General - page 1089

Currency investors should consider selling NZD/USD this week, advises Morgan Stanley in its weekly FX pick to clients. MS' rationale is as follows: "In the stronger USD environment, the NZD would end up weakening the most. It is not all about the USD though, New Zealand economic data continue to...
Someone know other programs than excel to make data analysis? ( not hard to use if posibble) I am happy with excel but is always better having more options. Thanks.
Is it possible to find the .mq5 files of built-in indicators? If so, in which folder are they?
Hello, from time to time we got errors with numbers only but without error description! so, Is there any list of ALL the mql meta trader errors???? Thanks :)
USD EUR JPY AUD NZD GBP CAD CHF NOK I DO NOT TRUST CURRENCIES... I TRUST REAL MONEY: GOLD AND SILVER!!!
Hello MetaQuotes, Just as in the topic - how can I declare a pure virtual function in MQL5? I would like to use this mechanism to create interfaces or implement some design patterns. Normally in C++ I would write: virtual void Foo() = 0; But the MQL5 compiler doesn't accept it. Should I just write:...
Hello, i want to know why metatrader not save my charts... For example, if i change from H1 to H4... and make some trendlines, when i close and open again, its not save... Im trading 18 pairs at moment, everytime when i close, some charts not save and i need to load again the template..
Just trade those 5 pips full risk Trade them and keep trading because you have nothing more important to do There are never sure pips!
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ #property copyright "OK" #property link "http://OK" #property version "1.00" #property indicator_separate_window #property indicator_buffers 4 #property indicator_plots 4 //--- plot Longline #property...
Hi, when I try to subscribe to a signal I get the error message described in the subject. Any ideas to prevent this? The strange thing is, that I was subscribed to this signal for months but unfortunatekly I just missed the renew period. any ideas? best regards, Christoph
  How to pay taxes on forex  (78   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
Hello, I've been wondering how to pay my taxes properly. The main options are 2: 1) as an individual 13% 2) To open an IE (STS, type of taxation "income") and pay 6%. If you are a natural person, everything is more or less clear. 13% without any variations. I am already a sole proprietorship USN 6%
  problems  (1)
My platform opens with current pricing but i have no control over sl and tp levels. order tab does not work? any help
No doubt, many of us are scared of forex due to the enormous risk involved. Others are willing and ready to work hard to achieve success in this market. This is why only a few succeeds. What if you don?t have the brain or time to consume the Forex knowledge? Well, you can still make money here! You...
No doubt, many of us are scared of forex due to the enormous risk involved. Others are willing and ready to work hard to achieve success in this market. This is why only a few succeeds. What if you don?t have the brain or time to consume the Forex knowledge? Well, you can still make money here! You...
  Backtest  (3)
Hi,   Please could someone please inform me on how to backtest an EA for more than a year? The two brokers i tried only go back 6 months i don't know how people backtest for longer times.   thanks in advance. 
Dear Team, While running the Back Test for an EA, the space on my C:\ drive got filled up. Please, how do I reclaim the spaces eaten up during this process? Thanks,
i'm having a problem with format of price... please, help me...
[Deleted]
Hello and Good Day, I am in need of an Equity management EA which simply does this: Equity Take profit and equity stop loss in account currency as the condition. Condition met, upon closure should close all live and pending orders. It should be symbol specific, that is must control only the equity...
  BlackBerry  (3)
Will you be developing a client for the BlackBerry??
My Thai spouse is being told that he cannot send money abroad to his Forex account in Australia without government permission? Does anybody have this experience? Does anybody know of registered FOREX retail brokers in Thailand that where we can trade accounts with MT4? We don't have to send money...
By Boris Schlossberg In one of the best investment columns written this year titled "How to Make Volatility Your B-" Josh Brown goes through the step by step process of dollar cost averaging demonstrating why it is the single greatest investment strategy ever created. Brown shows how consistent and
[Deleted]
What's with the inconsistent tick value for XAU/USD (GOLD) depending on the broker? E.g. MetaQuotes XAUUSD has a tick value of 1, which is just the way I like it. But Admiral Market's GOLD has a tick value of 0.1. Also, what do you regard as 1 pip for XAUUSD, 0.1 or 0.01? Some sites like...
Dear Guys, I have Indicator that give multi-timeframe MACD signal. I wrote same code into EA but MACD value show 0 in previous timeframe. I attach both indicator and EA on M15 chart. Indicator give MACD value of M1 perfectly but EA not give MACD value of M1. it happens only in backtester...
  New to MQL 5  (2)
As I have just some C background, I'm planning to study only API functions of Metatrader. Should I also know about the standard library? Is there anything which I can do it with the standard library but not with the API functions?
What is the difference between ArrayIsSeries() and ArrayGetAsSeries()? When I checked an array, for example high[] array in the OnCalculate(), one of them is saying true and one of them is saying false ... and I can not figure out the difference between them from the documentation. Any help? Thanks
  The Dragon  (2)
Why is GBPJPY commonly called 'the dragon'?
Did any one tried to use W.D. Gann Square of nine cycles i will show you how the prices reacted with the W.D. Gann cycles> In this chart the dotted horizontal line is the 90 degrees cycles and the solid one is the full cycle. theses cycles calculated on the 1.40785 bottom and it has finished its...
One of the big problems Janet Yellen has had in recent weeks is that she, and the Fed in general, are running out of excuses not to hike rates. Sure, they can delay rate hikes or outright cancel them, but that would suggest three things: that the Fed's rate hike cycle was an error,that the US...
Hello. All of a sudden today I get the above error message on MT4. After running an MQL4 signal for five days on a real account, this error popped up. I am getting it on my real MT4 account and on demo accounts (using the same MQL5.community account; two different brokers). When I reboot my...