General - page 1612

Friends I am in search for an EA for limit order (buy/sell) with trailing stop, sl and tp function. The trailing stop should put a stop at breakeven point when the trade reaches 10 pips in profit and thereafter at a fixed percentage of the profit for every 10 or 15 pips profit movement. Very...
I like this expert advisors but need to know what is the best way to use. Should I have any indicators along with this? Should change some settings within the file to make it run better. Any help would be great.
Does anybody know how to add Accumulation Swing Index indicator on MT4?
Does anyone know how to program an alert when a stochastic reaches say 95 or 100
With my three years of FX experience I still have very little idea how forex technically operates. As I grow better in trading (and I do, no kidding ), I realize that "TA signal based" systems are not so far away from roulette and that systems based on the actual nature of price, like volatility,...
The general fix for EAs migrating from 4 to 5 is to multiply any quantity that's expressed in pips by 10. While this works, isn't that the objective of the Point function, to remove the exact decimal translation from the programmer's responsibility? If so, why doesn't it operate correctly? In...
[Deleted]
I'm making an expert advisor that tries to open a position as close to the end of the 1-hour bar as possible (within seconds or, even better, milliseconds). How do you suggest I accomplish this?
Hi! I tried running two separate instances of MetaTrader, and getting the DDE supplied data into an excel spreadsheet , but, unfortunately I ran into a nasty problem. The problem is that both instances register the same DDE name: "MT4", and excel cannot distinguish between them. It seems that I can
I do not want to reinvent the wheel. I am looking for a spreadsheet to calculate profit/loss/pips/... for my trades. I was hoping to be able to copy and paste and be done with it. Has anyone seen anything like ths?
Is there any way to do this MetaTrader? If not, where can I go to download this info. Any free sites. If not, I'll pay if I have to. Must be the "DAILY" open, high, low, close data. Thanks.
Dear all, I want to have my Excel spreadsheet automatically calculate and update pivot points (pivot, support and resistance levels) for me on daily basis using the data from MT4. What command do I have to use in order to pull the previous day data (high, low and close prices) from MT4 into the...
Hey guys, Can someone tell me how I can have information such as my account balance, account equity, margin etc in Excel from my MT4 trading account? Thanks.
Can anyone help? I know how to link MT4 DDE to Excel, but I want to make the next OHLC prices drop into the next cell each 5 minutes, so that the column grows downwards/longer with each input.
I have imported OHLC to excel, how do I update them automatically, is it possible? Please advise. Thanks. Mukesh
Some real nifty ideas: I have some ideas that you might consider adding to the platform down the road, after 4.0 is ready. I do really like the new features you’ve added to 4.0 that 3.83 did not have. Nice work. TERRIFIC IDEA FOR VERSION 4.1. (I realize it’s a little late in the design...
Hello: Could someone tell me how to automatically import MT-4 data (using DDE Server) into excel. Each day I would like import the 5:00 PM ET "Opening" Price (which I believe would be the 21:00 open in the MetaQuotes version of MetaTrader) for the following currency pairs: EUR/USD, GBP/USD, AUD/USD...
Hi, My excel DDE is working fine for currency quotes such as EURUSD, but when it come to stocks with symbols "#AAPL", I cannot put this into Excel formula. I believe the sign "#" is prohibited in Excel's formula. Is there anyway around it? Thanks! Louis
Could someone tell me how to automatically import current prices into an excel spreadsheet. I would like the excel spreadsheet to automatically update with current currency pair prices each time I open it. Certain cells would be designated for a particular currency pair and each time I open excel,...
How accurate are the Signals from RAS executed in your subscriber accounts? Janus
Just starting this thread. Don't know where it will go. I am running a demo on several currency pairs using two EA's. An analysis of the past two weeks indicate to me that after a number of positive trade along comes a stop loss that wipes all or most of the profit out. I have also noted, on the...
Post-Lehman World Will Mean W-Shaped Recoveries: William Pesek - Bloomberg.com June 11 (Bloomberg) -- You can see it in the body language when speaking with Japanese officials. It’s a kind of physical resignation that, well, here we go again: deflation, negligible growth, political maneuvering....
[Deleted]
This is my private opinion and I have a simple right to say it, hehe. Why? I made great contribution here. It is good forum, full of indicators posted. But if anyone wants to recieved help ......help is very small. I am on several forums at once. This is my feelings from here. Please do not answer...
  JS_System_2  (2)
Any one help optimisated this EA JS_SISTEM_2 - MQL4 Code Base
HELLO EVERYONE I FOUND OUT A STRATEGIES ON ALL CURRENCY AND I NEED YOU TO MAKE THE EA FOR ME CHECK THIS OUT... 1 MA_Period= 2 MA_shift= -5 MA_Method= 3 (YELLOW) 2 MA settings MA_Period= 4 MA_shift= -5 MA_Method= 3 (RED) 3 MA settings MA_Period= 200 MA_shift= 0 MA_Method= 0 (COLOUR TEAL) SIGNAL...
  Don't give up!  (1)
Hello, I just wanted to say.. it's the trader, not the system. You probably have an EA on your computer right now that can be used profitably. The key is to understand what you're doing, & why. Know your niche. Here is my real$ account, started May 13, 2009 trading a high frequency automated system...
[Deleted]
hello, i know there are several program that save ascii data file, e.g. .csv .txt .prn. how do i change year format, for example, year 2009 to 1999? year is only thing i concern. i want date and time not changed at all. THANK YOU.
Assuming that there is no spread and no slippage, an adequately long series of random trades, i.e buy 1 lot at today, sell one lot tomorrow, buy one lot the next day, will result in 0 change and a 50%/50% win/loss ratio. Correct? If so, I can employ a stoploss that cuts some of that loss. So my...
I have been trying for the longest time to get an email sent when my alert goes off. I got the coding correct but not MT4 will not allow the email to be sent. Configured the settings to exactly what they are supposed to be and says that login to (sever) failed. A few months ago, these same settings...
  Coding paintbars  (1)
Hello, Am new to FX but have been trading stocks for years. I use Stockfinder for my stocks and have a simple pullback system that I would like to have in Metatrader if someone would be so kind to code for me. It is very simple ... Two simple moving averages 5 and 13 The basic bar color is white If...
Hi folks, Does anyone know of an indicator that will draw trendlines on the chart? What I am looking for is, a indicator that will draw trendlines on multi-time frame charts, on when 3 or more candles/bars line up. Can anyone help? Thanks EvilFootWare