VPS

What's everyone doing for running multiple MT5 terminals on a virtual Private server 
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
The fastest VPS server for forex trading from the MetaTrader 4/5 terminal developers

Bailey John Wickens: What is known to be the best VPS provider that have low latency, 100% uptime etc etc.
Discussions of 3rd party VPS are not allowed on the forum. You will have to do your own research.

Bailey John Wickens: Also what GB of RAM should i be looking to get when runnning multiple MT5's.

That is highly dependant on various factors, like you EA's efficiency, how much history data needs to be available on the chart, etc. Test it on your computer to get an estimate.

Fernando Carreiro #:
Discussions of 3rd party VPS are not allowed on the forum. You will have to do your own research.

okay thankyou I understand. I will delete discussion 

Hello peeps!
Had a question about the VPS. Went live on the funded account today and this seems to be the best ping I can get using a VPS is about 43.73 ms. Even went on the MQL website and tried to change the server but this is the best option I am getting. Prior to this when I was on a challenge account with the prop fund I got 2-3 ms for both Phase 1 and 2. Why has it gone up so drastically from 2-3 ms to 43 ms. Makes it difficult to trade especially since I trade on the 5 minute timeframe. Pictures attached for reference. Please help as it’s defeated the purpose of the VPS. Thank you

H0tChocolate #:
Hello peeps!
Had a question about the VPS. Went live on the funded account today and this seems to be the best ping I can get using a VPS is about 43.73 ms. Even went on the MQL website and tried to change the server but this is the best option I am getting. Prior to this when I was on a challenge account with the prop fund I got 2-3 ms for both Phase 1 and 2. Why has it gone up so drastically from 2-3 ms to 43 ms. Makes it difficult to trade especially since I trade on the 5 minute timeframe. Pictures attached for reference. Please help as it’s defeated the purpose of the VPS. Thank you

Try again choosing another MQL5 VP server, if your broker server is located in Europe, it makes more sense to select a European VP server.

MQL5 VPS has servers in Europe, probably the system was stuck or something and was showing Hong Kong as your best choice at the time.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Try again choosing another MQL5 VP server, if your broker server is located in Europe, it makes more sense to select a European VP server.

MQL5 VPS has servers in Europe, probably the system was stuck or something and was showing Hong Kong as your best choice at the time.

Hi Eleni,

HK is still showing up as the best option and the best ping available now is 43.73 ms. Even tried a London server, still nothing. Spoke to the prop fund. They want me to try a Tokyo location but I'm not getting an option to select Tokyo. Every other location is above 100 ms. This has me absolutely baffled

H0tChocolate #:
Hi Eleni,

HK is still showing up as the best option and the best ping available now is 43.73 ms. Even tried a London server, still nothing. Spoke to the prop fund. They want me to try a Tokyo location but I'm not getting an option to select Tokyo. Every other location is above 100 ms. This has me absolutely baffled

I've done some research and it seems that your broker's servers are located in Tokyo, that's why it gives you a Hong Kong server as the best option.

I guess MQL5 VPS doesn't offer Tokyo servers and all other choices are much worse (Europe or New York).

Is it true that using a VPS reduces slippage? How many MT4 accounts can I operate on my VPS?"

Jarvis89 #:
Is it true that using a VPS reduces slippage? How many MT4 accounts can I operate on my VPS?"

Yes, the use of VPS increases trade execution speed and decreases slippage.

In MQL5 VPS you can only migrate one trading account and its trading environment (up to 32 charts with their EAs & indicators attached to them) to it.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

I've done some research and it seems that your broker's servers are located in Tokyo, that's why it gives you a Hong Kong server as the best option.

I guess MQL5 VPS doesn't offer Tokyo servers and all other choices are much worse (Europe or New York).

My mate is with the same EightCapEU-Live broker and live down the block from me but he is getting 2.5 ms. We are both using the same prop fund as well. Maybe there is an issue with the VPS I repurchased?

Reason: