MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1259

[Deleted]
  I need help  (5)
here is what I want my computer compiles;) OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),(Highest high since the order began)-Point*TrailingStop,OrderTakeProfit(),0,Green); Can someone help me? Thanks
[Deleted]
Hi, I m using two monitors for my chart analysis, so I am trying to move the MT4 charts to another monitor so I can view different charts within the MT4 platform, but it seems that the chart cannot be move out of MT4 program. Can anyone advise how this can be done? Rgs
New article How to Quickly Create an Expert Advisor for Automated Trading Championship 2010 is published at mql5.com: In order to develop an expert to participate in Automated Trading Championship 2010, let's use a template of ready expert advisor. Even novice MQL5 programmer will be capable of this...
New article Using the TesterWithdrawal() Function for Modeling the Withdrawals of Profit is published at mql5.com: This article describes the usage of the TesterWithDrawal() function for estimating risks in trade systems which imply the withdrawing of a certain part of assets during their operation....
for sure the answer is no. but little if any.... the situation: five open orders on different pairs at a weak loss and a strong risk of falling into a real loss. the light goes out. the oops (for example) will last no more than 30 seconds. close the first order - requote , trade flow is busy, what
Hello friends this is checkmail and am trying to build an simple EA based on MA curves, but the problem is that the EA is not opening order in other direction when at cross it only closes the current position. Means if have an open order buy, at an cross it will...
I have put a condition on year int year = TimeYear(Time[i]);       if (year > 1970) still it doesn't take into account, do you see why ? Full source below: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                       Export.mq4...
New article 20 Trade Signals in MQL5 is published at mql5.com: This article will teach you how to receive trade signals that are necessary for a trade system to work. The examples of forming 20 trade signals are given here as separate custom functions that can be used while developing Expert...
Hello Folks, Awesome site. It is a forever learning process as it is, but this site challenges a persons understanding as well as explains the Forex facets. Thanks to all. There are many currency converting calculators out there. But what is the actual formula for converting USD/JPY, and better yet
  Video courses on programming in MQL4.  (62   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
Hello to all those interested. A lot of people write to me, no, not so many people write to me, asking for help with this or that code. I help some people but not others because I get a huge code and try to figure out what is wrong there. I have the idea of creating a video course on programming
[Deleted]
hi any body can conver this indicator to ez with sl and tp and time management here is code //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| HMA.mq4 //| Copyright © 2006 WizardSerg <wizardserg@mail.ru>, ?? ??????? ForexMagazine #104 //| wizardserg@mail.ru //| Revised...
MY MAIL sinvani4@hotmail.com need help here can programming.but my problem is putting all together. my stratygy is winning EA if you do it accourding to my setting i think or i am sure i gott it. have been in this market too long use over 1000 indigator fund 4 that is the best in this forex market...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, I'm kira and have just started learning mql4. I love trading, been reading up on it for about 2 years where I started on stocks, then to options and finally on to currencies, where I feel the most comfortable. I had been live trading forex (manually) for a couple months without
[Deleted]
I have several data gaps in my Chart (USDCHF, 1min, 5min, ...) and in the History Center too. I deleted and re-downloaded the data from MetaQuotes History Center, but to no avail. For example: Data from Fri 2010-05-07 22:59 to Thu 2010-07-08 10:44 is still missing. How do I solve this problem...
[Deleted]
can you declare a global variable inside a function? I have functions that do a lot of processing, and then compare that with the results they got last time. To compare results, I must store some of the data as variables that wil remain constant when ever the finction is called. Therefore I must...
  MT4 server IP address?  (11   1 2)
I know SRV files in the config folder are supposed to hold a broker's server details. Can I extract the server's IP address from that? What I'd like to do is ping the IP for latency checks . Problem is some of the brokers I'm checking out now don't have this info on their website and I'm getting
I was wondering if anyone knew a broker in which you can place a pending market order fractional pips away from the current market value. For instance, if the current price for EURUSD was 1.28086, I would like to place modified pending orders at 1.28088 or 1.28084 (which are .2 pips away). The...
  Is there a need for a T.A.?  (426   1 2 3 4 5 ... 42 43)
Greetings, traders! Or not traders? I myself have been trading for three years now, but I am still in search of my grail ... Of course I have experience, but may I call myself a trader in the sense of professional affiliation? But it doesn't matter, we all want the same thing, a couple of stable
[Deleted]
Seems like there are no string functions in mq4? I want to load a file that contains my strategy settings. This file gets updated by another program. Basicly, the file is a single line of text, which each value seperated by a TAB (tab dilemted file). I've figured out how to ge my EA to load the file...
Hi, I need an application or expert for sending position on metatrader to yahoo messenger ID or lists of IDs... Can anyone help me??? Thanks a lot...
[Deleted]
I´m trading with an EA. But i have a problem. Sometimes my broker makes it impossible to set a take profit for the first 15 minutes after the trade is opened. The EA tries to set the take profit but the broker doesn`t let him. But after 15 minutes I must set the take profit manually. Is there any...
  Learning logic  (145   1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15)
It's really quite simple. There is a desire to help others do the best code, and to learn from others. It's no secret that one eventually develops quite certain stereotypes which sometimes (most often) help and sometimes hinder. I will prepare a variant of the indicator and try to explain what has
Hello, I am trying to create this EA but not very successful. Can please someone help me? I would like to use this custome indicatior in my EA. This indicator is HMA, which changes its color. (Blue for Long entry and Red for short entry) I would like to use 2 lines of HMA with different periods...
Here's the problem, I know what should work, but in what way, I can't formulate it. On a certain time interval, e.g. a week, I need to find ALL horizontal channels with a width of e.g. 50pp. Additional signs of beginnings and endings of fluxes: 1. The price alternately crosses the boundaries of the
[Deleted]
Can I download Meta Trader 4 in Nokia E72 or C6.Please guide me to a good handset which is easy to do trading with Meta Trader 4
HI any one can write a code to autorefresh the indicator or EA ?.............. with the ability to change the autorefresh times per minute or second thanks
  EA doubt  (4)
Hi! We're building an EA that uses two custom indicators. One indicator is running using D1 and Another together the EA is running on M30. The problem is that we are getting signals from D1 and searching for good points with M30. When we try to get the value using: [code] iCustom(Symbol(),...
[Deleted]
Hi I'm a newby to the DDE, I'm using a .NET DDE wrapper to connect to the MT4 so far i managed to do quote, bid, ask, high, low etc... but is it possible to also send a buy/sell commands through it? if so, how? Thanks! Liad
Price data from may to july for key currency pairs is missing as of this morning. I have tried downloading and even refreshing the chart but nothing!
I'm looking for a code thats will wait to buy after crossing. Insted of buying exatly wail crossing i want it to buy to or 3 candels later. I have this code now:    trendB      =iCustom(NULL, Timeperiod[TimeperiodSelector], "_InsTrend",1,0);   trendB.old  =iCustom(NULL,...