, generator of digital filters, indicators' description, download digital filters indicators.

We may code some very preliminary templated EA and then, later on, insert all the indicators and systems (optional) to do the same (trading recommendation, market condition estimation, forecasting and so on) what I did but utomatically with txt files, email, and so on.

We may use the other systems (anyone) for market condition explanation (as UseIchimoku =true or false; UseDigitalFilters = true or false; and many other systems people suggest). Because I can do it manually with Ichimoku and digital filters' system, and the other people can do it with some other systems so we may create just a templated Portfolio Manager to insert all the systems inside (with text for txt file for all the cases of the market situation). The explanation/trading recommendations will be saved in txt file (it will be the same explanation as brokers are doing weekly, you somebody explaining on TV for example). But fully automated.

- step 2. Improve this Portfolio Manager. This EA will predict/forecast of the price movement with support/resistance and so on.

- step 3. EA will manage all other EAs in MetaTrader/charts switching off or switching on according to the market condition and forecasting. For example, if trend market - Portfolio Manager will switch on some EAs which are trend followers, if flat - scalpers will be switching on.

- step4. Portfolio Manager will use one Money Management for all EAs working in Metatrader.

- step 5. Portfolio Manager will re-act on the news. We should create or use some news calender and some tools or dll files to work with news.

- step 6. Portfolio Manager will generate trading signals and send them by email, sms and so on.

Step 1, 2, 3 and 4 is not very difficult. More difficult is step 5 and 6.

It may be the plan of our development.

Clap - Clap - Clap... .exactly what i want for my Christmas Day :-)

Bravo.

It is simple. It is difficult to develop but it is simple.

Every step will have EA. And finally it will be 5 EAs or just one - does not matter.

For example, if we will create EA which will be doing trading recommendations for every pairs with signals (the same as brokers are doing weekly), with some forecasting so this EA may send the trading signals as well.

For example: today for EURUSD is trending market with support/resistance level ..., breakout levels: if price hit ... fo short ..., coming news: ....

Trend indicator can not show us the whole picture of the day with support/resistance and some forecasting. Ichimoku and digital filters can do.

I switch TV on and I see that one person describing exactly the same as I may see it from Ichimoku system: support levels, resistance, trending market, upcoming new, EURUSD probable will go long or short and will stop with this level ... and bla bla bal and so on. TV.

If I can do it using some indicators so EA can do it as well (instead of the person on TV for example).

Just attach EA to the chart and get everything in txt file saved inside computer. We need just program many cases and it is very routine job. We should probram every single case of the indicators' line movement described it by text. So I am not sure that it will be ready by Christmas. We may do some very preliminaty templated EA by Christmas (just to see what it that).

But if we will create such an EA so it will be easy to progam trading signals, and switching EAs on or off and so on. It is just additional options.

The main is to code EA which will describe everything about the price movement today, forecast for tomorrow, for next week and month. The same as that guy on TV.

We need just to create template for EA. To insert inside whatever we want later on.

For example:

UseForecasting = true or false;

Save_in_File = true or false;

UseIchimokuSystem = true or false;

UseDigitalFiltersSystem = tru or false;

Use some other system (anyone) = true or false;

And for EAs switching on and swithing off so it may be inside the code. I mean magic numbers should be mentions inside the code and we should have just the following:

UseSwitchingOption = true or false.

For trading signals it may be alarm or email (as true or false as well).

Traderking:
Just a thought for what its worth, the more complex the idea, the more variable and parameters are added in, it becomes much more difficult to see what is working and what is not working, so obviously, correcting or refining it may become too challenging. I hope the development follows the KISS principle - (Keep it simple stupid) Originally I was thinking of something like the trend indicators that were mentioned, maybe braintrend and there are others, maybe better ones.

It may be good idea as well about manual trading.

For example I attach Portfolio Manager to the chart in the morning to get all the picture about price movement in txt file with all the particularities and some recommendation: use breakout manual trading sysems.

And all I need to do is to use the following:

- Dolly = true;

- Maksigen = true;

- SBS =true;

- TPE = true.

And finally:

UseAlarm = true.

And Portfolio manager will alarm when buy or sell.

If market is trending so it may be the following:

- Braintrading = true

and so on.

newdigital:
It may be good idea as well about manual trading.

For example I attach Portfolio Manager to the chart in the morning to get all the picture about price movement in txt file with all the particularities and some recommendation: use breakout manual trading sysems.

And all I need to do is to use the following:

- Dolly = true;

- Maksigen = true;

- SBS =true;

- TPE = true.

And finally:

UseAlarm = true.

And Portfolio manager will alarm when buy or sell.

If market is trending so it may be the following:

- Braintrading = true

and so on.

clap clap clap. fantastic

I like the overall idea, it is what I had in mind.

i would add a final step which would be a routine inside the EA to record what worked and what did not work. for example. If market was trending heavily, which "sub-EA" worked best. Would enabling a counter trend EA simultaneously have worked better?

Storing that info would be great for development and if you plan to make the EA write on its own file, you can create an genetic EA that will self-optimize..

Did we say it was for Xmas 2008?

sa_trader:
clap clap clap. fantastic

Did we say it was for Xmas 2008?

Niet... NewDigital promised me that stuff for this Xmas

And i'm sure lot of us could help him.

This Adaptive Market EA will help a lot the community.

Imagine, we should have a EA, who react himself and accept to be "plugged" by others EA...

Reason: