MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1105

[Deleted]
Good day, I would like to create a curved trend line indicator. It must work like a normal trend line, exept that it must be curved according to a specific equation. It however does not seem possible to do, unless I am mistaken. Any suggestions in this regards will be much appreciated. Best regards
[Deleted]
a same EA performs entirely different on history test at different mt4 platforms.
[Deleted]
  Newbee first question  (12   1 2)
Hello guys, I try the very first code in MQL4book below. https://book.mql4.com/programm/execution The compilation is fine. When I "drag and drop" it to a chart, the window show up and I leave it default: Checking only "Enable Alert" and "Allow import of external experts" Once click ok, the first...
[Deleted]
As you could see from my attached pic, there is no chart(and also no data) from June to September. Data are just downloaded from mt4's historical center, from "MetaQuotes Software Corp." How to solve this problem?
Hi, Is it possible to use a number of copies of the same indicator on the same chart but with different time frames when the indicator does not have the time frame as a variable ? If so, how? If so, how do I differentiate between them and tell which is which ? Thanks for any and all assistance.
Is it possible to call MT4 or MT5 from an external program written in C++ or Visual Basic? And possibly pass some information?
Found one of these things on the net. Can anyone explain what the point is
Hi, I wrote one dll that after it starts to work after 10-20 minutes get below error in my MT4: 2011.10.13 19:04:28 Indi1 EURUSD,M15: function 'ind_Ichimoku' call from dll 'C_Source.dll' critical error When starts it works properly but after a while I get above error. In dll I am using dynamic...
Hi everybody, I usually trade with Renk Charts. When I open the platform, I must authorize all DLL calls on the charts. Is there a way to authorize all these calls without flagging all the requests? With a script, or other ways, could you suggest a way? Thank you!
I have this code before. The StopLoss is set at 30 points at the moment, but when a trade is placed, the stop loss on the trade is anything between 60 and 70 points. Seems very random and I cant work out what is causing this. Can anyone help me with this please ? if...
[Deleted]
I have spent quite a bit of time on this to get it to work. Tried other Trade Order formats and that didn't work either. I have never done any programming before when more than one currency pair is used in the code. Am still new at the code also but doing ok. This thing has got the best of me...
[Deleted]
  Server Down?  (2)
So, will it be that way every week-end?
[Deleted]
Hi all. I'm new to mql4 but I do my best to learn coding. I have created my first EA using custom indicator which I post below. Indicator //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| DT-ZigZag-ATR.mq4 |...
I have this for the True Strength index: Parameters Raw (Raw = 25 ) Smooth (Smooth = 13 ) Indicator programming NetChg = MOMENTUM [ 1 ] Value1 = EXPONENTIALAVERAGE [Smooth]( EXPONENTIALAVERAGE [Raw](NetChg)) Value2 = EXPONENTIALAVERAGE [Smooth]( EXPONENTIALAVERAGE [Raw]( ABS (NetChg))) IF...
[Deleted]
Hi, Given the current weakness of both EUR and USD, and the subsequent volatility of the market, it would seem to me that backtesting & optimizing an M15 timeframe-based EA on any more that the most recent 12 months of Historic Data would be a complete waste of time. I would like to know what...
[Deleted]
Hello Forum, does a triggered buy_stop order get a new order with a different MagicNumber? If so, how can i get an association between this two orders? Thank you in advance
[Deleted]
why on strategy tester it work well, but on simulating trade, it won't work. ticket= OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,30,HighestPrice+200*Point,0,"",0,0,Red);
[Deleted]
I have 2 questions if I may. I'll start with the easy one 1st: 1. Is there a way to specify how a level in an indicator looks? I know though properties but I want it to be set when the indicator is added to the chart. I'm talking about the horizontal levels for the window indicator not on-chart...
Hi I want to display 3 indicators in separate window but show those and a 4th value in data window. Everything works except that the scale of the 4th value causes the display of the first 3 values to be crammed together. How do I prevent the 4th value from affecting the vertical scale of the display...
  Requires a trading robot for MT4.  (81   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
Good afternoon ALL! Maybe any of the programmers have solved a similar problem. I need a robot that works at zero or with a small profit: The more trades it opens and closes, the better. Deposit load: 10% max. Maximum drawdown 10% Broker quotes: 5 digits. Spreads are market spreads (4-6pips on
Is there anyone interested in meeting in Canberra and chatting about MQL4/Forex? If there is please PM me. If there is a lot of interest maybe I could look into getting a venue so we could all meet and talk...
[Deleted]
Is it appropriate to post Wanted Ads Here? If not, where on the forums. I am looking for MT4 Indicator Launch assitance. Jim
[Deleted]
Hi I'm looking for an triple crossover macd indicator or advisor for MT4.The trading idea is when macd cross to the same time on the 4hour 1hour 15 and 4 min chart to the downside or the upside we can expect a very strong move to the down or upside and trade with a minimum on risk and a big and log
[Deleted]
Does anyone know how to copy / paste a price from 'live' update to excel, say price at 10:00am without losing it when time goes to 10:01am? Thanks
  Periodic Markers  (1)
Is there some way to have vertical lines across a chart to automatically mark designated time periods? For instance, I would like to be able to have my M1, M5, M15, M30, and H1, charts divided into clearly discernable 4-hour time units. Upon seeing the Cycle Lines in the Insert list, I thought I...
Bonjour, je veux simplement ouvrir un topic pour ceux et celles qui veulent poser leurs question en francais et veulent des réponses en francais. Pas toujours évident de traduire les termes de trader, programmeur, et le jargon MQL alors je crois que si nous nous réunissons sous un même topic, nous...
My optimizations can't do all the results, do you know why?? I have some backtests under 200 optimizations working fine, but i have problems with more than 200 optimizations... I get a lot of "No result" boxes. reply
Ergent !!! S.O.S Hi, I need to write an Indicator that display 3 elemnts in it, its should show stochastic & parabolic & moving avarage only the moving avarage and the parabolic should have as a datasource based on the stocastic, the stochastic have 2 returnd parameters fast and slow. the qustion is
I have a couple of custom indicators and I want to develop an EA that uses them. Is it possible to do this with MQL4? If so, how does one get the custom indicators into the EA and how does one access their data inside the EA?