mt5 strategy tester ticks - page 8

Ubzen:

Does the history require fixing? Is the m1_data provided now bad?

Fix as in keeping constant not as in repairing it ;-)

RaptorUK: Fix as in keeping constant not as in repairing it ;-)
Disconnect the terminal using bogus proxy keeps it constant. Does it not?

Ubzen:
Disconnect the terminal using bogus proxy keeps it constant. Does it not?
Very possibly,  just tried that for the first time yesterday.  Need to understand which files to backup and the consequences of copying older files back into the terminal and if it's possible to copy the history from a different Broker.  I'll do some testing . . .

RaptorUK: Very possibly,  just tried that for the first time yesterday.  Need to understand which files to backup and the consequences of copying older files back into the terminal and if it's possible to copy the history from a different Broker.  I'll do some testing . . .

If it works, try convincing Dukascopy to provide a mt5-data-server ;-))))

Lord knows you have a better chance of that than Mq providing Import

Ubzen:

If it works, try convincing Dukascopy to provide a mt5-data-server ;-))))

Lord knows you have a better chance of that than Mq providing Import. 

I much prefer my own local History data server.  ;-)

RaptorUK: I much prefer my own local History data server.  ;-)
Isn't your marvelous 5_billion years historical tick_data based on Duka's? ;-)

Ubzen:
Isn't your marvelous 5_billion years historical tick_data based on Duka's? ;-)

I have a few years of Dukascopy data for 14 instruments and a few years of Pepperstone data for 5 instruments.  Even if Dukascopy had a history data server it would only serve up M1 data  ;-)

I haven't used my tick data in quite some time . . . I didn't have an immediate need so I didn't pay the $100 price for the 3rd party app for MT4 although I did try a demo.  If I ever get a strategy sorted based on tick data I will code and test it on MT4 and then port it to MT5 if I need to.  

RaptorUK: I have a few years of Dukascopy data for 14 instruments and a few years of Pepperstone data for 5 instruments.  Even if Dukascopy had a history data server it would only serve up M1 data  ;-)

I haven't used my tick data in quite some time . . . I didn't have an immediate need so I didn't pay the $100 price for the 3rd party app for MT4 although I did try a demo.  If I ever get a strategy sorted based on tick data I will code and test it on MT4 and then port it to MT5 if I need to.  

Yeah, figure you didn't pay for that thing yet. Taught perhaps it's a trust issue with [mt5-default data] vs [dukascopy-data]. Anyways the above give me an idea for people just wanting to Import Custom Period_M1 data into mt5. This person could setup a mt5-data-server [kinda like a broker]. Please don't ask me for details like cost. Like I said just an Idea lol.

Ubzen:
Thank you for the clarification. I totally agree about reverse-engineering.

Hello MQL5 community,

Has anyone else encountered numbers like these when running strategies in the tester? -1.000000000006551e-005 and 1.000000000006551e-005 (yep, that's eleven zeros). It must be a specific double format type but what double format type, hmm?

Also, I'm reading MQL5 documentation like yeah, ok, ok, standard int data type has a min value of -2 147 483 648 and a max value of 2 147 483 647 then yes, of course there's the unsigned int data type with a min value of 0 and a max value of 4 294 967 295 BUT ;) there's no int data type with a min value of minus -4 294 967 295 and a max value of 0. I'd a thought there would be an int data type having these min and max values but it is what it is. The previous statement might also apply to additional data types.

Thank you

Reason: