MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1407

I have EA which done not work very well when there is side-ways movements in price. I woule like to filter out signals during side-ways movements of price. Is there any indicator available which can detect correctly strat and end of side-ways movement of rpice. I am sure there will be little bit lag...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am looking for script that could import the spread for each trade to csv. Really need to. Please help write the script ... How to code? Ps: I try to find it by myself, but cannot find it. We do not know what to do...=(
Hi all, I am newbie but found forex is a beautiful mental sport and could be profitable as well. Ok, to the point, I am fine tunning a trading system depending on alignment certain indicators together at the same time. I think it is the usual way for trading :). However, i am waiting for these...
I wonder if my EA did not see every price tick that MT4 has received, therefore missing some trading opportunities. So I wrote a test program which adds up the price ticks and calculates highs and lows in the previous time period on chart. As I suspected, it did not see every price tick since the...
[Deleted]
would anybody help me here. I found a strange issue, my EA close trade by tickets number,when there are some trades opening and i shut down my computer (or pull out the ea temporarily),the next time, when i start MT4 with that ea again, although the sell and buy lines and close trades target lines...
[Deleted]
When I test an EA with strategy tester, even though I select a longer time period, the tester still displays "using M1, using M5", etc, when running the test. Is this normal?
[Deleted]
when i tring to get some average data, the iMA return me the incorrect number ! the EA print shows that" JPY 0 0 0 " "CHF 1.5141 1.5141 15.141 (3 same numbers) " ... It there something wrong with the following codes ? OR MQL4 ? #property copyright "Copyright ? 2009, MetaQuotes Software Corp."
[Deleted]
When I open this EA on a chart I would like it to have the following inputs: 1. Magic # 2. Lot size 3. Indicate One Pair to Buy 4. Indicate One Pair to Sell 5. Profit in $ 6. Open New Order (True= to open new orders and assign the inputted magic # to the new opened orders opened by the EA, False=do...
[Deleted]
HI, dear all EA Master . My Ea use to trade on M15 chart, but it needs a data with period M1 or M5 . how can compute them but not by opening M1' and M5' chart to get histrial data of the bars ??? your relpy will be much thanks !
hi, are there fixed times when major news are coming out every day? i think its pretty important to know when major news will be released but i cant find some informations on when exactly this will happen every day. best regards, mike
[Deleted]
Ok, this is from pivot indicator, problem is that it does not see the start of the day from H1 timeframe. M1,M5,M15,M30,H1 are good. In H4 and Daily charts it does not pick up the first,last bar of the day. Can someone please help with that? // let's find out which hour bars make today and yesterday
I typed in Coder's Guru Expert Advisor and ran it and I don't understand the final results on the graph. I modified the following lines from his original and the EA shows that I had two profitable trades between 2009 /08/ 28 to 2009/08/30 but I had 7 crossings of the moving averages. Also, what does...
Hi, here is a test EA for checking my (soon to be) drop-in TrailingStop routine. The TS seems to work but I get flooded with "OrderModify error 4051" and "invalid ticket for OrderModify function" errors. Just run the EA on 1M EURUSD 2009.09.01 to 2009.09.02 in visual mode. Anyone see what is wrong ?
Hello Experts! I hope You kan help!I need that indicator request script.That place were indicator request ALERT must request SCRIPT. Is that possible?Or request script with KEY? Thanks pansa
Hi, Do anyone know how to draw chart that will include weekends and public holidays, I mean the chart should contain continuous bars, without time gap. I know there is an indicator that can convert PERIOD, Can we have an indicator that will convert the regular chart without weekend bars to a chart...
Hi, I am new to the forum, hope you can help me. I recently purchased a trading system which requires me to install an indicator and a template into MT. I followed the instructions to the letter and they seemed to go into their respective folders (experts\indicators, and MT4\templates ) in the...
[Deleted]
extern string C1="EURUSD"; extern int MagicNumber1=1008; extern int MagicNumber2=1009; extern double lot=0.15; extern double lot2=0.75; int Slippage=3; int i; string eurusdStop; void verifyorder(string symbol, int MN, string direction) { int ord_cnt=OrdersTotal(); for (int...
I am trying to write to file the string DaysOpen with with precision to 2 decimal places. In the FileWrite line, both DaysOpen and StrToDouble(DaysOpen) write to flle only single interger. Example: 0.02 wrties 0 and 1.25 writes 1. Please advise. Thank you in advance. if(IsTesting() && RecordData)...
I Need script that modify your orders by updating the stop loss in line with the i_HighLow value. I trade by moving my stop loss to the boder of i-HighLow until I get stopped out in profit but I have to keep changing it manually. If the script can do this would be very usefull. Method : If open BUY...
I want to write a script that d-eselects all objects in the main window so that I can attach it to a shortcut key (e.g. control+shift+A). Does anyone know how to do this in MQL4 code please? Otherwise, is there a way to attach a key to the "deselect all" menu item? I suppose I could send the...
i want to use "=" not "+" to zoom in the chart,so that no need to press shift key. and i found there is a file named "hotkey.ini" in the directory of profiles. who can tell me to define hotkeys?
[Deleted]
  FAPTurbo  (3)
Hi there guys.. I'm kind a new to forex and that is why i am trading using trading robot. The one I am using right now is Fapturbo. The challenge for me now is to find the most profitable setting. Does anyone have a clue for the most profitable setting in Fapturbo?? Please and thank you..
[Deleted]
The Wild Card AUD/USD 1 Sep 2009 Tuesday, 1 Sep 2009 USD Trades Lower on Market Optimism Therewere more signs that the U.S. economy was improving, as a string ofpositive data was released yesterday from the U.S. the most significantwas the Chicago PMI, which printed higher-than- expected...
[Deleted]
I would like to interface something with MT4. I have not traded long, but very experiences developer. So far in my research, I have found that the MQL language provides file operations, DotNetRemoting allows some access using .NET and that MT4 provides DLL support for third party software. What I
[Deleted]
The Wild Card Gold 31 Aug 2009 Monday, 31 Aug 2009 Forex Traders Anticipate Heavy News Week Thedollar was slightly more volatile over the past week than usual, andthe explanations for this have been getting trickier by the day. As forthis week, forex traders are advised to take positions on trades...
[Deleted]
I was curious to know how much time the community here spends on forex. I, myself, dedicate pretty much all working hours lately to forex. I programmed scripts to fully automate my whole company over the years so I can spend time on whatever I want now. Whenever I'm not developing, corresponding,...
I look at 9 currency pairs--all on one profile--each profile set up by timeframe--so there is a weekly profile with 9 charts, a daily profile with 9 charts, etc. My problem--I work on multiple computers with differing monitor resolutions--so I would like to use the tile commands (vertical and/or...
[Deleted]
All, As the spread evolves all the time ( please see the code to check this on manual mode) newspread=(Ask-Bid)*10; if (spread!=newspread) {Alert("the spread has changed from", spread," to ",newspread);} spread=(Ask-Bid)*10; I would like to know if some people have elaborate som idea and code to
[Deleted]
Hi There, I would like to know if the code of MetaTrader 5 will be similar to C++ and if it will be easy to link MetaTrader to C++. Thanks and all the best. UKALGO
[Deleted]
They are only trades in demo account. I will continue trading in my free time. If you like to see my trade, you can use forex.com platform, and login investor account to track my trading. login: 90261764 password: mpn4iik