MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1577

I have problem when I test EA in demo tell me "error opening buy order :130 I use ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,3,Ask-StopLoss*Point,Ask+TakeProfit*Point,"EMA_CROSS",12345,0,Green); there something wrong here in Strategy tester work good help me with that thank you in advance...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am new here. PLease I need help on how to create expert advisor. How do I go about it. Please help
[Deleted]
Hi. I am having problems trying to get the first part of my programme! I have read the book and one other tutorial but obvoisly Im not getting it. All I want to do is to make an expert advisor that will only work at a certain period of time of the day. e.g. if the time is between 6:00am and 18...
[Deleted]
I know indicators can add arrows, but I haven't seen how an expert can add arrows? Is this possible? I'm trying to simulate buying and selling in real time without actually sending and closing the order. I just want to see an arrow where my EA would buy/sell if it could. Thanks, Gary
moderators: Not sure if this frowned on or not, please tell me if not allowed and remove post - thank you. For those having interest, I just got via email a link to By special request: here's your chance to listen into 3+ hours of question and answer sessions with Stuart McPhee and David Jenyns 4...
[Deleted]
I am trying to create an EA that acknowledges when divergence (for short positions) and convergence (for long positions) between the MACD chart and price has occurred. My idea for identifying this for entering a long position is as follows with the same in reverse for entering a short position.1)...
[Deleted]
  macd indicator  (1)
Hi pros, please i need a macd indicator that is different from the one on mt4 platform, the one i need must be the one that will show the 2 ma lines as they cross clearly unlike the one available now with heavy waves lines, does anybody know where i can download it.thanks in advance. Willy
Can someone please help me put a stoploss in the MACD sample attachment below
Can someone please help me add takeprofit to the moving average EA attached below? Edwin
  pls help needed  (1)
hi, i'm new here and i'm glad to get to know a forum like this. Now i haven't read the mql4 book on-line but can someone show me how to write a program to calculate my daily pivots which will be displayed on my platform and which can be updated on its own daily, so that once the market closes for
I am new in metatrader and I made some EA but receive "error opening buyorder" in demo what requirements I need for run EA Thank for your help Rafael
[Deleted]
I'm a newbie and I've been trying hard to code an idea of a custom indicator that I have... But everytime I add a cycle operation to the code, I can't get Meta to load it, it blocks, my processor speeds, and I have to shutdown Meta. (...) if (MA_fast_last > MA_medium_last && MA_medium_last >...
[Deleted]
Hello, I use MetaTrader for just some few weeks now and are very pleased with it. I trade on M30 and H1 basis. My tradingindicators are : BBands Stops (on the quote) Heiken-Ashi Smoothed candle technique (on the quote) TRIX-index (separate indicator window) Elliot Wave Oscillator (separate indicator
[Deleted]
I remember that with a previous installation of MT4, which I think I downloaded from metaquotes.net, I had WTI, OIL and SLV symbols. I had to format my PC and now I don't have them. From which demo server can I get these symbols? I have tried demo.metaquotes.net:443 and Alpari-US demo server with no...
Hello, I want to have multiple sound alerts on a certain condition. I try to, but it seems failed. Here is the code : if(condition_is_meet() and once_a_candle()) {    Repetition=10;    Alert("Arrow down");    Sleep(10);       for(int s=Repetition-2;s>=0;s--)     {       PlaySound("Alert.wav");...
[Deleted]
Please,help me,i found it difficult to enter into a position with positive sign while using stochastic oscillator.
  EA problem  (2)
Does anyone know, how to put takeprofit in code of this EA?
[Deleted]
Am I doing something wrong? I have a demo account and I can't make a new trade in any of the three ways I have read about in the documentation. The window to allow a trade does not appear though the button "depresses" to show I have clicked it properly. What have I missed?
[Deleted]
Hi, I am new to coding in MQL4 and I am reading the book portion of this website. I have gotten so far into the book and I have found that some of the book pics are not displaying in either my Explorer or Firefox browser. check page https://book.mql4.com/programm/structure This is really frustrating...
[Deleted]
I am new to metatrader, I used to use Intellichart which is a pay per month package. I find metatrader to be a very good package especialy as its free. But I do miss its ability to show the cross hair accross several time frames on the same currency pair, It would have been even better over several...
[Deleted]
hi guys? is it true that trailing stop will stop working if my computer goes off or if my internet connection is distrupted?
why comment( 2 / 1) display 2 but comment(1 / 2) display 0? it's strange
How do pratice find 5,13,62 EMA Crosing Up or Down ?
[Deleted]
  Point Pivot  (1)
Hello, I would like to know Point Pivot value for each day. I read all code bases but I don't know how to extract value PP of each day. Have you got any idea how to make this ? I would like know this to calculate the main trend of 3 and 5 days. Thank you !
[Deleted]
Hello, I would like import informations like interest rates in an indicator or expert... What is the way to make this ? Thank you
[Deleted]
I am programming an EA where an order to buy is given when the 14SMA > 50SMA. Now the problem is that it does it every time that that occurs, which could even be right before it crosses back. I only want it to happen when it crosses, or better, just after it crossed and when the market is bullish....
[Deleted]
Can someone suggest what they think might be the best books, articles, websites to read in order to get started in trading? I'm new to forex and understand the very basics, but the terminology has got me lost. I feel like I need to know more before I can effectively start testing and understanding...
[Deleted]
I use several indicators and would like to create my own custom indicator that reads variables from the others to send me alerts/sounds when conditions are right to buy or sell. Is there a way to access variables between indicators without having to combine all their code into one? I haven't seen...
[Deleted]
Is there anyway to write to a file outside of the MT4 directory using MQL4? The docs indicate FileOpen is restricted to the MT4 folder (actually to a folder within MT4). I need to have an EA write to a file which is served up via HTTP. Thanks in advance for assistance. Bill
Hi, My EA places pending orders (it's channel breakout system). However, once the pending order gets filled and is stopped out, the EA will open another pending order. Can anyone help me to add a function so that the EA only open one pending order during one trading session? On the demo, it works...