Learning To Trade

Hello,

My name is Mike.

I manage a small hedge fund. (Under 50 Million)

I trade the majors with a simple system I developed.

It's a retrace system... meaning... the market moves in one direction... retraces... and moves back or hits my stop.

I often day trade but enjoy scalping.

There are literally thousands of systems on the market. Some are very good. The most important facet to trading isn't the system.

It's position sizing or money management.

Learning to trade took my several years. I kept thinking I knew where the market was going.

I use pivots, trend lines, fibs and psych levels to help me in my decision making process.

Trading takes time to learn but the time is well worth it.

Mike

I trade purely technical.

If you are new to trading that means I make no decision based on 'news' or 'bias'.

Now... I'm keenly aware of the tier 1 releases and don't trade until the dust settles.

Mike

Additionally... I'm also in the middle of authoring a book on trading the majors with pivot points.

My indicator is based on the NY close and I only trade the majors. Most of my trades are on the e/u and u/j.

If you have any questions about pivots or trading I'd love to help.

Mike

oilfxpro:
how is prop trading?

don't know.

i'm not a prop trader.

please be more specific.

thanks.

Mike

Although I trade a mechanical system I rely heavily on pivot points.

My YouTube Channel has hours of trading suggestions on how use them.

YouTube - thefxpivotpoint's Channel

oilfxpro:
What is difference between prop trading and hedge fund trading?

I believe prop trading is:

You have a certain amount of capital and based on some performance metric the 'firm' will give you some of their cash to trade.

So - If I have 10K and three months passed I'm up 3%. The prop 'firm' may give me some money and divide the gains based on their scale.

A hedge fund is a pool of client money. Managers take a % of gains based on monthly performance.

Mike

Hi where is this thread going? is it leading to something profound?

wanelad:

profound probably not.

beating the market almost every day - yep.

i'm a professional scalper and i just thought i'd entertain any questions there might be about scalping or trading in general.

FYI - the worlds largest day trader in terms of volume... is a scalper.

wanelad:

the banner on your blog is blurry as hell.

When you are a discipline trader this will help you to become more efficient and will help you in becoming successful too..

Reason: