Harmonic Trading - page 563

yes it works perfectly,

however i dont want to hijack the thread. if poruchik is fine with it. i could add the indicator with updated alarm.

to be honest i never understood why the programmers have not added that in the first place. who has the time to sit infront of the screen for 24 hours to check if patterns are fine or not.

now i cant backtest. but at least now i can forward test by just adding the indicator and checking the log files after each day. i get lots of research which is specially fine after the whole news we get this week.

also were is poruchik? i hope he is alright. maybe a nice vacation?

tradestate:
yes it works perfectly,

however i dont want to hijack the thread. if poruchik is fine with it. i could add the indicator with updated alarm.

to be honest i never understood why the programmers have not added that in the first place. who has the time to sit infront of the screen for 24 hours to check if patterns are fine or not.

now i cant backtest. but at least now i can forward test by just adding the indicator and checking the log files after each day. i get lots of research which is specially fine after the whole news we get this week.

also were is poruchik? i hope he is alright. maybe a nice vacation?

So does your new settings alert you to new patterns that the software realizes or something along that nature? I'm trying to learn what you are trying to learn and accomplish, as I have made some programming changes myself in testing these amazing products over the past few years.

the new setting alert shows simply ever bar a new alarm. so not on tick, but on bar. then save the alarms in the log file.

then after a day i can check which signals were valid which were not. then i can use for example a different indicator. to see i can filter out the bad ones.

also i detected an error in the zupv1.48 indicator as well. a bearish dragon was shown, then a bullish pattern was shown, then it gave a new signal for a new bearish dragon. however once the new pattern was given after a few minutes it flipped all the way back to first bearish dragon.

that should not have happened. it should have stayed on the second bearish dragon.

so for that forward testing is fine as well. detectings bugs.

but since your a programmer yourself. it should not be so difficult to fix the alarm right?

purochik showed already were the alarms are triggered for the patterns.

also the updated rsi_v48 indicator for metatrader above 6.25 is bugged. i checked the orginal indicator compiling it using older metatrader. then adding only the exe file to new metatrader and there the zigzag line was fine.

so i think the reason updated rsi_v48 version does not work well. is because of a bug in the zigzag calculations.

tradestate:
the new setting alert shows simply ever bar a new alarm. so not on tick, but on bar. then save the alarms in the log file.

then after a day i can check which signals were valid which were not. then i can use for example a different indicator. to see i can filter out the bad ones.

also i detected an error in the zupv1.48 indicator as well. a bearish dragon was shown, then a bullish pattern was shown, then it gave a new signal for a new bearish dragon. however once the new pattern was given after a few minutes it flipped all the way back to first bearish dragon.

that should not have happened. it should have stayed on the second bearish dragon.

so for that forward testing is fine as well. detectings bugs.

but since your a programmer yourself. it should not be so difficult to fix the alarm right?

purochik showed already were the alarms are triggered for the patterns.

also the updated rsi_v48 indicator for metatrader above 6.25 is bugged. i checked the orginal indicator compiling it using older metatrader. then adding only the exe file to new metatrader and there the zigzag line was fine.

so i think the reason updated rsi_v48 version does not work well. is because of a bug in the zigzag calculations.

Ohmygosh tradestate, this undertaking by you sounds amazing. When you mentioned zup 1.48,.we're you referring to the newer 148, or the older 48?

One more thing I forgot to ask. What time-frame are you using to back test? Anything in particular? I'm doing everything from using renko 5 all the way to daily.

i test from 1 minute till 1 hour chart.

i use latest version of zup indicator 1.48 that purochik released with that alert in it. as far as i know zup version 1.49 is not released with source file.

also about renko i want to check that next week see how that goes. but then i use 10 pip blocks on gold. i like to test gold because there is most volatility in it. so easier to check if something goes wrong or good.

rsi_v48 is last known version of that zup indicator. there is an old version of zup v48 which does not work on metatraders higher then 6.25 and an updated version of rsi_v48 . however the updated version of zup_rsi_v48 is bugged.

hopefully the creators of it will fix it later on.

also what i discovered is that on lower timeframes like 1 minute for example. do not take a pattern that will be a continueation of a trend. because you will add wrong trades. for example friday a bearish butterfly was given that was a continuation of a trend down. however price was still going up and pattern later got removed for a bullish pattern.

so only lower timeframes i would only take patterns that the last zigzag line is not a trendline. that way i would not get caught if trend is broken. so i only use the last zigzag line if there is good support or resistance. then enter trade.

Tradestate, once again, I think you are truly into something good here! I have literally been spending my free time, trying to maximize the indicators for the best analysis going forward. I will look into the rsi_v48 today. I have mainly been focusing on the zup versions of 84 up to the 148,and almost EVERYTHING in between. Needless to say, I definitely have my favorites! Some of my best work is coming from 133 to 148 however.

So maybe I should try to find the programming that you have to backtest and accumulate this information going forward.

I'll hit you up via pm to talk more about the goods :-)

bubba just incase you pm. i have no idea on how to check private mesages yet. so just let me know when youhave send a message in here. just in case i miss it.

Sounds good I haven't sent a pm yet but may try later this evening?

As to the rsi_zup_48, I haven't been able to get it to work like you show on your charting. Maybe I'll have more time later to explore this.

I'm very much interested in seeing how your back testing is coming along, as I see patterns alert at one price (say on euro currently), only to see prz boxes fire an alert at one price, then appear yet again lower . I have been focusing on making (when possible) the prz boxes smaller and more accurate and making a combination of prz areas from a few (up to 8 or so) variants of various zup programs fire all together

poruchik:
End. Last version Thank very much to nen!!!

to: poruchik,

ZUPv149 in .ex4 will not be as useful to modders compared to its mq4 variant. Pls ask nen to post the mq4 version. Thanks.

to: everyone else

Do u know where to change the PRZ box (currently red) to another color ?

Either in line code or at 'Inputs' tab.

Also, would like to modify PRZ box from thin red line to a thicker line box.

Reason: