MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1413

Hello traders and programmers! i have a urgent issue, after the latest build update when i opend meta trader, it imedeatly crashed, so i uninstalled and reinstalled metatrader. but i didnt update the system before i reinstalled all the indicators and they all worked fine. then after i updated the...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am fairly new to programming and am trying to play around with an indicator that i got. What is supposed to do is highlight between hours 22:00 and 02:00 (following day) but instead it highlights everything except for the times i want highlighted. Any ideas? thanks!
hi everyone! can someone give me a hint how to print the whole mql4 book from this site? i am old-schooled thats why i prefer to read a hardcopy. tks in advance!
[Deleted]
Hi guys, I have seen this indicator: https://www.mql5.com/en/code and I want to have an index indicator that computes and plots the graph of the index of the above indicator? the formula is this: [TODAY'S READING of above indicator - LOWEST READING of above indicator(say in the last 20days)]...
Hi, I have made a program to covert the stock data to hst files and move them to history folders. History files are fine when opened they are getting plotted on chart . My main objective is to run my report script on all the imported symbols and generate a report. Here I have a problem. If I try to...
Hi, im in the process of writing an indicator. the problem i have is that the object do not always appear when its loaded. if i change the period then they will apear, so for example, i load on a M1 period, no objects. then change to M15 get objects, and back to M1 get objects. i have a function...
Hi, Can compiled MT4 programs be called as subroutines from another program and when back in the 'parent program' and then repeat the same thing with a different compiled MT4 program? utilize from the ‘mother’ program? I want to automate Trailing Stop Losses after EAs that I am using. Thanks to...
Hi, I have searched the forum but seems to unable to find relevant tips. Can you share your tips with regards to sending an email from MT4? For example: -- Is smtp.com okay? Any comments on it? -- For your level of usage (specify if possible), which smtp service do think is most reliable, most...
  Problem with EA  (4)
Hello! Does anyone know why this EA doesn't work? https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7612 Thanks!
[Deleted]
Ok so after alot of work (mostly learning how to code) I made an EA with the basic trading Idea that I want to follow. I have been unable to figure out how to test it as a microlot (0.01) lots instead of a mini lot (0.1) lots, I gave myself a $1000000 to start with just to see how my EA would...
[Deleted]
I am a newbee and I want to know how to set my take profit using the T/P column of the Terminal Window PS:- what is the significance of the arrow that appears beside it. At times it faces up at times down.
[Deleted]
hi, i want to calculate the spread i got for a position, because of requtes and the timediffrernce between ordersend and the serveraccept i can't use MarketInfo or triks like Ask-Bid... Any ideas?
  NonLagMA Crossover EA Help  (12   1 2)
I am trying to write an EA to place orders on the crosssing of two MAs. The MAs I am using is a custom indicator called NonLagMA_v7.1. The current code I have places an order (at the wrong time), and then fails to close it when the MAs cross the other way. The EA is supposed to be in the market all...
Hi guys ))) If you have some strategy or ideas and you need EA - write me now! asm707@mail.ru icq 342562682 skype assembler_1990 Yahoo IM: forex303
  MQL5 language reference  (28   1 2 3)
Didn't manage to understand, how can we calculate past values of an indicator, since there is no shift parameter ? There is nothing on the Доступ к таймсериям и данным индикаторов page that is indicated by Rosh answering to MA19, that could tell how the loss of the shift parameter is compensated....
[Deleted]
  EA's allowed?  (7)
Sorry for this simple question but I could not find the answer in a search on this site: how many EA's can I run simultaneously on mql4? Thank you very much for the help...... Daniel
Dear All Let's say that I've programmed an EA that takes 1 second to run from start to end (including opening/closing orders). What happens if the market is very busy and ticks come 2 or more times in a second. Does that mean that the second instance will run even before the first instance is even...
Hi, I am using the following command: MA_prev = iMA(Symbol(), 1440, 14, 0, MA_method, MA_price, 1); Problem is that the result calculated in MA_prev is different from the result on the relevant H4 chart (all parameters the same). Help.
what is the code for an EA not to open order despite it sees the order correctly. can someone help me.
[Deleted]
Ok, I hate to say it but I'm desperate :) Can someone help me fix this EA. I have 2 issue's. 1) It doesn't heed the donchians. When the Donchian crosses the Nolag its not suppose to buy anymore... 2) Sometimes it makes the same order. When it stop losses on a sell it sells again and stop losses......
[Deleted]
Dear Friend, I use below function for add Stoploss to my orders. Sometimes it work and add stoploss & sometime not working double SL=100; for (int l_pos_2 = OrdersTotal() - 1; l_pos_2 >= 0;l_pos_2--) { OrderSelect(l_pos_2, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES); if (OrderSymbol() == Symbol()) {...
Hi, I've written this little indicator. It takes the price Open of this day, and draws a line on the chart at 0%. It then draws other lines based on the percentage of the ATR100 (daily) value. When this indicator is 'dragged' onto a chart it works fine.... BUT.... when I then flick through other...
  all on buying the PFTS index !!!  (112   1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12)
Recently, however, investment companies have come up with many different "tricks" capable of attracting investors in times of market decline. For example, Mutual Fund "..." offers its shareholders to compile a fund portfolio by voting on its website. The seven participants who compile the best
Real Quick Question... what is the script for an END function in MQL? Here's what I'm trying to do: If(TotalOrders() == 12 && TotalProfit() >= TargetProfit) {what do I put here so that it won't continue processing the rest of the script?} Computehistoricals(); EstimateNxtTarget(); Thanks!
  Minute Entry  (2)
My EA signals comes from H1 and when I try to sharpen the entry with 1min chart, my results are poorer. Any reasons? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Minute Entry |...
[Deleted]
Hello all, I am looking for a programmer that can create an EA for a system I have. It is a simple system of one indicator providing signals for long and short orders, with that same indicator in 2 higher time frames acting as filter. I would need the EA to have the following features: TP and SL The...
[Deleted]
I am a former alpha and beta tester of NINJA TRADER in 2003-2004 Thanks for the link for <beta testing MT5 on my account.
[Deleted]
I've been successfully backtesting an EA that I've written. Now when I try to forward test it on a demo account, I get the following errors (this is a subset of the messages in the Journal -- these messages repeat over and over, although the "connect failed [no connection]" error occured only once....
[Deleted]
I want to refuse requotes which are below my exit criteria and reattempt to close the order. Is this the right way to accomplish this? { while(Order == false) {RefreshRates(); Order = OrderClose(OrderTicket(),Lot,Ask,2); if (GetLastError()==138 && Ask < OrderClosePrice() || Ask < OrderOpenPrice())
Hey guys Just wondering if anyone has any good ideas for detecting whether a pair is trending or trading, obviously there is no perfect solution. Just looking for ideas. I was thinking maybe an indicator that detects divergence between macd and stochs or rsi? Or some other indicator anyone has seen