how to have the same indicator many times with different inputs easily?

is there an easy way to easily apply the same indicator hundreds of times each with different inputs? or must it be done through code? if so how to code that? this is the indicator  Free download of the 'MTF_LRMA' indicator by 'Scriptor' for MetaTrader 5 in the MQL5 Code Base, 2019.02.07
MTF_LRMA
MTF_LRMA
  • www.mql5.com
Indicator Multi Timeframe Linear Regression MA with signal line

Lk:
is there an easy way to easily apply the same indicator hundreds of times each with different inputs? or must it be done through code? if so how to code that? this is the indicator  Free download of the 'MTF_LRMA' indicator by 'Scriptor' for MetaTrader 5 in the MQL5 Code Base, 2019.02.07

Can you help me understand what your goal is? Are you trying to view a live chart with hundreds of indicator lines at the same time? Or just go through a hundred one by one? Is this for the strategy tester? If you are just checking what different settings look like in a live chart you could right click the indicator line, click properties, then change the parameters to whatever inputs you want. It might take a while though. If you want to see hundreds of indicator lines with different inputs then you could create an expert advisor that iteratively creates 100+ of the indicator with different parameters and attach the EA to your chart.

tanner gilliland #:

Can you help me understand what your goal is? Are you trying to view a live chart with hundreds of indicator lines at the same time? Or just go through a hundred one by one? Is this for the strategy tester? If you are just checking what different settings look like in a live chart you could right click the indicator line, click properties, then change the parameters to whatever inputs you want. It might take a while though. If you want to see hundreds of indicator lines with different inputs then you could create an expert advisor that iteratively creates 100+ of the indicator with different parameters and attach the EA to your chart.

yes I want hundreds of indicator lines at the same time each with a slightly different parameter

Lk #: yes I want hundreds of indicator lines at the same time each with a slightly different parameter

Then add hundreds of indicators.

tanner gilliland #:

it is tedious to create all the indicators manually. how can EA create the indicators following a sequence of a specified amount of numbers for an input? for example each number from 1 to 100 or ever other number 1 to 200. thanks for your response

William Roeder #:

Then add hundreds of indicators.

that is painstakingly long and tedious. i want hundreds if not thousands of indicators

tanner gilliland #:

for values of signal period 1-100 create an indicator with each value

furthermore, for each value of LRMA period 1-50 create indicators each with value of signal period 1-100 

so for each value of lRMA period 1-50 there is 100 indicators with different values of signal periodm, 5000 indicators total 

tanner gilliland #:

could the operation ChartIndicatorAdd be used within a for a loop that adds 1 (or an user input for the variation of each signal period) to the signal period and adds the indicator with each respective value of signal period?

Lk #:
could the operation ChartIndicatorAdd be used within a for a loop that adds 1 (or an user input for the variation of each signal period) to the signal period and adds the indicator with each respective value of signal period?

yes you can, but you will need a machine that can handle that...

But anyway, "thousands of indicators" ??  Come on!! You have NO idea on what you are doing... Good luck...

When an idea leads to a similar crazy scenario, it's almost sure that the idea have not much sense.

What is the real goal of loading tons of indicators?

Are you going to analyze which settings "worked better"? Use optimzitions.

Are you going to create a "group of lines" and check when price is inside/outside of "channel" they creates? Use 1 indicator and ATR around its lines to create this theoretical channel.

Flavio Javier Jarabeck #:

yes you can, but you will need a machine that can handle that...

But anyway, "thousands of indicators" ??  Come on!! You have NO idea on what you are doing... Good luck...

Lol thanks

Reason: