MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1510

[Deleted]
The history centre at metatrader seems to have something wrong with the gbp/usd data as it does not want to download. Could someone provide me with that data file pls. Thanks.
[Deleted]
We can globally enable or disable Expert Advisors by clicking the EA button on the toolbar, but is there a way to do it programmtically? Possibly via a script or even another EA? Another area I'm looking into is the "Allow live trading" checkbox found within Tools->Options. Perhaps there is a way
[Deleted]
good day, peeps. i've just read about mql4. now, i have a question about a code that i got from this site (https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1481). it's about the martingale system. although i dont intend to use it in live account, i just want to practice with it. here's the code: extern int...
Rule No. 01 : Ranger in green - BUY, red - SELL Rule No. 02 : RangerTrend more than 0 - BUY, less than 0 - SELL Rule No. 03 : Stochastic near 20 cross up - BUY, near 80 cross down - SELL
  Invalid Ticket  (9)
Can someone help me to find out what is wrong? I'm writing an EA to put 2 pending order some pips (a lot more than broker's stoplevel) above and below the opening candle. I'm using the code below to delete theremaining pending order if one of them is triggered. But it doesn't work if thepending...
[Deleted]
I know this is a very basic question.  Somewhere around here I found some code that would simply draw a line on the chart based on a variable.  I thought I saved it to my hard drive, but can't find it now.  The code was for an EA, not an indicator.  Any help?
Hi, The goal of my simple EA is to Print when the Price is very close to the Bollinger Bands. Can someone review if this is correct? My primary doubt is about using Close[0] or Close[1]. How can Close[0] return the closing price of a current bar, when current bar is not yet closed. Thanks, JForex....
  No losing trades  (5)
My EA has no losing trades in 3 months now. For further details and cost please contact me at mt41969@yahoo.co.uk
I was looking for a library that has all matrix funtions, specialy finding the inverse of a matrix
[Deleted]
Over the last couple of days I have set my Meta trader on and just let it do what it does best. I have set up a demo acount and let the EA's do what they do best. I received a $300 profit (in demo) from one and left it going for the rest of the day. After coming back I realized that it was not...
Hi, Does anyone know of any other EA forms dealing with programming from beginner to expert? Any help will be appreciated, Thank you, Robert
[Deleted]
double minLot = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_MINLOT); How do i define a microlot?
Is there a function that can determine what time trading stops on fridays, GMT?
  PNN example  (11   1 2)
Hi I am looking for a mql4 example of a Probability Neural Network . Ive red about it and seen the algorithms but I don't understand them because I am only a programmer. If I see a code example then I might understand it. Thanks in advance L
[Deleted]
Check in this blog www.forexmq4.blogspot.com the UploadingFileTest.mq4. It is fully commented in english and let you to upload a file to a remote web site via FTP. This could help you to check what is doing your expert advisors when you are far away from the PC were they are running. Best regards,...
Hi Does the function MarketInfo( Symbol(), MODE_SPREAD ) query the server or client terminal? When working with a very volatile spread (e.g. AUDNZD) I find I want to average the spread tick by tick, but does that mean I'm making server requests every tick? I'm happy to pester the client terminal,...
Hi, With a specific set up I am getting this graphic with my EA. I think that If I invert the signals I can get a rising curve. Am I wrong? Or this negative results are the spreads? I need to be sure because I will have to pay to do the modifications at my EA. I tested many TP and SL relations and...
[Deleted]
Ok. I looked around and well...as you can tell by the amount of posts...Im new. Is there a link or something that can help me make sense of MQL4 and more importantly Meta Trader? Thank you
Do I need to normalize the following calculated stop loss? double sl = 20 * Point; The documentation states that: The calculated StopLoss and TakeProfit values, as well as open price of pending orders must be normalized with a precision the value of which is stored in the pre-defined variable of...
[Deleted]
I want to declare the following: double positiveInfinity = 1.7e308; double negitiveInfinity = -1.7e-308; double value = 1.1e-134; According to the documentation a double can ranges from -1.7 * e-308 to a positive 1.7 * e308 but when I try double value = 1.1e-134; // '1.1e' - invalid number...
Hi, I am new to MQL. I need to know if I can program to be alerted when the 1HR chart is along the Bollinger Band? Thanks, JForex.
[Deleted]
I tried to write to some code that would find the most frequently occuring price over the last nMinutes, using OHLC as quotes.  I realize now however, that I am in way over my head.  Please help! int i;int PopLength = 100;double Pop;double PriceArray[PopLength][2];double Check; int start(){...
Does anyone have any experience with the EA F.R.E.D.. I am constantly getting the following message: Error Occured : invalid trade volume. I've experimented with the lot size anywhere from 0.01 to 0.1 to 5.0. Nothing seems to work.
  MarketInfo() - bug  (12   1 2)
Hi, I think, I just found a bug. To re-produce just install and insert as Custom-indicator, end and re-start MT4 - you'll find the window empty. Now just set faulty to false and feel better. I used this for my indicator in a separate_window...
[Deleted]
Somehow I lost the tool bar at the bottom of the page that said "TRADES, EMAIL, ALERTS ETC." I can heat the tone when I get a message but cant view them. Im sure its something simple but cant seem to find it. Can anyone help?
greetings ! anyone here had perceived that offline charts from created symbols can't be tested on strategy tester ? there is any workaround ?
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm new to MT4 and understand how to add an indicator to the chart but I want to add a moving average to the volume when I have it displayed in it's own box below the chart. I have it showing as a simple histogram. According to the help file one can add an indicator to another but it does not
[Deleted]
Hello, I have created a custom indicator, but how do I reference this indicator in my EA?
[Deleted]
I was arranging the Toolbox and the Navigator windows. I pulled the Navigator window way to the right and left my mouse. Now I am not able to bring the navigator window into the view. selected and deselected the navigator icon and I closed the editor and opened and still not able to. The navigator...
[Deleted]
Hey everyone, I'm completely brand new to forex. As such, I have about a zillion questions so if there's a "pre-school" section of this forum, please point me to it and forgive the following basic questions. I'm a GUT trader. i.e. haven't a clue about charts and statistics. BUT, I've paper traded...