General - page 779

Hi, I'm new to forex trading and MQL5, I want to open a discussion between these two typical strategies, what are the advantages and disadvantages of each strategy? I'm kind of confused cause I'm new to trading. Advices are welcomed, thanx
Helo experts i want to earn 10$ to 20$ per day can any one ANYYY ONEEEE pleasee help me pleaseeeeTHANKS
What credentials does it take for a part time trader to become a full time professional trader?
Hi, I was wondering what are the issues ,if any when we run an EA based on indicators with specific currencies, let s say "EURUSD" e.g iHigh("EURUSD",PERIOD_D1,1);   on a chart that runs a different symbol than the EA's, let s say "GBPUSD" chart. What are the implications of this divergence? Thanks
[Deleted]
Based on that i want to choose a best internet plan.
Hey, right now i experience a really strange behavior in one of my EAs. I use the code below to calculate a range between two times. It is called in a funcion that is called in the OnTick(). I use the exact same EA on the EURUSD (5 min chart) and the USDJPY (1 min chart). When i start the EA...
Simple question revisiting some fundamental principles. Wondering how do I know how to determine the bestway possible to ride a trend. I use momentum rsi and other other Oscillating indicators but I need to fine tune my methods.. I ve been thinking of a moving average or Rates of change for certain
may i know if my capital is bigger, the copying ratio will auto adjust ?
MqlTradeRequest as documented in https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/constants/structures/mqltraderequest has "position" field and "position_by" field --- all indicate the ticket number. But in Chinese version, it is translated as "价格": a major misleading translation!
Hello everybody! I hope all of you are doing well! I have some questions that I would appreciate if anyone could answer.  1. Does automated trading really work? I mean, I have seen some eas doing great jobs in backtesting, but is this real? Do anyone of you (or someone you know) that makes a living...
  Earn a living  (12   1 2)
Does any of you earn a living programming in MQL4/5?
[Deleted]
Hi Brokers charges triple swap for positions rollover from Wednesday to Thursday due to T+2 settlement.  But what about for positions rollover from Thursday to Friday?? It will be settled on next Tuesday and therefore it also incurred swap for Saturday and Sunday. doesn't it? So why not Brokers...
  Sharpe ratio  (4)
Pals, Just a question, im triying yo get some useful info form statistics, and I have 2 questions. 1. Does Sharpe ratio measured in a yearly basis, or daily, weekly? Its important to know this in order to apply Square root corrections. 2. When calculated, is ti taking into account MAE and MFE for
Can anyone help me to understand why "allow modification of signals settings" is missing? This is my buddies account - he downloaded MT5 and his broker said it's not an issue on their end. Myself and several others have not ran into this issue before. If anyone has an idea as to why this is, it...
Hello I would like to subscribe directly via mt4 a signal but I find there no search function? Is it somehow possible to search for a signal by name or number?
  Wizards  (4)
Hi all, ive been watching videos on how to compile an EA and some of the videos show people using a wizard bypassing the need to have to learn code Are these something which I have to pay for and can anyone suggest which are the better ones? cheers
Hello I'm trying to open an account and its telling me accounts aren't avalible in Canada... How can I make an account?
Hi all,  I would like to ask if there is an API for using Demo Servers outside the MT4/5 platform ?  I can't find any valid information about that question. I saw the fix protocol but i am not sure what this protocol can be used for the demo account too. The goal is to build a custom solution like...
how are you all my dears please any body can help me to added notification in crossing thanks
I am sure this has probably been brought up before, but is there an EA or add on that will allow you to execute multiple entries at the same price. For example if I wanted to do a 5 pip quick scalp but wanted to have say 5 positions at the same price, other than trying to click buy or sell really
Has anyone found or made an Indicator that you can add to the chart and it changes the chart tab name? It doesn't look like there a way to do it on MT5 however I know indicator  can change the name  attached photo  https://imgur.com/a/IL2TGkD I have a hotforex indicator that adds a trade terminal,...
Hi, I tried to become a seller on mql5, but they said my passport picture have been edited, so i got rejected ( it has been croped ). So i took another picture with a better background, so no need again to be cropped, but till few weeks, i'm still waiting my case to be resolved, but still  no answer...
  Help  (1)
Hello I am looking for an indicator that disables and activates the expert Advisor automatically with the hour and minutes (like that of Icefx) except that I want the opposite activate the EA during a news about 5 to 10 min then it disables the EA thanks:)
Is there such a script where a new order closes all?
Hey community! Let's say you liked a signal provider and you downloaded their stats. What's the timezone in that spreadsheet and is there a way to match it to your own graph
Hi new to mt5, just wondering if its possible to set an order to buy at market once the bid line has crossed a certain level so instead of a buy stop using the ask, it issues a buy order once the bid line has crossed? Can do this wih jforex platforms is it possible here? Cheers
My Phone got stolen lost my sim and old number I tried to do a sim swap or recovery it was a lost case so I just let it be and got a new sim and number, but now i have a problem changing my phone number on web terminal  because they send a verification number to both phone numbers . The old number...
I am having internal 4001 error with backtesting visual mode and objects with the new build 1983 Is it possible to downgrade?
Hello. I realized that the most effective trading method is buy/sell at breakout of resistances/supports. It's a method that works most of the times if a trend indicator is used in addiction. And that's the point, "most" of the times not "all", because sometimes price breaks support/resistance but a...