MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1137

On Saturday, May 13, the new build 402 of the MetaTrader 4 will be released: Fixed timezone correction when downloading history data to History Center. Fixed freezing of mobile terminals during startup and LiveUpdate on the HTC devices.Fixed bugs reported in error messages.The live update will be...
My EA uses a GMT offset extern int. Oanda is 4 hours behind GMT. The GMT integer is therefore set to -4. However, this causes a problem as the EA recognises the hard coded time (2:00am) - GMT (-4) as (-2) so there is no trade. I need the EA to recognise 2 (hard coded time) -4 (GMT offset) as 22....
[Deleted]
Hey guys, I've been thinking about starting to trade with a Cyprus broker, since Cyprus is fastly becoming a worldwide hub for forex trading brokers. Infrastructure is also great. So can you help me out with suggesting some brokers? Also i was wondering if there are any brokers that offer bonuses....
Hi, I am trying to run the same EA concurrently on 2 different brokers. I realized that due to the different timezones, (broker1 is from UK, broker2 is from Asia) the OHLC data on PERIOD_D1 for the currency pairs are different. I want to standardize my indicator values to OHLC data based on GMT only...
[Deleted]
Hi, I was just wondering where the data feeds get stored? Is the history folder the only place that the data gets stored i.e. in the .hst files? Also, what is the latency of the updates of this data? As soon as it's downloaded it's in the file?
Hi Anyone so kind has the MT4 EA code for 4 EMA/ SMA crossover ?? thank u so much
Hi, I have writen an Expert Advisor with the following code lines: Print("Minute: ", TimeToStr(Time[0]), " LastMinuteTime: ", TimeToStr(lastMinuteTime));                        if(lastMinuteTime != Time[0])                        {Print("**");...
[Deleted]
I find a intresting thing: if you drag your indicator to your metaeditor you will find like this : if you drag "macd" then print =MT4|INDICATOR!MACD drag "atr" will print =MT4|CUSTOMINDICATOR!ATR .....and so on this is very like DDE =MT4|Ask!EURUSD I don't kown how to use it,But I think it will...
Hi all ... fellow-sufferers ... first apologize for any errors you have to express myself in English because I'm not good ... I'm learning ... like asking someone to help you master the programming because I'm new and while I'm learning a lot, I'm white ... I robots are performed through a website...
[Deleted]
i would like my expert to sound every time it puts a position or takes one out. how can i do that? is it possible? i have already tried the PlaySound("siren.wav") ; // form and the void PlaySound(string filename) form. neither one worked for me. they sound every time a there is a new tick. thanks...
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm sorry to be asking this but believe me I've looked everywhere before asking and cannot find the answer that I need. Essentially I need to SOMEHOW be able to do this (my description is in laymans terms for clarity): In an indicator I need to somehow accomplish the following: IF (YEAR OF BAR)...
To optimize a MA cross strategy, is it necessary to use tick data for every step of the process to get the most accurate results or could testing with tick data be reserved for the final step in the process? For example, let's say the MA period is being optimized over a 6 year time span and we...
Hi Forum, Iam testing my EA visual. In this EA I use a custom indicator which is started by icustom. After stoping my EY it shows me hundrest of parallel subwindows. I dont think this is normal, in earlier times I never noticed such a behave. Sure, my indicator is called a lot of times, but I cant...
Hi, It is possible with metatrader to create charts of the US market hours only. For example. from 09:00 to 15:30? Thanks in advanced
[Deleted]
Hi coders, Could someone help me out with a CSV fileread problem? I need the EA to open a CSV file and check it's data. In this CSV file there are many lines with (almost) all 4 entries (columns). The goal is to take the average of these columns. Data looks like this: 1.2,1.254,1.86,1.8693
Hi, I 'am creating an EA that should buy or sell on a breakout of a fractal bar. Which level should I use? Do I have to use the high of the fractal bar + the spread of the currency pair? If I reverse when there is a signal in the other direction it is closing the open orders first, but the order in...
  smoothing - data  (1)
Does anyone have an implementation of Savitzky-Golay smoothing in MQL4?
[Deleted]
#property copyright "test"#property link      "http://www.metaquotes.net"#property indicator_chart_window//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Custom indicator initialization function...
[Deleted]
helo. i need your help. in the function start() i want to open just one order but my problem is when the condition is ok my EA open a lot of order. I will explain the condition: if the last close order is buy=========>then place an order the type sell_stop in the open price of the last close order...
Hi, everyone, So, I have a following situation, I'm making an EA for the M5 timeframe - and this is where i test it, but i want to be collecting some data from the M1 frame meanwhile... when I run it in test the iTime(NULL,1,0) gives me zero... but the iTime(NULL,5,0) give me the legit 5 minute...
[Deleted]
hola plz i need your helps. i have an array withe a price of n(number) open orders and i want compare a new price withe this n price if it s different so open a new orders.the code that i use it s for(int i=0;i<=n;i++) { if(new_price=open[i]) ;...
[Deleted]
Hi, Is there NO ONE in this entire forum who has written a simple Indicator or EA code for just creating and Alarm and Alert Window (with reference in the Alert window to the respective FX pair !! say: EUR/US$ SR or RES is hit) when one SR and RES line (moved by standard double click and drag by...
  How is the expected payoff calculated?  (70   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
Good afternoon. Can you tell me how the expected payoff displayed in the Meta Trader tester is calculated? Respectfully
After playing around with EA's for a bit, and using the strategy tester mainly to see if the code was actually working I'd now like to progress onto the real why of the history center, and how to use it properly and I can't seem to find the answers or something comprehensive on it. OK I get...
[Deleted]
How can i make an indicator on m5 appear on a m15 chart ?
Hello to all I have eliminated all errors and warnings : ) with exception of the "function definition unexpected" grrrrrr Have a look at the code and see if you can resolve. The problem is where the code shows the 'int deinit ()' Thanks very much for having a look. Regards Huckleberry //--- input...
[Deleted]
Hello again (from the the latest 'up and coming' MetaTrader 4 expert)!!! LOL!!! Here's one for you. Would you say that 0 (as is ZERO) is equal to 0.000001??? Stupid question??? Read on!!! LOL!!! Take a look at the first chart. In the last (second) indicator on the chart I am 'forcing' the 'main' or...
[Deleted]
Hi I have an EA with that uses FTP to get certain data, sometimes I find this error comes up and I have to restart the terminal to correct it, can anyone comment on the causes of this error:    int hSession = InternetOpenA(AGENT, INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_DIRECT, "0", "0", 0);   if(hSession <= 0){...
Hi all, While backtesting on MT4, I found these missing 15 min data from 12 March 2010 22:45 to 25 March 2010 22.00 (Alpari MT4 Server Time). The history centre also showed no such data, same for 1min, 5min, 1hr and all other time frames. I have updated all the data from Metaquotes. Does anyone...
1. What can you say about my tests of the new strategy? 2. and who is trading how, share your statistics? 3. How else can I improve my results