What size deposit is acceptable for work.

The risk limit on a trade is set by a stop-loss, or so we used to think.

The generally accepted rules are the risk per trade as % of the deposit account. Everyone has different 0.5-20... Probably, this information is not relevant for those who work with drawdowns over 20%.

The thing that happened to the francs forced me to rethink risk management and I came to the following conclusion: the size of the deposit must be commensurate with the size of working positions and no more.

In other words, an adequate deposit = (max. no. of simultaneous lots)*(position margin + 10-12 (stops on one position and spread)

For example: an average stop on eurusd is170-450 pips. This is a $170-450 arithmetic average of $310. Per lot.

Let leverage be 1:100. GO on 1 lot is $460.

Deposit for one lot of eurusd = 1(460+12*310)=4180$ The maximum drawdown for force majeure is 3900 points. Further we have debts of the broker. :)

In the light of recent events, when the risks are actually calculated by the entire deposit, the history of the franc shows this, it leads to a specific conclusion: the account should have only the amount necessary for work and no more .

The rest of the money you withdraw to highly liquid assets that do not relate to the exchange market: bank deposits, for example, or keep on the card and refill if 10-12 times it is blocked.

I think this information will help you save a lot of your money from such "accidental" withdrawals, or you will sink much longer.

I will be glad to hear your suggestions and constructive criticism.

Depending on your needs, how much income you need per month, convert this amount into a percentage of the deposit growth, which gives your TS, and there the size of the deposit is easy to calculate

IvanIvanov:
My idea is that working and planned positions should be executed with a limited deposit.

Of course, everyone's position size is different. Many beginners go as low as 0.01.

The idea is that the size of working and planned positions should be performed on a limited deposit.

menvr:

Of course, everyone's position size is different. Many beginners go as low as 0.01.

The main idea is that the size of working and planned positions should be executed on a limited deposit.

No, not only beginners trade 0.01 lot.

With your idea you will periodically lose your deposit - because such currency movements occur with enviable regularity, everything is fixed and the market is not.

server:

No, not only beginners trade 0.01 lots.

I don't think so, not only beginners, but also beginners will lose their deposits.

No. I will periodically catch stops.

No. Every once in a while I'll catch a stop. my tS is based on such stops. in my case stops are set not on market volatility. and for each instrument I have my own allowable SL values.

Theoretically one can catch 20 stops one after the other and then to bring them to the deposit.

In my opinion, it is better to return the loss and continue working than to get caught in an uncontrolled collapse.

In 2-4 weeks on the eu, it is very likely that they will all jump into the longs....

For example, if you want to re-calculate the drawdown, you need to fill it with a certain amount of dough.

menvr:

No. I will occasionally catch stops.

My TS is based on such stops. in my case stops are set not on market volatility. and each instrument has its own allowable SL values.

Theoretically I could catch 20 stops one after the other and bring them to the deposit.

In my opinion, it is better to return the loss and continue working than to get caught in an uncontrolled collapse.

In 2-4 weeks on the eu, it is very likely that they will all jump into the longs....

For example, if you want to re-calculate the drawdown, you need to fill it with a certain amount of dough.

What are you contradicting yourself? You should have everything on a fixed deposit, and now you're ready to divide it up.

Open a demo account
you start to open trades
and very quickly you start to understand what kind of deposit is needed, even without any calculations

The deposit to work should be within the amount that you are prepared to lose safely.

The deposit should be of such a size that when dealing with the amount of transaction you have set, you do not feel any emotional strain, including the fear of losing, thinking too often about open trades or pending orders, etc.

MIG32:
Депозит для работы должен быть в пределах той суммы , которую вы готовы безболезненно потерять.
izzatilla
:

The deposit should be of such a size that while working with the deal volume you have set, you do not feel emotional stress, including the fear of loss, too frequent thinking about an open deal or pending orders, etc.

This is all understandable. it's just an idea under the new market realities. When an uncontrolled process goes on (cfh). The risk goes to the whole deposit. stops will not help.

Money management continues as well. only there is a limited amount of money in the account.

And now there is a new risk. it is bankruptcy of brokers. because now there is a big withdrawal of funds and after the turn of cfh brokers who took deals to the interbank got a large negative balance on their accounts.

You should have a deposit of this size.

menvr:

And now there is a new risk. it is the bankruptcy of the brokers. because now there is a big withdrawal of funds and after the turn of cfh the brokers who took the trades to the interbank got a big negative balance on their accounts.

So holding large amounts is just risky. it's even a non-market risk.

I suggest you read the results of the discussion/survey athttps://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/39753, as well as those conclusions published on page 11.

Respectfully,

Reason: