MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1132

New article 3 Methods of Indicators Acceleration by the Example of the Linear Regression is published at mql5.com: The article deals with the methods of indicators computational algorithms optimization. Everyone will find a method that suits his/her needs best. Three methods are described here.One...
[Deleted]
Hi, Anyone can help how to write a code for price crossover MA ? Only open one position for the zero bar during crossover. Thanks a lot !!!!!
[Deleted]
Hello, I need accept only 1 trade (buy or sell) per 1 day (no more). Pls write me code, thx
[Deleted]
Hi! Ok, basically, I need to know how to open a certain URL, so I can send some information through it (the other end is going to receive that information through PHP's GET method). So, the idea is opening an URL using a String. How can I do this? Thanks!
I have a DLL that exchanges data between 2 instances of MT4. It works for about 5 mins, then the DLL locks up; i think. All I know is the data is "frozen" in the MT4 terminals. I'm attaching the experts (1 for each terminal) the cpp and def files. The DLL is compiled in VS2010. all running on...
[Deleted]
  script calls  (1)
Hello. I have a basic question in mq4 scripting. I have already a script that creates a Pending position with S/L. Now when that pending position goes active entry into the market, I would like to call the same script again, for a new Pending with the same criteria (new entry price same pending...
[Deleted]
int myFunc( int & myParameter) { int iVal; // my code return (iVal); } I want myParameter to be passed by reference, I would also like it to be optional, but I accept that I can't have it all. When I don't need to pass a value to myParameter I try this "myVal = myFunc(0)" and I
[Deleted]
I'm just learning MT4 and modifying an Indicator from someone else. I notice that the original author eliminated an awful lot of spaces. Specifically he used if (Counted_Bars< 100 ) instead of if (Counted_Bars < 100 ) I think that putting the spaces in makes it easier to read and debug. I recognize
[Deleted]
I tried doing a search buy I keep getting an error, so I'll post my question and hopefully someone can point me to a thread that answers it. I have an indicator that I'm modifying (it's my first one). It keeps locking up MT4 (an endless loop maybe) and I have to use the Task Manager to shut it down...
[Deleted]
Is there some way to create a function that will allow me to pass an unknown # of Formal Parameters like StringConcatenate()? Specifically I get tired of typing "StringConcatenate" with 2 spaces in between each parameter. I would like to write a function "SC()" that automatically puts 2 spaces in...
[Deleted]
I downloaded MT5 and started reading the manual when I discovered that I can't hook it up to my broker. Before I quit reading, I saw that it has a debugger. Hopefully it would be something similar to debuggers in other languages. Does any one know if I can use MT5 to write EAs and Indicators that...
We just released a new beta (version 3.15). It allows you to create expert advisors without any coding - no need to learn mql4. New features include: •4 and 5 digits support •MQL icon: To manage custom MQL trading conditions. •Changes to the existing time filter feature •New TIME icon: It allows...
hi May give me any source or information about use financial information exchange (FIX) protocol in MT4 ? please help me
I have used MT4 for years and took a few months off. Now my email alerts don't work all the time. It works (connects) sometimes but maybe 50% I get a connection error. What is the fix? My broker is no help. They say MT 4 never had a reliable email system because of SSL security. But I never...
  Help Me Please  (1)
Please Help Me, How To Send email Report Order (Buy or Sell) From EA to My email?? Thank You
Hi, after re-writte an personal indicator by the editor, for some razon the setings of the object list window has been changed and now when I try to open the object list window the plataform is loked and I need to press the Esc key un-lock it and continue working. If some one can help me out with...
I have a trade system in which when one trade hits its Stop loss (SL) another trade hits its Take Profit (TP) - so they should both close at exactly the same price, one via SL and the other via TP SL price of trade 1 == TP price of trade 2. e.g. 75.02 == 75.02 This happens ok most of the...
How to open a buy order with 15 different pairs at the same time AUD/USD AUD/CHF AUD/JPY NZD/USD NZD/CHF NZD/JPY USD/CAD CAD/CHF CAD/JPY EUR/USD EUR/CHF EUR/JPY GBP/USD GBP/CHF GBP/JPY
We got the news: Newest CompTIA Project+ exam has been released. We all know that Project+ exam covers pre-project set-up/initiating; project planning; project execution and delivery; change, control and communication; project closure. Unlike some project management certifications, CompTIA Project+...
New article William Blau's Indicators and Trading Systems in MQL5. Part 1: Indicators is published: The article presents the indicators, described in the book by William Blau "Momentum, Direction, and Divergence". William Blau's approach allows us to promptly and accurately approximate the...
New article Enhancing the Quality of the Code with the Help of Unit Test is pulished: Even simple programs may often have errors that seem to be unbelievable. "How could I create that?" is our first thought when such an error is revealed. "How can I avoid that?" is the second question which comes...
I am charting the difference of two arrays of two currencies. One is of the high of one currency and the other is for the low of another currency. for example I have : ExtMapBuffer1[i]=High[i]-Low[i]; What is the best way to directly state, I want to use an array of the High [i] for the EUR_USD and...
When I run the code below tick value starts from an irrelevant value at everyrun such as 40064 in first run 23360 in the second run and goes on. I expect 0 1 2 3 ..... what am I missing?? //--------------------------------------------------------------------// simple.mq4// To be used as an example...
i want to run MT4 at freeBSD(UNIX), how to ? thanks
[Deleted]
I am a programmer but newbie in mql4 programming. I am trying to create a EA (auto trader) regarding an indicator. I attached the indicator. This indicator gives good trend signals. Now wanna make a auto trader regarding the trend signals. Algorithm:...
[Deleted]
I'm new to MT4. I think I just noticed something wrong with my Period_H4 chart. It has bars for 7/29 16:00, 7/31 17:00, 7/31 21:00, & 8/1 00:00. I understand why the 7/29 16:00 bar only covers 1 hour and it skips to 7/31 17:00, but why does the 7/31 21:00 bar only cover 3 hours? Do I have a bad...
[Deleted]
I new to MT4. I think I remember reading somewhere in the dictionary a way to determine if the tick that's being processed is the 1st tick of a new bar, but I can't find it now. Can anyone help?
[Deleted]
Hello Dear Friends, I need help with the code below. I have included "if(Bars>BarsCounted)......BarsCounted=Bars" condition to trade only at the close of bars, this is OK, however the piece of code commented as Breakeven (blue part) also works at the close of bars, even though I have written it...
[Deleted]
  Indicators for EA  (12   1 2)
Hi, claimed to know a list of indicators that serve to make a compatibility in EA? Please can someone help to know which indicators work well in EA? Thank you very much.
Can someboby tell me if and how I may install any MetaTrader version on my smartphone with Windows Mobile 6.1 ?