General - page 1814

Dear Metatrader developers! What do the Lowest and Highest functions return? Why do I ask such a question? The description of these functions is confusing. When analyzing why ZigZag included into MetaTrader does not work correctly, I faced the fact that it is unclear what the above functions return
This sample trade only one. What change in this EA to trade 1 by symbol ? Thanks.
I found this idea on one forum, but it seems to have very good potential so I put it into an expert but it does not seem to work well, any ways, the idea is to : Buy 15 pips higher than yesterdays high and Sell 15 pips below yesterdays low, targetsand stoplosses are as follows: GBPUSD 40 pips and 30...
What is Foreign Exchange / Forex / FX? Foreign exchange is the simultaneous purchase of one currency and sale of another – currencies are always traded in pairs. International currencies are traded on floating exchange rates. There is a daily average turnover of about US$1.5 trillion in the foreign...
Hi, Could anybody please help me: I need a 4_lines_MA: 5,10,20,30, with 4 colors of course. Since using a template would deletes original trendlines, which is my main tool, I just can't build a 4 MA template ...... I also searched through http://www.lightpatch.com/forex/_MT4_Indicators/ but...
  Gold Trading  (8)
Brokerage Demo Account on MT4 trading Gold? What brokers allow you to demo trade gold? Please list them here. Thanx. COTtrader
Hey guys, we're going to have new site design and official logo very soon, most likely at this weekend. Since this is a community, made up of many individuals, I would like to have the official logo picked by you guys. Please vote for the logo that you like the most; the logo that has the highest...
[Deleted]
Finding the value of 1 pip per 1 lot of a pair I am trying to write a Money management subroutine for an EA that I am working on, and I am having difficulties calculating what 1 pip is worth per lot. Is there a built in function in MQL to get this? Or do I have to write a routine myself?? Thanks...
Hi everyone, I would like to start this thread to try to collect the winners of the automated championship, has anyone been able to get the ea of Hercules by Vince Wells. its currently at no.1, $10,000 has grown to $25,000 in one month.
Metaquotes Hi, I must start by saying I cant sing enough praises for this dealing station and all it's capabilities. I wanted to put forth a constructive suggestion re the Strategy Tester though and it's a rather simple one. Although I realize you can check the optimization results at anytime...
why MT4 mobile can't run expert on PDA
anyone else havin probs getting connected to interbank,i know the new severs were going up this weekend but was ok until this morning now cant get connected and the site is also down????????????
Hi, Can somebody tell me the advantage and disadvantage of use EL vs MQL? Thanks, Ed
G'day all, I'm running strategy tester, and price is blowing through the stoploss, without reflecting this action in the reports/graphs. Is there anyway to make this happen so that the graph more closely represents what is happening? Thanks Mark
Watch out for this guy!! He posted this on the eurox2 thread. Whose other EA's will he take? vykhukholev Junior Member Join Date: Oct 2006 Posts: 4 vykhukholev: hallo, i would like to have asap completion of these latest version of x2euro ea. to including all bug fix and enhances. it look like a...
Is it possible to add a magic number or comment to a manually placed order so it will be adopted by an EA? thanks
I'm builing an ea I can use over and over to make new ea from a standard format. When I was recently inputting a holiday safety feature for interbankfx i created long ago, I decided to experiment a little with using functions. Now, no matter what i do when i try to call two variables, (DayOff, and...
  Forex Tips  (12   1 2)
some tips here 1. Read both the books by Mark Douglas which cover trading psychology BEFORE you read or do anything else. If you don’t, I’ll say I told you so when you hit a failure barrier and don’t know w 2. Stop loss policy - you MUST have one and practice, more practice and even more practice...
I have never paid attention until recently, but when calculating the swap for my fxdd trades i noticed that the positive interest trades are right on the money and the negative swaps are inflated! What gives? I am basing this on the SWAP values returned to the platform via MarketInfo("CURRENCY"...
Hi, I found this indicator is really useful. I wonder if someone can make it ot an indicator with arrows on the chart for each pantern shown in the PDF file? I have attached the indicator and the introduction of the use of this indicator. Thanks
is this sls-gc9p2.dca2.superb.net has anything to do with MT4? cos my demo metaquotes login is connect to that address... is it ok?
Hi Guys, Is there any website on which you can read the news straight away or a realtime news.... Thanks
Hi folks, Please give this aerticle a look and tell me what do you think? : http://www.metatrader.info/node/173
I have built an EA mixing TDSGlobal and MACD samples. The buys and sells and trailingStops work, but not the Pending Order Management when my conditions are triggered. I have messages "MarketOrder #XXXXX cannot be deleted. Where am I wrong ? Help will be appreciate. Thanks in advance. Jo
  Visualisation  (3)
Hello traders, Does it exist another mean or another software that would allow showing the orders working and eventually the historic one of his account without for that to have to install a metatrader station ? In fact, does had this idea while looking at the terminal of the championship through a...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006 the article "General Statistics of the First 4 Weeks" has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/63/). The article deals with analyses of all Championship Participants' equities. The experts are ranked and distributed by...
Courtesy of the Motley Fool It was a huge week for news, and there are financial repercussions all around. So prepare yourself to hear the headlines you've heard all over again -- this time through a macro Foolish filter. 1. The market goes on to impress - What happened? The Dow continued to...
Dow Jones Industrial Average Crosses 12,000 for the 1st Time, Then Pulls Back https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://marketivaforex.com NEW YORK (AP) -- The Dow Jones industrial average swept past 12,000 for the first time Wednesday, extending its march into record territory as investors grow...
Hi Guys, Anybody knows if there is an easy way to forward test EAs ...like a group or fourm and see the performance of it.... Thanks