MTS = profit FALSE ||TRUE

I have been studying FOREX for a number of years now, and I have not come to a single opinion about it. I probably started like everyone else, with a free training course in a brokerage centre, then dozens of books by "great" maestros, articles by smart people, etc. But the curious thing is that all that is so beautiful and believable in theory, in practice absolutely does not want to work:
- When you look at the chart, you cannot see any indicator for several hours ahead.
- I don't even want to say nothing about "the basics", it's like trying to outrun a fighter jet with a turtle.
- A separate place is occupied by graphic analysis, and FIBA.
At first it gave me some credibility, but let's make a little experiment.
Take a pencil and a blank piece of paper, close your eyes and draw the imaginary currency rates you see on your monitors every day. Take a ruler and you can draw resistance lines and support lines and channels and other shapes, and even FIBA will work in some places.
interesting, right?
But you draw with your eyes closed and do not base your drawing on graphical analysis.
You draw your own conclusions.

But this is so lyrical. Since relatively recently I started to study MQL, for a more professional approach.
Since the beginning I've observed some dependencies, which were always more effective than all classical analysis taken together. I've written several dozens of MTS and indicators, the last one is more for practical training, although I wrote an indicator that counts MA speed and acceleration (it's more informative).
For example, when I ran with the depo 10000 in 2000, it showed 115 million dollars, and that with a limited lot (with proportional to the hundred billion, the tester just hung up) then I'll post the state. But there is another peculiarity - the dependencies were not stable, they worked for some time, from several months to several years, and then changed their character or disappeared. But as a rule, the algorithm worked, but we just need to tune the system, optimize it for specific market parameters. Which are also constantly changing. Either the system should be adaptive (that is, self-adapting), but at present I don't have enough knowledge and it is unlikely that MQL will allow that.

I am just curious about something else. I know that in theory it is possible to create a really profitable MTS, but the story is one thing.
But the history is one thing, but who has been using real trading Expert Advisor for more than a year or even longer? Or is everyone here just looking for the "GRAIL"?
I'm not asking for codes or stats, just write the truth if possible.

About Understanding Forex is right. Everyone or almost everyone has their first encounter (a couple of free books with beautiful charts), then larger print works and trudishes.

And at the end you understand that you don't understand anything. By the way it is also a kind of phase in the knowledge of Forex, the phase of absolute pessimism about this worthless market that is not worthy of my attention.

But the fact that no one denies at this "pathetic" exchange they manage to earn on the same worthless indicators. HOW? This is another question........... not philosophical............... but quite concrete!

Mechanical systems work (some) and make a profit. Some of them are very profitable.

Take at least the autotrading championship.

You just have to reconfigure the MTS from time to time.

Kostay писал (а) >>

About Understanding Forex is right. Everyone or almost everyone has their first encounter (a couple of free books with beautiful charts), then larger print works and trudishes.

And at the end you understand that you don't understand anything. By the way it is also a kind of phase in the knowledge of Forex, the phase of absolute pessimism about this worthless market that is not worthy of my attention.

But the fact that no one denies at this "pathetic" exchange they manage to earn on the same worthless indicators. HOW? This is another question........... not philosophical............... but quite concrete!

Mechanical systems work (some) and make a profit. Some of them are very profitable.

Take at least the autotrading championships.

>> Yes, the championship is an indicator, but how the MTS will work for longer periods, and then about a dozen came to the finish line, and how many perfectly optimized in the history of the MTS went bust in the early days?

DrShumiloff писал (а) >>
You just need to reconfigure the MTS from time to time.

i'm inclined to it too, just an interesting feature when running the balance goes in waves, periods of up and down, and in the picture visually i can not determine the reason why the trader either trades correctly or not. otherwise you could just exclude unfavourable areas or look for only suitable ones for all pairs

This is what I'm talking about. there are only a few people working (or at least not leaking to MTS), and there are even LESS of them who are really making money!!!!!! I hope you will not argue with that.

I do not have such an MTS, but I am striving for it.

I have no such MTS, but I am striving for it. What I have to do is to first make profitable manual trades. If you do not know what to make a supervisor out of!

I have been trading with EAs since January 2006, i.e. over 2 years. At the moment I have 4 real accounts under management (small amounts). I'll say this about my success: I don't lose...

olltrad писал (а) >>

the balance comes in waves during the run, periods of up and down

That's because the patterns you found are unstable. Look for stable patterns... There are...

olltrad писал (а) >>

yes the championship is an indicator, but how will MTS perform over longer periods, and then about a dozen came to the finish line, and how many perfectly optimised ones on MTS history have gone bust in the first days?

The Championship, of course, is a good indicator but of what? If we set 603 monkeys at terminals and start trading just the way they want. How many of them will finish with a positive result? And what is the probability that one of the monkeys will "earn" 1000%?

Kostay писал (а) >>

In order to make an MTS, you have to trade profitably manually first. I have recently communicated with a trader who does not use indicators and trades manually.

I tried to explain his decision-making criteria in such a way that I could describe MQL, he couldn't explain them. They were just vague asociative forms that sometimes were not even logical and unclassifiable, sometimes based on emotions, hearsay and even luck.

timbo писал (а) >>

If you put 603 monkeys at the terminals...

What an opinion you have of programmers, though :)

Reason: