General - page 1830

The first month of Registration at Automated Trading Championship 2006 nears to its end. Over 300 developers of mechanical trading systems have submitted their data to participate. 95 of them have already completed their registration, and their experts are being exposed to the final tests. The list...
Hello! I am new to forex. Could anybody help me to write MT4 expert advisor for this trading system. The system uses 15min GBPUSD chart. The graphical representation of the system can be obtained here: http://www.seminar.ee/expert.jpg The system uses 2 simple moving averages: - SMA 40 (yellow...
  Hi Everyone...  (26   1 2 3)
Hi Everybody..... Hi, I'm ksbyun (nickname Josh) and it's good to meet you. As a newcomer in this forex field, I hope to be helped and to help others... I am interested to make my expert advisor in MT4. And that's all now. Have a happy time! ksbyun
Hi All, I wish to program my forex trading strategy into the automated trading system provided by Forex broker InterbankFX. The system apparently uses MQL from MetaTrader of which I have no experience. Are there any traders or programmers out there who are fluent in this programming language who
  New Firebird EA  (255   1 2 3 4 5 ... 25 26)
I started here a new fresh thread about further improvement based on Firebird EA v0.63G engine that seems actually the best version ever made with incredible performance tested by a lot of users in old post. How it works Firebird ? Firebird calculates a 10 day SMA and then shifts it up and down
I always wanted this information, and now I did the research and calculated the average daily move of most of the currencies played. Whether it be from high to low or low to high, these are the pip moves both in last 2 months and as far back historically that my history file has data (515 Days)....
in terminal, under the expert window, this message: "Error opening SELL order: 130" what does this mean? The worthless interbankfx will not answer my question, Don't use this broker if you don't have too. The bigger they get the worst they get. Thanks in advance MKH
the following code outputs a red vertical line LineName = TimeToStr(CurTime()); ObjectCreate(LineName,OBJ_VLINE,0,CurTime(),Ask,0,0,0); how do i make it a yellow or other color line?
Hi, i've tested this EA in backtest mode and the results seem good, so i was thinking in letting this ea run in my demo account for a few time to see the results. The problem is that when it is in "live trading" a error message appears as you will see. You will have to wait until the EA "decides" to...
The title says what I'm doing. Here is a photo I produced. On the photo every red sign is a point followed with an at least 20 pip down movement. Every blue sign is a point followed with an at least 20 pips up movement. The x value is MACD main value at 5 tf. The y value is difference between MACD
  MT4 APIs  (2)
Hello all, Any idea where I can find the APIs for MT4? I'm new to these stuff, so for example how do I know what parameters I need to pass to iMACD function? Thanks
[Deleted]
  Help  (1)
Could someone make this EA in mq4? it´s easy to understand Thanks in advance
Hi All, Are the attached results good enough to start forward testing or do I need to optimize more? Date Range: 2005.01.01 - 2006.08.28 Data Source: Alpari history data Your feedback and experience is very wellcome. Many thanks in advance. Mr. Krebs
Is there any way to find out during what times, connection with the broker's server were lost? I would like to find out a way to record that along with the proof that my internet connection was working that time. I am tired of disconnects by the broker and would like to use that as proof. Can...
  Changing Times  (3)
Hi It must be the lack of sleep but I cannot remember how to change the timescales - I want MT to give me the local time in London rather than GMT + 1 Any ideas ? Thanks
last week neuimex did not update usdchf for long time so i got corrupted charts;what should i do to fix that ?
  indicator 5_34_5  (1)
Hello I have some questions about this MT4 indicator "5_34_5" found here http://www.xeatrade.com/trading/11/%20/330.html 1. How to interpret it? How to use it? Does it give buy/sell signal? If yes, what are their? 2. When is better to trade using this indicator : range or trend? 3. What is the...
How to print .mq4 files width syntax color? MetaEditor cannot print code with syntax color. :( Thank you. PS. Could you split this forum in many main subject forum?
I am trying to use the Hans123Trader_v8m1_1 EA with an Interbank FX demo account but it isn't placing any trades. I have all 19 currency pair charts up with the happy face symbol indicating that live trading is turned on. Anyone know why it isn't entering trades?
is there a ea for this indicator or could one be written. just a simple view open position and reverse position same lots at the cross
Need help please.. on how to set up & run 2 MT4 Live accounts on one computer to run at same time. I have one up now.. but don't know how to create a second one other than in the same MT4 platform. Please Help. Thanks, Ron
  Parabolic  (1)
hi, anyone can advise on the settings of the psar indicator in different TF? ty
I seem to be having a problem lately of my demo account expiring every 1-2 weeks. I have a live account as well but I test out EA's on my demo account, and it's hard to get an accurate forward testing session going when every week or so my demo account says "Invalid account" and I have to open a new...
  MANAGED accounts  (35   1 2 3 4)
Hi to everybody, I want to know how much a trader will ask to manage a forex acc.? Example: Starting capital: 50k Monthly proftit: 5k How much money takes the trader? 10% of the profit or more? Thanks alot
I have been looking around this forum for this indicator but have no idea what it is called. It is the indicator with the word extreme overshoot, overshoot, ultimate resistance etc etc etc.... could someone point me where to get this indicator. thanx in advance
Hi everyone, My very small EA is not counting the bars properly..... I thought that if I'm in a 5' chart window, it would do it, but it does not. So because I'm new at this, I'm trying with something very small, just delivering buy stops and sell stops at 20 pips from the last bar high and low. It...
I have an EA I did quickly using a template I have found on the net. It seems to work fine executing the BUY/SELL entries. However, it is not executing the exit code. Would someone please check it out and make the necessary corrections? It is a simple MA cross using a fast EMA3 and couple EMAs
Hello, What is the proper way to exit from a running EA programatically? I've tried returning various values in Start(), like return(-1), return(1), etc and I've tried calling Deinit(), but neither seem to work. I want the EA to exit on certain conditions... Thanks, Cubesteak
I'm trying to test two EA's on every pair but two EA's can't be traded on the same chart right? When I create another demo account the EA's carry over to the new demo and when I try to remove them it removes them from both accounts. I am using Interbank FX demo accounts. Has anyone else has this...