Equity EA Anyone? - page 2

Just a small thought...

I must agree with all that Newdigital says here. Using hedge is possible to grow an account from a few bucks to a few thousands in a month. But you have always to have an eye on equity. And you cannot let go by greed. I have started an account with $1300 and gow it to $12.000 in one month, but I always have some positions open (some with -5000). And I have lost this battle but I could understand and learn a lot with this. I'm now on second try ... I'm using GridMACD again and I'm trading manually. I will start with firebird again this week. This two are my favorites.

I have one problem, I hate to close negative orders, but I'm doing that now. You can use hedge, but never let your divergence on your orders go too far away. I once had orders with 380 pips diference. It only take one day last week that I was not at the office and this diference killed my account.

I had at that time one one lot diference on buy and sell orders.

newdigital:
EA was updated. Should work better now.

Does the Magic number have to equal 0 or will it work with all magic numbers?Has it been fully tested and working properly to close out all open trades when a cumulative dollar total is reached?? Please respond as soon as possible - I hate it when the EA's make money, just to see it give it all back by the end of the day!

Dave <<<

iscuba11:
Does the Magic number have to equal 0 or will it work with all magic numbers?Has it been fully tested and working properly to close out all open trades when a cumulative dollar total is reached?? Please respond as soon as possible - I hate it when the EA's make money, just to see it give it all back by the end of the day!
Dave <<<

iscuba11,

I tested it but i can not guarantee that everything is working fine because I did not test magic numbers and UsePips=false. It should be tested more.

The last version only is working well. The previous versions are having the bugs. But, of course, this last version should be tested more.

The setings:

StopManageAcc = false; // EA is working.

StopManageAcc = true; // EA will close all open orders immediately and stop working.

Magic = 0; // If Magic = 0 so EA will manage all the orders. We may put some particular magic number and EA will manage the orders from this magic number only.

UsePips = true;

We may use pips or dollars calculation.

ProfitTarget = 100; // Profit target in pips or USD for all the orders managed

MaxLoss = 100; // Maximum total loss in pips or USD (for all the orders managed.

Some my comments:

- be carefully with StopManageAcc because if StopManageAcc = true the EA will close all open orders;

- be caful with ProfitTarget and MaxLoss because probable it is for all orders per day. I am not sure but seems it is daily. I think somebody should look inside the code and clarify it because it is very important (especially for MaxLoss).

Urgent Message About This Equity Program

DO NOT USE THE MULTIPOSITIONAL EQUITY PROGRAM IN ITS PRESENT STATE. IT HAS A DANGEROUS FLAW IN ITS PROGRAMMING.

Today, 3 different traders (I being one) used it in live trading. The latest Multipositional Equity program closed out new trades about as fast as they were created by the Hull EA it was monitoring. For 2 of us, we were lucky that we caught the malfunction as soon as it started.

But for the 3rd trader who went to lunch, he came back to find his account down around $1,600. The amount of opening and shutting of trades had to be enormous, but the fact remains, the latest version of this program [MultiPositionExpert_v1.1.mq4] is very faulty. DO NOT USE UNLESS IT IS CORRECTED!! And do not make the mistake of trying it live, without testing it on demo first.

iscuba11:
DO NOT USE THE MULTIPOSITIONAL EQUITY PROGRAM IN ITS PRESENT STATE. IT HAS A DANGEROUS FLAW IN ITS PROGRAMMING.

Today, 3 different traders (I being one) used it in live trading. The latest Multipositional Equity program closed out new trades about as fast as they were created by the Hull EA it was monitoring. For 2 of us, we were lucky that we caught the malfunction as soon as it started.

But for the 3rd trader who went to lunch, he came back to find his account down around $1,600. The amount of opening and shutting of trades had to be enormous, but the fact remains, the latest version of this program [MultiPositionExpert_v1.1.mq4] is very faulty. DO NOT USE UNLESS IT IS CORRECTED!! And do not make the mistake of trying it live, without testing it on demo first.

Yes, fully agree, of course it should be tested more.

Just hope that bug will be fixed.

Why does this program close open orders right away?? I do not understand its logic? Would somebody enlighten me as to sequence of how this EA was supposed to operate?

Dave <<<

If StopManageAcc = false EA will work properly.

Try to test with many open orders.

If StopManageAcc = true EAwill stop all open trades and each new order will closeimmediately. You must be very careful with this parameter.

I have been using the latest version on SBFX and Crownforex demo and it has been working fine.

But twice when I used it on the FXDD demo it closed only the trade which was at the profit level and left the other trade open.

All trades have been entered manually so far(no magic number).

waltini

iscuba11:
Why does this program close open orders right away?? I do not understand its logic? Would somebody enlighten me as to sequence of how this EA was supposed to operate?
Dave <<<

Hi,

could you give me EA settings which you use and have losses?

Multiple magic numbers?

Hi Igorad,

is it possible for the multiposition expert to track more than one magic number? If so how do I write it?

Magic=14500,14600. Like this?

thanks

waltini

Reason: