3076 pips in 18 days

Hello my friends

What do you think the results of my work for the past

Best regards

http://www.mt4i.com/users/kinggbp/

where's the code?

Congratulations - now go and visit the carabiean with the money.

Martingale system.

See the last 2-day trades.

2010/11/17 18:54:00 and more.

gezgin72:

Martingale system.

See the last 2-day trades.

2010/11/17 18:54:00 and more.

I disagree with gezgin72.

As equity rises, one has more margin & so can risk similar %-age with rising lot numbers.

Martingale behaviour would be increasing risk (often doubling) after any losses. This behaviour is not seen.

It is martingale. Just look at the first few trades. It opens a new (additional) sell every few minutes (adding to the loser) and then it is closing them all at once at the same TP. This is typical Martingale behavior.

Unfortunately none of these online statement publishing services does any meaningful analysis or visualizing of the trade history, they all only plot the balance (which is certainly the most meaningless and misleading number of all) and do some totally irrelevant but important looking statistics based on that. Maybe this is intentional. If it would show how bad the strategies are, nobody would use the service.

7bit:

It is martingale. Just look at the first few trades. It opens a new (additional) sell every few minutes (adding to the loser) and then it is closing them all at once at the same TP. This is typical Martingale behavior.

I have to disagree. Averaging in is not implying martingale. The important thing when using such strategies is that:

-> stoploss is set at the first trade, stoploss remains the same for the add-on trades.

-> risk is calculated including the total possible loss for each trade session.

-> lotsize for each trade should again be calculated for each addon

In my point averaging in is a powerful tool if used wisely.

I have not looked at the statement. but i would be skeptical if the statement

->looks to good, rising balance, linear or exponential, with no nearly no losses.

-> shows large number of small wins and the some big losses

-> shows only a short period of time (it's always possible to find a sweetspot for a strategy)

-> shows old data (tested not until now) (it's always possible to find a sweetspot for a strategy)

-> if the window for the lotsize is shown and it is blank (this happens when very large lotsizes are traded)

//z

zzuegg:

I have not looked at the statement.

How can you then make any assumptions about it?

7bit:
How can you then make any assumptions about it?
my reply was targeting your statement that adding trades to a loosing one has to be a martingale variation.

zzuegg:
my reply was targeting your statement that adding trades to a loosing one has to be a martingale variation.

And I was talking specifically about the MT4 statement that was shown in the link which is adding to losers while lowering the TP distance each time.

And the second half of my posting was targeted at these online statement sharing services who intentionally do the best they can to make even the worst of the worst trading systems look like the holy grail. They all completely omit the account equity and the peak levels of floating losses and instead plot something as irrelevant as the account balance and if they could they would even plot the the rising sea level, the diameter of the ozone hole and the trader's weekly self-deceit coefficient into the chart only to make it look like everything keeps going up and not down.

7bit:
And I was talking specifically about the MT4 statement that was shown in the link which is adding to losers while lowering the TP distance each time.
then i have to apologize, i though you generalized.
Reason: