Elite indicators :) - page 149

altoronto, you are right : it will go over 95 only when it reaches 100

But also I think you are on to something - the way you are proposing might be a good way to use it Men, it takes all of you so short a time to "dissect" indicators and to find new ways of using them that it is scary sometimes :):).

regards

mladen

altoronto:
Wow great tool Mladen, and have a question about it, in pdf. it says go for long position when wro>95, on 1h chart (n=9) rarely goes to 95, so I add 50 level line and looks good to go for long trade when wro>50. What do you think guys?

:) In my case is much easier to disect indicator then to make money in forex as I said before thank you for this.

From May 2010 issue of Futures magazine : "Fixing the Bollinger Bands" by David Rooke

One of the preferred "sports" people are occupied with : how to enhance the Bollinger bands. This is one way David Rooke proposes that it should be done in order to to make it better. Basically a zero lag TEMA is used to calculate bands. Two "flavors" : the on chart bands and the relative position within the bands (sub-window type)
PS: one additional parameter is supplied which needs explanation - in the original article the way how deviations are calculated (from the pseudo code supplied) are rather odd, but if we apply the "classical" way of calculating deviations, the values of the bands tend to be "spiky" (as on the picture) and they do not look at all as on the examples in the article, but I decided that we should have it as an option (just in case )

SMI with alert/arrow

Hi, could you please add arrow to indicate SMI cross? Thanks in advance

smi_v1.1.mq4

Files:
smi_v1.1.mq4  5 kb

Volatility bands

From May 2010 issue of Futures magazine : "Fixing the Bollinger Bands" by David Rooke

Good morning Mladen,

An interesting indicator to say the least. Early days, but back-testing it (and due to its nature I guess it is accurate enough to allow an informed opinion) it shows potential, but for me on a different scale which I will post here once I am satisfied that it is adding value to selecting directional changes accurately.

Just a request please - could you possibly add an Arrow to when the indicator crosses the 0.0-level (*) to be shown on the candles, please?

Looking forward to hearing from you and thanking you in advance.

Best wishes.

I don't really understand how to use this to determine breakout. Can give few examples? Thanks in advance

mladen:

One of the preferred "sports" people are occupied with : how to enhance the Bollinger bands. This is one way David Rooke proposes that it should be done in order to to make it better. Basically a zero lag TEMA is used to calculate bands. Two "flavors" : the on chart bands and the relative position within the bands (sub-window type)
PS: one additional parameter is supplied which needs explanation - in the original article the way how deviations are calculated (from the pseudo code supplied) are rather odd, but if we apply the "classical" way of calculating deviations, the values of the bands tend to be "spiky" (as on the picture) and they do not look at all as on the examples in the article, but I decided that we should have it as an option (just in case )

Trendline indicator

Hi Mladen

I found a very interesting break out strategy based on upper and lower trend lines drawn before the London session.

I attached an existing auto trend line indi which could be changed for this purpose.

Here are the rules:

1. Connect the most recent swing High of the previous day(s) with the swing high of the chosen working range for the new day e.g 0-7GMT.

2. The same holds for the support line: Connect the most recent Low of the previous day(s) with the low of the working range.

I attached a chart with an example.

If possible, I would like to be able to use the indicator within an EA.

Thanks in advance,

Heiko

Files:

Appreciate to add arrow to indicate SMI cross

I will very appreciate if someone can help me.

clc4x:
Hi, could you please add arrow to indicate SMI cross? Thanks in advance smi_v1.1.mq4

clc4x:
I will very appreciate if someone can help me.

Would love to help you but the indicator you posted is using 8 buffers which is the maximum for metatrader 4, and for an arrow usually I need to add a buffer for it to work.

Regards

I think this one has enough buffer.

stochastic_momentum.mq4

mrtools:
Would love to help you but the indicator you posted is using 8 buffers which is the maximum for metatrader 4, and for an arrow usually I need to add a buffer for it to work. Regards
Files:
Reason: