Which of the following do you agree with regarding trading platforms(multiple selections allowed).

• 20% (21)
  • 26% (27)
  • 18% (19)
  • 15% (16)
  • 10% (11)
  • 10% (11)
Total voters: 50

Please add comments why you prefer mt4 or mt5 below as well(optional).

MT4 is plain and simple. MetaQuotes should have refurbished MT4, they should have added the new features in it but they came out with MT5 (like Bill Gates Microsoft thingy), which is a bit difficult to understand.

mt4 allows more trading styles

mt5 strategy tester beats mt4

Thats why ive put three sections for developer, trader and signal provider.

doshur:
mt5 strategy tester beats mt4
That depends on your needs,  maybe it does for you but it doesn't for me.

RaptorUK:
That depends on your needs,  maybe it does for you but it doesn't for me.
For more information of what RaptorUk are talking about, see this topic.

As is now only developers prefer mt5. My view before posting was just that. Mt5/mql5 gives developers a good way of making money via the market but limits trading styles and due to this its unfavourable to traders and signal providers alike. Metaquotes should implement a more flexible tradability in mt5 like in mt4. Brokers can then set what is allowed and what not themselves.

tonny:
As is now only developers prefer mt5. My view before posting was just that. Mt5/mql5 gives developers a good way of making money via the market but limits trading styles and due to this its unfavourable to traders and signal providers alike. Metaquotes should implement a more flexible tradability in mt5 like in mt4. Brokers can then set what is allowed and what not themselves.
I don't see in what MT5 "limits trading styles" and would be "unfavourable to traders and signals providers". Are you talking about averaging of position ? (No hedge, one position per symbol).

tonny:

I am not a developer and I am not a signal provider, and I will never sell anything on the Market, and I will never code any EA (I am not a coder), and I will never sell any Signal as a SP.

And I feel very comfortable with MT5 as a simple trader. Besides, I am placing my trades here on mql5 on everyday basis. Please, do not speak here on behalf of all the traders.

As is now only developers prefer mt5.

where did you get this stats (statistical data) from? 

Reason: