Harmonic Trading - page 367

Bug in MT4

++++

bro, add triangles for patterns

Files:
usdchfh1.png  61 kb

grandaevus:
do not pay to much attention what it writes about time frames. It's all about the extend the search capacity of zigzags. That's all.

You can do it in two ways.

First one. You can keep the default maxdepth=55 and open many charts in larger time frames, so you can catch every pattern from lower to high frames.

Second One. If you don't want to open too many charts, then you can increase the maxdepth value.

You can select DirectionOfSearchMaxMin=false, so indicator starts searching from minimum depth to maximum depth.

grandeavus , wouldn't changing at "maxdepth" actually change the new coming patterns ? , i have a quite fast processor and i only use MT4 on it so do you suggest using a large maxdepth lets say 1000 or more ?

i also want to salute you for the 113-45V , such a good work , i used it along with zup 122 and zup 135 all and i made 270 pips the past week .. next week i am going to trade using the same style however I want to test your 113-49V ..

Thanks in advanced

grandaevus:
Hi leo. I can't say what you should do but I can say what I do. When a new leg forms, indicator deletes all objects in the chart. I take this opportunity to close trade and take profit. And I don't use any indicator except zup.

so making use of the pattern invalidated signal?

grandaevus:
I understand that you mostly trade the larger time frame

Yes. I prefer to trade in H4, D1 , W1 since there's less noise in higher time frames.

do you take all the trade that are detected?

Of course not. This would be a suicide.

or the ones that have a fib. extension(blue line) inside the red

It would be better but not essential

So may I ask, you are trading these manually? (link to last question

grandaevus:
I understand that you mostly trade the larger time frame Yes. I prefer to trade in H4, D1 , l

So you not using the 1m~ 5m I thought you mentioned before??!! I have tried 1m/5m with 113Grandeavus latest, it is useful occasionally for retracements, but some invalidated quickly too, so not included in your win ratio?

Thanks kindly

zigflip:
so making use of the pattern invalidated signal?

Yes absolutely.

zigflip:
So may I ask, you are trading these manually? (link to last question

I don't use expert advisors. Only manual trading. And zup is the only indicator that I use in live trading.

zigflip:
So you not using the 1m~ 5m I thought you mentioned before??!! I have tried 1m/5m with 113Grandeavus latest, it is useful occasionally for retracements, but some invalidated quickly too, so not included in your win ratio? Thanks kindly

Zup can be used in any time frame but I feel more comfortable while trading in higher time frames.

Mike_Mike:
grandeavus , wouldn't changing at "maxdepth" actually change the new coming patterns ? , i have a quite fast processor and i only use MT4 on it so do you suggest using a large maxdepth lets say 1000 or more ?

i also want to salute you for the 113-45V , such a good work , i used it along with zup 122 and zup 135 all and i made 270 pips the past week .. next week i am going to trade using the same style however I want to test your 113-49V ..

Thanks in advanced

grandeavus , wouldn't changing at "maxdepth" actually change the new coming patterns ?

Indicator should find more patterns than default maxDepth=55. Increasing "maxDepth" increaeses zigzag depth.

i have a quite fast processor and i only use MT4 on it so do you suggest using a large maxdepth lets say 1000 or more ?

Your cpu would handle it easily

grandaevus:
grandeavus , wouldn't changing at "maxdepth" actually change the new coming patterns ?

Indicator should find more patterns than default maxDepth=55. Increasing "maxDepth" increaeses zigzag depth.

i have a quite fast processor and i only use MT4 on it so do you suggest using a large maxdepth lets say 1000 or more ?

Your cpu would handle it easily

but when setting mexdepth to a large number , won't that stop it from searching for the pattrents that are formed in smaller zigzag??

so do you suggest using the highest maxDepth possible ? or just average !

Reason: