General - page 1636

Hey folks, My name is Steve and I'm fairly new to Forex trading ...I have been interested in it since 2005. It started when I was working as a Project Mgr. in San Francisco, CA. An employee of mine put his 2 weeks notice in to me prior to his departure. I assumed that he had found a better position
Request MQL4 API ObjectShow( string name); Action: perform Object List "Show" function, frame (locate) desired object in chart I have many clients that use MT4 both as an analysis platform and a trade debrief platform. I have created a script that allows windows of a Symbol() to be synced to the...
Hello, I was wondering if you'd be able to add the ability to customize the way the platform looks. No offense to your software, it is absolutely wonderful, but after reviewing a few other platforms, I have noticed they offer the ability to customize or add different themes to the display. For...
In the following attached file, it uses only 1 buffer for the dotted line, the arrows are drawn from object. How can I call pickup the arrows in the icustom statement?
Hi Everyone, I have a scenario and wondering if getting involved with a Forex firm would help out. If so, I also have some general questions. Please take a look and tell me how I could do this much better.... Scenario today: I went to a US Wells Fargo today and wanted to wire transfer about 62,000...
Hello everyone, Would anyone know of a code snippet that will keep my EA from trading on the first Friday of every month? I know I can just turn it off, but I would like to backtest it and see if it makes a difference. Thanks guys, Matt
  Ideas  (3)
First of all thanks for the greatest trader tool ever invented. Here's a few ideas to improve it: -When sorting by columns in the optimization results list, maybe it could also change the heat map to focus on that data i.e. sorting the oprimization results list by drawdown changes the heatmap to...
I wrote this indicator to show the difference of a price channel. A price channel is the highest high and lowest low for a time period. The idea behind this indicator is that when the difference gets smaller, the higher the chance for a breakout to one side or the other. Also, the smaller the...
Here are a few observations for the strategy report: 1) It seems to me that when I specify a date range for the strategy test, this range is not on the report but the data range is repeated. 2) The sharpe ratio would really be nice as this is probably one of the better ways of evaluating real...
Hi, I have the attached indicators but they seem to have a bug in them. What I want to do is have the indicator place an arrow / icon when double bars occur. Double top or double bottom and it would be nice if I had an option of double close as well. The indi places an arrow on SOME double bars but
I installed build 220 on my home Vista machine, no problems. I then tried the install on my Windows server 2003 machine and its crashes and says:- An internal exceptions has occured, Please contact support@oreans.com Thanks you! Have any of you guys even tested this on Win Server 2003
  Candles Question  (1)
What does the candle OHLC represent? Is it the OHLC for the Bid or the Ask price?
It is the link to RentaSignal Service Website: Rentasignal | Rent a Signal Webdesign may be changed but main home page looks like the following: [attach]78475[/attach] We can use menu to go to see the signals: [attach]78474[/attach] Commercial signals: [attach]78472[/attach] Or free signals:...
Hi, During the past 6 months or so, I've been looking for a simple and profitable trading system. I don't want to make millions, just a decent income. After trying tons of different methods, I came to think that one of the most interesting approach is using a multiple timeframe analysis. The one I...
Hi all, I'm successfully running MIG's MT4 build 208 on Virtual PC (Win XP Professional SP3) on my PowerBook G4. It actually runs very well indeed. And all of my EAs run fine when compiled on build 208 and run on a real PC with build 220. The reason that I am running build 208 is that terminal...
  EUR/USD scalping EA  (13   1 2)
To all, Hopefully someone can help here. I'am trying to create an expert advisor to trade the EUR/USD on a 1m chart. Below are the trading rules: Buy Orders: Buy order is triggered when the close of the 1M bar is above the 13 bar MA. Sell the position when the close of the 1M bar is below the 13 bar...
Hi there I need some help with entering trade halfway thru the trend. Is there any indicator that would allow you to enter half way thru the trend or re enter or the best late entry? Sometimes, I missed the initial entry signal, and donot dare to enter without any confirmation from another indicator...
How can I get flipped upside down charts on MT4? Can MQL do it? If so, could anyone suggest how to do it? I would appreciate any ideas and responses!
  FX Simple Signals  (99   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
Hello, I have copied this from the RAS website. I hope it will be of some help to you. I have setup these signals on a personal account I trade manually. My initial investment is $30,000. You can be sure these trades will never be left alone as some EA's are. I do have 2 EA's giving out separate...
I am sure that this topic has been discussed here before, but I have been giving this question some serious thought recently. Ideally of course the best trading systems will use both mechanical and discretionary element. But from the point of view of a newbie, what is the best way to start trading...
naked capitalism: Veneroso: Japan on the Edge of the Abyss THERE HAS NEVER BEEN DATA THIS BAD FOR ANY MAJOR ECONOMY – EVEN IN THE GREAT DEPRESSION. December industrial production came in down 9.6%, worse than the METI forecast. It is now down almost 21% year over year. METI forecasts a further 4.7%...
Can anyone tell me the code line for icustom for the following indicator. It does not use buffers for the arrows so how do I use it in an EA?
Hi all, I have an indicator which I use and I am wondering if anyone could help create an EA based on this indicator or anyone could show me where I could go and learn easily how to create an EA based on this one indicator? Regards
Hi fellow traders and coders... It appears that this is a possible new discussion thread, so maybe we can consolidte many coding tools and ideas in one place. Also, this is my first post of this type, and I hope it comes out alright in terms of the formatting... I have tried my best, and we...
After hours spended to debug a code, I finally found this bug : int I = 2; double D = (I - 1) / I; Print("D = ", DoubleToStr(D, 8)); Result is 0.000000 (its really 0, as 1/D returns a zerodivide error) So, please, what is wrong ?? MT4 build 220, Vista 64 Thank you very...
I've encountered a very strange problem, which I have absolutely no idea of how to solve. two integer values won't be divided! I've set up a custom indicator, and the buffer plots on the chart. What I want to do is to get a smoothing value, and assign this to a variable (1/length). BUT, when I try...
New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 220 has been released. What’s new: Fixed error of event sound play.Fixed a number of errors resulting in terminal failure.Fixed misprint in the Italian interface.Tester: Fixed activation of Take Profit levels.Tester: Improved reference point modeling.Tester:...
Hi, When I first enter the winsor direct 4, I add the high/low labels for the symbols and I create some charts, when I close the program and restart the program again everything I did is gone, so I have to add the high and low again and so on. so what should I do? Thanks
[Deleted]
Pick your team... I take Arizona..It will be awesome if they win...Goooo....Arizona..Pound Em'..You can do it Fellah's ...you have a great coach and he has prepared you for this day from the Get-Go. ES