MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1580

hi, for objects i can use this: ObjectSet      (StringX, OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES, OBJ_PERIOD_M1|OBJ_PERIOD_M5|OBJ_PERIOD_M15|OBJ_PERIOD_M30); but if i want my indicator to be displayed just in some timeframes, which command can i use to do that? thanks a lot,,,
[Deleted]
Hi, i was wondering if there is a way to get an indicator value from C++ program, for example, writing this code in C++ program : double RetVal = MQ4_iCustom(NULL, 0, "SampleInd",13,1,0); so that i can do analysis on charts using my C++ programs, it is ok if i can use the metatrader client...
... but i can't find any good answer in docs or forum. Imagine local variables declared in the global scope of an EA like : bool BUY,SELL; There are several EAs running on different currencies onthe same account, each one using BUY,SELL, etc... Question : Can i use the same name in each EA and...
[Deleted]
Is there any way to have a section of code run prior to a tick so you can see if your EA initialized properly? Thanks! Tom
[Deleted]
How can I make the optimizer work?, it only runs ONCE, it only does one pass. Under TESTING I do select GENETIC ALGORITHM , under INPUTS I set up the variables I want to tune, and under OPTIMIZATION I do select to OPTIMIZE based on Consecutive loss (for instance). And, yes, I do click on OPTIMIZE
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm looking for an equity manager that is a bit more robust than the one I'm using now. The current one will close all open positions at a specified equity level, and delete all pending orders. In addition, I would like it to: - Close all trades + pending orders @ X loss - If equity increase...
Hi, i do pattern search 8 times one time for every timeframe. When i find it i make a call to one function every time. This function get 3 parametres as input like this: void Vote(int VoterID, int VoteID, datetime VotingTime) then i want to organize the data in an array to make some basic voting...
[Deleted]
  Hidden Algorithm  (2)
Thanks Pals for the previous replies. They've been very helpful. Now the question this time is What do I have to do to ensure that during backtesting in a visual mode, my Algorithm (that is the indicators I 'm using) is not revealed!
[Deleted]
Hi, I am writing an expert which reads data from a file and executes trades based on it, I don't want my expert to open and read this file on every tick,how may I check for its last modification date, so I can ask my expert to read the data and ... ? Regards
  I'm not a programmer at all,  (91   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
But the question is thematic. A question for anyone who is kind enough to answer it. Here you have a community of programmers who somehow write (as a hobby, probably) under/for the MT4 platform. Since the program itself is extremely widespread in the forex market, it would seem why look for anything
[Deleted]
Hi, Can anyone write a code for indicator that simply shows the same candlesticks but in separate window. Artur
[Deleted]
Just a quick questionIs there a way of defining a constant? What I mean is defining something likeint a = 5;and defining it in such a way that it cannot be altered or if an attempt was made to alter it an error would be generated.
[Deleted]
Hi everyone! I'm new in trading, and using Indicator . I saw in a training video, on top left of his chart screen, was displayed the minutes / seconds / hours/ days left until the end of the current candlestick. Does anyone knows how to make this or any existing indicators that are capable of this
[Deleted]
  Forward Test?  (1)
I read it recently that one can do a forward test! I know of back test using the strategy Tester but don't know about forward test! Please how is this done?
When a Pending order type P is issued you can see that the order listed on Terminal > Trade tab has pendingorder type P listed. I have noticed that when the Pending order is activated and becomes market order that the order type listed isbuy or sell. My question is this: If OrderType() returns...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am writing a simple script. The script requires me to make a series of pending orders depending on the previous order being opened. For example, i made a pending sellstop order #12345. only when this sellstop becomes a market order to sell, then i will make another pending say buystop order....
[Deleted]
Hi, Basic question here... If I have a BUY order (lets say EURUSD) to be placed at 1.5800....Should I place it when Bid reaches 1.5800 or when Buy reaches 1.5800?? If I wait for Ask price...I may be missing some pips (the spread)... For which price should an EA wait for?? Thanks in advance,
[Deleted]
Hi all, I m trying to run a backtest for a EA with the same set of test data on different PC, the fuuny thing is among 5 different PCs, 2 of them are giving a very profitable result, but the backtest result from the rest of the PC are all giving poor result, then I realised the trade opening time...
New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 215:MQL4: Fixed error of constant string concatenation (Expert Advisors and scripts compiled in build 213 must be recompiled).MQL4: Fixed error of the reinitialization of global and static variables of MQL4-libraries.MQL4: Fixed memory leak when resizing of...
Hello Friends If I have the chart open i get an alert to say, required pattern is found, How to make metatrader seach for a pattern in all opened not maximed charts. Or is there any way i can run a script or indicator which can run across all charts and timeframes to search for gartleys say for
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm trying to ramp up quickly in MQL4 and I had some help from the members of the forum. 1. Can I only test my EAs and indicators during trading hours? If not, how do I test them? 2. Does anyone have the code for a really good MACD indicator with histogram? I found one but it didn't print out
[Deleted]
Secrets of MetaTrader. Adding Prices to Fibs The first Secrets of MetaTrader video discusses the process of adding price levels to Fibonacci Retracement chart studies in MetaTrader 4. This allows traders to easily view the price level next to each vital Fibonacci level, making technical analysis...
Hi, I have the following error using the Strategy Tester. TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 285 at 2008:04:15 15:23 exceeded). Where is the problem? I'm working on the following EA. Thank you. extern double TakeProfit = 30; extern double StopLoss = 20; extern double Lots = 0.1;...
[Deleted]
Is it possible in MQL4 to do indicator superposition, for example: calculate RSI on the MA of some currency pair?
[Deleted]
Hello, I need to calculate EMA, period 7, on (O+H+L+C)/4. I was searching the forum and found the following article with similar problem 'EMA on EMA on EMA......' Somebody responded that the standard Moving Average tool can do it and that no coding is required and HLCC/4 price can be used instead...
[Deleted]
I'm new to programming. I'm building a simple EA. After entry conditions it places two long or two short trades. Here is where I get hung up: After the first trade takes profit, I can't get the second trade to move the stop loss up to entry plus spread for worse case break even. Then...
  Heiken-ashi Zero-lag Tema  (91   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
Hello Traders! I developed new indicator! Found this formula in Trader Tips, it is a part of system "The Quest For Reliable Crossovers" Looks quite nice. Take a look at the picture - you will see what i mean. Why I'm posting few files here ? Well this indicator uses many buffers so i split them to 3...
[Deleted]
  Alert question  (1)
Hi I wrote Alert but it only works when I open window with my indicator.It works only also when I jump beetwen charts windows, in other wordswhen I jump between charts time levels. It seems that indicator can notcount when whorks. How can I solve my problem ? Need help. Is itconected with...
Truth Consult (Guangzhou Truth Marketing Research Consulting Co., Ltd.) is a professional marketing research and strategy consulting company. Our business is focused on marketing research, public opinion research, and marketing strategy consulting. There are two business departments, Truth Research...
[Deleted]
Hi, Can anyone help me ? This is part of the code: nameObj="_"+ExtComplekt+"LineR_" + countGartley; ObjectDelete(nameObj); ObjectCreate(nameObj,OBJ_TREND,0,Time[aXABCD[X]],zz[aXABCD[X]],Time[aXABCD[B]],zz[aXABCD[B]]); ObjectSet(nameObj,OBJPROP_COLOR...