MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1099

[Deleted]
Hi, I noticed something odd the other day and was wondering if anyone could tell me what happened... I have a script that I run to enter orders for me - it calculates entry, stop, target, and position size based on risking 1% of my account. I was already in a short position (about 0.7 units) that...
  detached chart  (2)
There is an Australian broker that offers an EA (they call it mini-terminal) that allows disconnecting of charts from the terminal. It also brings up a window that allows one click trading. The problem is that it only works on an Australian based account for that broker an cannot be used on another...
Hello coders, I need some advice on how to create a 60min gap between my trades only if the last trade ended with my stop loss being activated. I tried two things, here is the first one................ for (int j=0; j<OrdersTotal(); j++) {if (OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TIME)==true)...
What are differences between versions 406 and 409 ?
  Arbitrage  (250   1 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25)
I will not explain what a necessary arbitrage is. This case a similar strategy is proposed, only in real arbitrage trades are executed when there is an advantageous price difference between the real product and exchange contracts. In this case the difference is taken only for exchange contracts. The
Interview with Olexander Topchylo (Better) is the second publication within the "ATC Champions League" project. Having won the Automated Trading Championship 2007, this professional trader caught the attention of investors. Olexander says that his first place in the ATC 2007 is one of the major...
[Deleted]
  Regularity and irregular TFs  (67   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
I did not know that such a miracle exists https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/7673, it opens new horizons) Do patterns, if they exist and depend on the TF, apply to non-standard ones? I understand a pattern as something created by the masses (not necessarily conscious) or individual players, whose actions
  EA N7S_AO_772012  (675   1 2 3 4 5 ... 67 68)
L3 version
[Deleted]
Hi, I have a problem getting the levelcolor of a FibonacciChannel object. For testing, I put a fibonacci channnel object on the chart and name it "test_fiboObj", then execute this code: ObjectSet("test_fiboObj", OBJPROP_LEVELCOLOR, Red); color fiboColor = ObjectGet("test_fiboObj"...
[Deleted]
Hi all,I wrote a EA which facilitate live trading operations, and it works correctly when attached to a single symbol chart, but mess up thins when attached to multiple syble charts.What I mean is: when attached to multiple charts, EA ( upon input from the trader ) opens a trade operation on a...
[Deleted]
Hi, I can not consult my history account in one selected day of the calendar, why?, it produces no results at all, but it works when I select two days but never one single day, I mean I select the same day in the start calendar and the same day in the end calendar. I hope somebody may help me. PD:...
  Best Volume  (1)
Hey Every1, I need to find out what options we have in MQL for working with volumes/sizes. We do get the best market bit and ask prices, but how do we find what amount is the user willing to buy or sell? Regards, Master
Hi All, Is it possible to hide the limit orders from broker in the expert advsisor.I know there are spread control,hiding stop loss functions avalaible, If it is possible can anyone give an example on how to hide it?
[Deleted]
This is a simple algorithm I'm using in all my EA for a long time and proof working, so they are all setting in pips for this related topic, and automatic changed into the platform specific Points. The reason for creating this is because I have seen there are many not wise implementation. Function...
[Deleted]
I am trying to add to an EA when price reaches a TakeProfit level then reduce the open position to half lot size which then goes to a trailing stop. I figured I would check to see if the current open order is the same lot size as originally defined in the EA and if price is greater than the
  Array into Array  (3)
Hi, i have an array with s/r-areas from h4 (srh4[]) and i want to include this array into another array which contains the d1-date (srd1[]). afterwards i want to filter out the double entries. is this possible? which function do i have to use to include one array into another? how can i filter out...
Hello world! I want to know how to create an EA with dynamic compilation (F5) for example every 20 seconds. I saw that the F5 function was defined by VK_F5 (Thanks Coders Guru!). But how to run? this is my EA **********************************...
Can some tell me how to use EA for selected trading account only, i see if we use EA in the Terminal all acount will triger no matter is real account or demo account.
[Deleted]
1. One question is how to change the price on the backstage, chinese version one 2. Where to download MT4 server of Manager, data feeds, administrator and such as can view two separate price such as ask and bid price and control panel to control the front trading platform as well. Please give the
  need help with no sound  (12   1 2)
i have the wierdest problem.. i have no sound for alerts for my Oanda MT4 platform. I do have sound with another MT4 platform. I have called Oanda and they have no solution. I have enabled sounds under tools/options/events, and have also tried a test of sound in the alert tab in the terminal where...
[Deleted]
Does anybody know of any research into the properrelationship between stop loss, profit target and trailing stop levels? Firstly, the levels would of course vary between different time frames – thelonger the frame, the larger the values. Assuming that one can calculate the optimum stop loss foreach...
Hello, there. I am thinking of writing an EA that can profit from manipulation actions in the markets. The idea is to identify manipulation early and follow its direction (usually down) and then follow a reverse trend (or bounce). I am thinking of using volume and momentum indicators in combination...
Forum, I was wondering if there is anyway by which I can call a custom indicator from another one .. like making use of a iCustom( ) in an already customed indicator? Please how can I do this if its possible?
How many people here use price action instead of indicators in their EAs? How successful have you been so far?
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I have made an indicator which plots horizontal lines on a chart. Each line has a label using the following code: ObjectCreate("label", OBJ_TEXT, 0, TimeCurrent(), value); ObjectSetText("label",label, 8, "Arial", text_colour);...
  No grail?  (84   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
zoritch 29.04.2011 23:26 I tried all indicators that either give alerts or visual buy/sell signals, so I ran them with a straight and reverse EA where the signals just swap places... I have run about fifty of them... Profits end up going fifty-fifty... It turns out it's all bullshit, just noise
[Deleted]
Hello ; for example for the profit : we use : AccountProfit(); but I don't know ho to get the level of stop Loss and Take Profit ?? thanks
Hi, I'm new here. Hope someone can help. I'm looking for an indicator which will plot Price divided by a SMA (simple moving average ). Would anyone know if there is already one available? I have looked through MQL4 indicator libraries, but haven't been able to find one. There are a couple similar
Hello everyone. I am trying to write a piece of code to add to my EA that will allow a choice of getting/redeaing tick data from CSV files (so I can test with real market data, but not with generated by the tester). I think I need to open a file in the init function, but read data (date, time,...
Are there any tools available for helping with setting indentation correctly and allowing an EA writer to see which curly braces are closing which earlier braces (e.g. through using the same colour as in Excel)? I spend a lot of time thinking this through and I'm sure that some of my thinking could