General - page 1609

Post-Lehman World Will Mean W-Shaped Recoveries: William Pesek - Bloomberg.com June 11 (Bloomberg) -- You can see it in the body language when speaking with Japanese officials. It’s a kind of physical resignation that, well, here we go again: deflation, negligible growth, political maneuvering....
[Deleted]
This is my private opinion and I have a simple right to say it, hehe. Why? I made great contribution here. It is good forum, full of indicators posted. But if anyone wants to recieved help ......help is very small. I am on several forums at once. This is my feelings from here. Please do not answer...
  JS_System_2  (2)
Any one help optimisated this EA JS_SISTEM_2 - MQL4 Code Base
HELLO EVERYONE I FOUND OUT A STRATEGIES ON ALL CURRENCY AND I NEED YOU TO MAKE THE EA FOR ME CHECK THIS OUT... 1 MA_Period= 2 MA_shift= -5 MA_Method= 3 (YELLOW) 2 MA settings MA_Period= 4 MA_shift= -5 MA_Method= 3 (RED) 3 MA settings MA_Period= 200 MA_shift= 0 MA_Method= 0 (COLOUR TEAL) SIGNAL...
  Don't give up!  (1)
Hello, I just wanted to say.. it's the trader, not the system. You probably have an EA on your computer right now that can be used profitably. The key is to understand what you're doing, & why. Know your niche. Here is my real$ account, started May 13, 2009 trading a high frequency automated system...
[Deleted]
hello, i know there are several program that save ascii data file, e.g. .csv .txt .prn. how do i change year format, for example, year 2009 to 1999? year is only thing i concern. i want date and time not changed at all. THANK YOU.
Assuming that there is no spread and no slippage, an adequately long series of random trades, i.e buy 1 lot at today, sell one lot tomorrow, buy one lot the next day, will result in 0 change and a 50%/50% win/loss ratio. Correct? If so, I can employ a stoploss that cuts some of that loss. So my...
I have been trying for the longest time to get an email sent when my alert goes off. I got the coding correct but not MT4 will not allow the email to be sent. Configured the settings to exactly what they are supposed to be and says that login to (sever) failed. A few months ago, these same settings...
  Coding paintbars  (1)
Hello, Am new to FX but have been trading stocks for years. I use Stockfinder for my stocks and have a simple pullback system that I would like to have in Metatrader if someone would be so kind to code for me. It is very simple ... Two simple moving averages 5 and 13 The basic bar color is white If...
Hi folks, Does anyone know of an indicator that will draw trendlines on the chart? What I am looking for is, a indicator that will draw trendlines on multi-time frame charts, on when 3 or more candles/bars line up. Can anyone help? Thanks EvilFootWare
WASHINGTON -- U.S. House lawmakers on Tuesday said they would file a subpoena to compel the Federal Reserve to turn over internal notes and emails detailing the central bank's role in encouraging Bank of America Corp. to complete its acquisition of Merrill Lynch & Co. The House Committee on...
  Realistic Winning Pips  (14   1 2)
Using a Daily chart, (no intraday intervention) and without the bullsh_t. How many pips on average per month can people win using one pair, say GBP/JPY?
Can an EA send an email attachment? Possibly with the SendMail function? Thanks very much.
Hi, Does anyone know why i would get : (Tester : exchange rate cannot be calculated mx4) and (Tester: margin exchange rate cannot be calculated)on certain pairs? I googled and searched the forum but i can't find anything. Can i remove part of a code that checks for this, and if so which part would
I am a new trader and using Meta Trader for the first time. What causes a trade to close unexpectedly? I buy 1 contract of usdchf at 2009.06.03 15:30 for 1.0686, S/L = 1.0649, T/P = 1.0731. At 2009.06.03 15:30 the trade closed at 1.0683. I tried it again at 2009.06.03 15:33 for 1.0681, S/L = 1...
  ATR Bound EA  (12   1 2)
So I have been trading for a few years now and finally decided to give a shot at developing my own EA. I have taken some lessons post around various forums and have done some VBA in the past, but know on my own I will have a lot of trouble coding my first EA. I was hoping that I could get assistance...
[Deleted]
what does this error mean? how can I fix it? anyone has experience with this?
LUXEMBOURG -- The European Central Bank expects further financial-sector weakness could help keep the euro-zone economy from expanding before the middle of next year, a top policy maker said in an interview. ECB officials believe the euro-zone recession could weaken the 16-nation bloc's strained...
  daily charts  (1)
hey guys! i'm facing this problem for a long time, but i really want to do something about it. the market opens at 23.00, right? so on daily charts i'll get every week a small bar compared to the others. besides that, due to the same thing, i'll get 6 daily bars in a week instead of only five. i...
Hi I have a sipmle question: What's the maximum number of EAs allowed on one platform? I mean how it will affect the performance and fast execution? By now, I'm using 7 EAs on one platform, is it reasonable or suicide?! I appreciate you all who will help me. tnx
Hi bro, sis, and master coder, Please help me to build buy and sell signal indicator with the following simple rule 1. Buy if there is pattern of close 1 > close 2 < close 3 2. Sell if there is pattern of close 1 close. The signal should be put in the below or upper following candle as arrow...
Hello all, Does anyone know how to code an alert for the awesome oscillator indicator? When it crosses zero upwards a pop up alerts a buy and when it crosses below zero a pop alerts a sell for the pair charted. Any help would be much appreciated.
Wells Fargo & Co. and Bank of America Corp. agreed Monday to settle claims that employees misled investors about the value and safety of certain securities during the financial crisis. Wells's Boston-based mutual fund Evergreen Investment Management Co. agreed along with its brokerage unit to pay...
When you play roulette the ball can go Red or Black, there's no way to know ecxactly where it's gonna go. Even if the ball fell 15 times in a row on red, it doesn't mean that the next time there's more chances of it going black, there's alway 50% chances of it going either way. Indicators are based...
Today's Futures Analysis summary The right combination of fundamental and technical factors helped the U.S. Dollar surge to one-week highs against most major currencies last week. The strong close in the Dollar may lead to follow-through buying this week while putting pressure on the major...
Today's Forex Analysis summary. The lack of major economic reports encouraged Forex investors to take a look at the technical factors and a few of the news stories on Monday. Last week the EUR USD, GBP USD, USD CHF, NZD USD, USD CAD and AUD USD all posted weekly closing price reversals...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am try to convert Turbo_JMA to vb.net code , it works but results differ.. NOTE: USING Yahoo SPY data in both cases and same time length of 14. my vb.net code..in text file I get the blue line in image1 (vb.net code above), yet it should look like image2 (MT4 code attached). You can see that...
  ForexEdge Trades... GBP/USD  (22   1 2 3)
On this forum I will be posting my trades, as i enter them... All which will be entered on GBP/USD So i will keep everyone posted on my activities... -Rudy
Whenever I try to pick an object via the object list, the MT4platform freezes up and I have to use Task Manager to end theprocess/programme. Meanwhile I lose any changes I made prior to thisand have to start over again. I have tried to 1) delete terminal.inifile ( as suggested on another forum) and...
[Deleted]
Companies that rely on their data for day-to-day operations know how important uptime is. If the ability to access their data goes away then they stand to lose big money. Due to this fact, companies that rely on their data in this way utilize methods known as fault tolerance, redundancy and...