Harmonic Trading - page 362

Hello grandaevus,

I've a question about your zup and trading mtf. Example: I trade GBPJPY in a 1H chart- settings in a zup indicator are correct maxdepth 55*24= 1320 and maxbartoD= 200. The indicator detects a bearish butterfly and alerts "found a bearish butterfly in H1 time frame" but the pattern is from D1 timefrime. I've check this directly in the D1 chart with standart settings. The indicator find the pattern in the higher time frame that's correct but the alert is wrong the butterfly is from D1 time frame.

But we have a further problem: The finded pattern blocking other pattern from H1 and H4 in this time because the trade can goes 1,2,3 or more days before the indicator draw a new leg.

Do you understand what I mean? Have you a solution or it's better trading from each chart H1; H4; D1?

Im waiting for your response- Many thanks

Regards

Markus

Hello guys, I'm testing ###ZUP_v113wsv43.mq4 and I noticed something. It doesn't have the box (EtxColorRangeForPointD) like ZUP_v135. Am I missing something? Is there a way to turn it on?

Markus1973:
Hello grandaevus,

I've a question about your zup and trading mtf. Example: I trade GBPJPY in a 1H chart- settings in a zup indicator are correct maxdepth 55*24= 1320 and maxbartoD= 200. The indicator detects a bearish butterfly and alerts "found a bearish butterfly in H1 time frame" but the pattern is from D1 timefrime. I've check this directly in the D1 chart with standart settings. The indicator find the pattern in the higher time frame that's correct but the alert is wrong the butterfly is from D1 time frame.

But we have a further problem: The finded pattern blocking other pattern from H1 and H4 in this time because the trade can goes 1,2,3 or more days before the indicator draw a new leg.

Do you understand what I mean? Have you a solution or it's better trading from each chart H1; H4; D1?

Im waiting for your response- Many thanks

Regards

Markus

do not pay to much attention what it writes about time frames. It's all about the extend the search capacity of zigzags. That's all.

You can do it in two ways.

First one. You can keep the default maxdepth=55 and open many charts in larger time frames, so you can catch every pattern from lower to high frames.

Second One. If you don't want to open too many charts, then you can increase the maxdepth value.

You can select DirectionOfSearchMaxMin=false, so indicator starts searching from minimum depth to maximum depth.

RyuShin:
Hello guys, I'm testing ###ZUP_v113wsv43.mq4 and I noticed something. It doesn't have the box (EtxColorRangeForPointD) like ZUP_v135. Am I missing something? Is there a way to turn it on?

extern bool RangeForPointD = true;

extern color ExtColorRangeForPointD = Red;

"ExtColorRangeForPointD = Red" setting is there. Could you please send a screenshot, so I can understand what you mean?

grandaevus:
Bar Open & Close times are not important for the indicator. It just looks at price action & fib retracement ratios. Indicator draws patterns when price enters the min D price < price D < max D price. Important Note: D Box pricie range depends on fib retracement deviations. Deviation decreases, accuracy increases but less patterns are found, Deviation increases, accuracy decreases, but more patterns are found.

Sorry I thought it was obvious, I'm talking about the time range not price, ie the red box is miles away from the current bar. This is not predicting emergence either that one should wait for the box as the price has already completed the pattern.

Regading the deviation, are you saying you use a smaller dev. than default of Poruchik/Nen?

thanks in advance for clearing this up, good trading

zigflip:
Sorry I thought it was obvious, I'm talking about the time range not price, ie the red box is miles away from the current bar. This is not predicting emergence either that one should wait for the box as the price has already completed the pattern.

Regading the deviation, are you saying you use a smaller dev. than default of Poruchik/Nen?

thanks in advance for clearing this up, good trading

I have to use something to draw D box. It's easy to calculate Min & Max Price since rules are clear but not for time.

For patterns where time is not an essential criteria in their pattern definitions, indicator only checks fib retracements. If retracements are met, indicator draw the pattern on chart in accordance with time settings written below.

For patterns like navarro 200 or perfect AB=CD patterns where time is an essential criteria in their pattern definitions, indicator checks both fib retracements and time.. If retracements and time are met, indicator draw the pattern on chart in accordance with time settings written below.

Latest Time Setting Rules

For 6 dot Patterns:

5-0 Pattern

Min D = 0.618 AB = CD

Max D = 1.618 AB = CD

3 Drives Pattern

Min D = 0.618 OX = CD

Max D = 1.618 OX = CD

For 5 dot Patterns:

Classical Patterns & Leonardo Pattern

Min D = 0.618 XB = BD

Max D = 1.618 XB = BD

Navarro 200 Pattern

Min D = 1.000 XB = BD

Max D = 1.000 XB = BD

For 4 dot Patterns:

Real AB=CD Pattern

Min D = 1.000 AB = CD

Max D = 1.000 AB = CD

For Deviations

I use

FibonacciDeviation = 0.05;

LegLengthDeviation = 0.05;

TimeDeviation = 0.10;

In none modified original zup, nen uses:

ExtDeltaGartley = 0.09;

ExtDeltaStrongGartley = 0.07;

These are used for fibonacci deviations. No deviation settings for leg length and time.

I have to use something to draw D box. It's easy to calculate Min & Max Price since rules are clear but not for time.

For patterns where time is not an essential criteria in their pattern definitions, indicator only checks fib retracements. If retracements are met, indicator draw the pattern on chart in accordance with time settings written below.

For patterns like navarro 200 or perfect AB=CD patterns where time is an essential criteria in their pattern definitions, indicator checks both fib retracements and time.. If retracements and time are met, indicator draw the pattern on chart in accordance with time settings written below.

I've decided to change D Box drawing style.

No need to invent time rules for time independent patterns except navarro 200, perfect AB=CD & perfect Gartley.

I'll use horizontal lines instead of rectangles to draw D Box Area for classical patterns & others.

Rectangle will be used for Navarro 200 , perfect AB=CD & perfect Gartley patterns

Old Drawing D Box style = rectangle

New Drawing D Box style = horizontal lines

Files:

Thank you for dealing with me grandaevus. These screenshots show you what I mean.

I am so sorry grandeavus, it's not ###ZUP_v113wsv43, it's ###ZUP_v113grandeavus.

poruchik:
Back to future-2

Hi, I just downloaded this expert advisor on my meta4. I have some questions:

Q1. Even though there is no text showing what pattern is form, There are prices indicated for the range of the price D. Should the range of prices D be valid only when text pop up showing a particular pattern?

Reason: