Elite indicators :) - page 616

Mladen

Thanks the CCfp is working. I have another question,

I want to put a condition on a strat as follows

hmap =iCustom(NULL,0,"RK-HMA_v3.2",0,Price,HMA_Period,HMA_Mode,PctFilter,0,Shift+1);

ptrend=iCustom(NULL,0,"RK-HMA_v3.2",0,Price,HMA_Period,HMA_Mode,PctFilter,4,Shift+1); // produces a 1 or -1

if (ptrend > 0 && (hmap + .0010) > Close[1] ) result = mode; //go long non jpy

if (ptrend < 0 && (hmap - .0010) < Close[1] ) result = -mode; // go short non jpy

OR

if (ptrend > 0 && ( Close[0] + .0010) > Close[1] ) result = mode; //go long non jpy

if (ptrend < 0 && ( Close[0] - .0010) < Close[1] ) result = -mode; // go short non jpy

I'm not sure how to set it to include the " && (hmap + 10) > Close[1] "., which means the prior candle was a long so I want the current to be not only long, at this time , but +10 more then the last closed long candle, for some reason my formula doesn't work. I'm using renko 15 pip which gives me some room for the +10 pip requirement.

Any ideas??

thanks Ray

Ray

Not sure if they have been posted, so posting them here

mladen:
mandagozu81, It is using 3 drawing buffers for that (in metatrader 4 when drawing histogram, each color has to have its own buffer - so we have to allocate 1 drawing buffer for each color we wish to have in the histogram type indicator)

Mladen,

Would there be a coding trick/logic (any trick whatsoever) to make the composite indicator use 2 buffers, and still behave composite (having multi parameter sets) please ??

For example:

i don't need the yellow state in which the parameter sets don't agree. If i have the composite indicator as the "trend mode: true" version of the adxvma indicator that you have coded years ago, may i have the indicator to use only 2 buffers and still behave composite ???

In such a case the indicator will not have any color until all composing values agree,

Once all values agree, it turns blue or red.

Afterwards when one or more values disagree, instead of becoming yellow, the histogram would keep the previous color until all the composing values change color from blue to red or red to blue.

So the composite histogram would only have blue and red color.

Please see the template and the picture to understand my idea. Thank you very much.

mandagozu81:
Mladen,

Would there be a coding trick/logic (any trick whatsoever) to make the composite indicator use 2 buffers, and still behave composite (having multi parameter sets) please ??

For example:

i don't need the yellow state in which the parameter sets don't agree. If i have the composite indicator as the "trend mode: true" version of the adxvma indicator that you have coded years ago, may i have the indicator to use only 2 buffers and still behave composite ???

In such a case the indicator will not have any color until all composing values agree,

Once all values agree, it turns blue or red.

Afterwards when one or more values disagree, instead of becoming yellow, the histogram would keep the previous color until all the composing values change color from blue to red or red to blue.

So the composite histogram would only have blue and red color.

Please see the template and the picture to understand my idea. Thank you very much.

Not difficult to make (actually just 3 lines of code change/addition)

Added an option that is called InheriteState. If it is set to false, the indicator works as before (upper on the picture). If it is set to true it works as you describe it (lower on the picture). So it is just a matter of one parameter and you now have the two-in-one indicator

traderduke:
Mladen

Thanks the CCfp is working. I have another question,

I want to put a condition on a strat as follows

hmap =iCustom(NULL,0,"RK-HMA_v3.2",0,Price,HMA_Period,HMA_Mode,PctFilter,0,Shift+1);

ptrend=iCustom(NULL,0,"RK-HMA_v3.2",0,Price,HMA_Period,HMA_Mode,PctFilter,4,Shift+1); // produces a 1 or -1

if (ptrend > 0 && (hmap + .0010) > Close[1] ) result = mode; //go long non jpy

if (ptrend < 0 && (hmap - .0010) < Close[1] ) result = -mode; // go short non jpy

OR

if (ptrend > 0 && ( Close[0] + .0010) > Close[1] ) result = mode; //go long non jpy

if (ptrend < 0 && ( Close[0] - .0010) < Close[1] ) result = -mode; // go short non jpy

I'm not sure how to set it to include the " && (hmap + 10) > Close[1] "., which means the prior candle was a long so I want the current to be not only long, at this time , but +10 more then the last closed long candle, for some reason my formula doesn't work. I'm using renko 15 pip which gives me some room for the +10 pip requirement.

Any ideas??

thanks Ray

Ray

Ray

Add this condition : " && (hmap + 10*Point*MathPow(10,MathMod(Digits,2))) > Close[1] " and you are going to add 10 pips to the value of hmap and then compare it to previous Close

mladen:
Not difficult to make (actually just 3 lines of code change/addition) Added an option that is called InheriteState. If it is set to false, the indicator works as before (upper on the picture). If it is set to true it works as you describe it (lower on the picture). So it is just a matter of one parameter and you now have the two-in-one indicator

Thank you so much Mladen ),

Just to clarify, my concern about the buffers;

So at the end of the day, this Version 2 of the composite indicator has 2 buffers or 3 buffers?

My final goal is to have this composite histogram indicator use only 2 buffers, at all situations.

Do you think this final version suits my needs?

Or i better have a version 2.01 (inheritestate only version) which only works in inheritestate:true mode (guaranteeing max 2 buffers usage) which has inheritestate: true/false option excluded from the inputs menu ?

mandagozu81:
Thank you so much Mladen ),

Just to clarify, my concern about the buffers;

So at the end of the day, this Version 2 of the composite indicator has 2 buffers or 3 buffers?

My final goal is to have this composite histogram indicator use only 2 buffers, at all situations.

Do you think this final version suits my needs?

Or i better have a version 2.01 (inheritestate only version) which only works in inheritestate:true mode (guaranteeing max 2 buffers usage) which has inheritestate: true/false option excluded from the inputs menu ?

mandagozu81

If you set the InheritState to true only first 2 buffers are used for drawing

mladen:
mandagozu81 If you set the InheritState to true only first 2 buffers are used for drawing

Mladen,

All issues cleared now . Btw i ve just sent you a pm about a coding issue. Thank you very much again.

Thanks Mladen, I would have never gotten it myself.

Ray

mladen:
Ray Add this condition : " && (hmap + 10*Point*MathPow(10,MathMod(Digits,2))) > Close[1] " and you are going to add 10 pips to the value of hmap and then compare it to previous Close

Chalkin Money Flow Index on Jurik

Hello MrTools

I hope that all is well on your side of the world. I have a nice "weekend challenge" for you.

Could you please convert the CFM on Jurik (attached) to the "horizontal HISTO version"? Please maintain the 4 colour histo (Green for "Long1"; LIME for "long2 upstream of zero-cross"; Maroon for "Short1"; RED for "Short2 downstream of zero-cross". Could you also please include arrows on chart specifically for "Zero-cross up = Lime arrow" and "Zero-cross down = Red arrow". I believe that this tool has a lot of potential on the H4 (upwards) charts so I want to run some experiments with it and test "my theory/hunches".

Have a great Sunday!!

Regards

Sylvester

Reason: