General - page 1812

[Deleted]
Wondering if anyone has seen an MT4 version of this VT indicator? If not can anyone convert it to MT4 please?
hi all, hows the forex treating yous?? good i hope is there an ea out there that can sound an alarm = when an order is closed, when a market order is opened, im learning a new heding system that is supposed to be full prof, and after reading up on it seems very promising, need an alarm system for...
On the fibo tool, I found out how to get the price of the fib level to show using %$ - is there a symbol also for showing the absolute change in pips from the "0" level at each level ?
[Deleted]
I'm relatively new to MT4. I have lots of charts on my setup, and I want to globally change the background colour and EMA colours without having to reset my custom indicators. Is there a quick way to do this? Many thanks for your help.
  25-34 strategy  (3)
if there is to you 1000$ and your open trade 10$ pips . if win 34 pips loss is 25 pips 1000-250+340=1000 i need 24 trades neto to arrive 1.000.000 if was 1 loss need 1 win + 24 wins if was 2 loss need 2 win + 24 wins if was 10 loss need 10 win + 24 wins i need 60% or 70% win trades how do this?
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the Interview with Alexander Egorov (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/68/) has been published. The developer did not reveal all secrets of his expert advisor, but he still told about his vision concerning automated trading systems...
  Stream MT4 data into excel  (35   1 2 3 4)
Hi I know how to stream MT4 data into excel My question is it possible to stream data from 5 or more MT4 brokers into the same excel spread sheet? thanks
The new MetaTrader 4 build 199 has been released: 1. Removed Multilanguage Pack, the distributive size decreased to 3 MByte; 2. Tester: Reduced limitations on the amount of passes in genetic optimization (minimum 200 passes); 3. Tester: Imrpoved fractal modeling of a bar. Now more smoothed...
Hey, I really want to develop a simple EA based on your indicator: BrainTrend1Sig1. I just want it to buy at the "buy or sell" dot, then close the trade each time the opposing dot appears. THATS IT. No SL, no TP, no anything else. Is that possible? Is there a programmer who can do that for me that...
[Deleted]
no longer required
Maybe anyone knows what would be the parameters for this indicator shown on the pic? Thanks, Vince
Hi, while LocalTime() - ie PC time - and CurTime() - ie server time - are available in MT4, this does nothing to help timed EAs, eg execute orders at 00:00 GMT, or only operate during European session. Can I suggest that a GMTtime() function is added to MT4? This would either need to refer to the...
I need help getting my first Expert Advisor to work in Strategy Tester. The attached debugEA.mq4 is a short, simplified version which fails in the same manner. This version waits for a new hourly candle and the SMA8 crossing SMA24 to open and close trades. The problem is that when I run it in...
  Custom time frame  (10)
Hi, Is anyone knows how to create custom timeframe in MT4? There is default time frame such as M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4 and so on. But I wonder if there is a way to create M120 or H2, for instance. Any suggestion is very much appreciated. Have a nice day
I need help. I want to use Elliot Wave analysis but it's difficult to count it maybe by coding it to Meta trader languages can help to fix this. I need it. Please help me. Thanks.
Has anyone seen any feedback, or used a system called "Tactical Trend Trading" by Stephen Pierce ?? It is available online, as an ebook.
  DLL Question  (3)
Hello, Although familiar with MT4 and VB6, I am having a hard time following the DLL C++ sample code. I have a language called purebasic, which can create true DLL's that MT4 & vb6 can use. I can pass data from MT4 out via the DLL, but I'm lost as how to pass data from the DLL back to MT4. Could...
Hi, this has uncovered sloppy coding on my part more than anything else. While variables are initialised to zero or "" when declared, the contents of arrays are not. In fact, they (usually?) contain the value stored in the previous execution of start(). At least this is certainly the case with...
Hi guys, I need two very simple EMA indicators that has been working very well for the backtesting. Although there're false signals but it is very minimal especially on 4-H and daily chart. Ok here's how: I've three EMAs shown on a chart; 4-EMA, 9-EMA and 18-EMA. This set of EMAs I've read it from a...
Hello,is there anybody who have a vermillion expert advisor? Please let me know.
What is indicator on this picture ?, can i have it for free. Thanks
Hello everyone, I've been using this manual system with a lot of success over the past few years however I can't seem to find someone skilled enough to code it for me...Hopefully we can put our skills together and come up with something that we can use.....let's call it "Phreaky Phorex Trader"........
Hey everyone. I have a quick question. I was wondering how good the data feed is for MT4 from Interbank (demo acct). Is it worth even using? I only use it for charts but I believe their may be another free data feed I can use for MT4 Demo. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would...
I am not sure if what I want to do is possible or not, but here goes. Say I have two indicators which I do not know what they do for the life of me especially if the source code is not available. I just know when they are agreement in color along with some other indicators then its an entry for a...
  3bar break  (5)
High, i made this simple expert for a friend, and now he wants to only allow one trade on the same direction. So if there's a buy position open, the expert wont open another buy position; and if there's a sell position open, the expert wont open another sell position. Could someone help me? Thanks...
Hello, I have written a DLL for MT4 which I add to the chart as part of an indicator. The DLL works great. My problem is that if MT4 is closed down, and then restarted, the DLL fails to update the indicator. If I remove the indicator and then add it again to the chart, the DLL returns to normal. Is
Hi can anybody out there tell me if its possible build an Expert advisor that buys/sells a currency at a certain time then close it at a certain time/stop loss or profit? For example if I wanted to buy/sell AUD/USD at 8.00AM GMT then (provided profit or stop losses haven't been hit) close at 10...
http://www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/databank.php I wanted to get some 1M data to do some backtesting but I can't find it anywhere on the Alpari sight anymore. The link above doesn't work either. Anyone know what happend?
I have an indicator that I want to print text objects on the chart, however, I want them to be on the right upper corner of the charts instead of the left upper corner. How do I code this in the indicator?
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the "Championship Report: Fifth Week" has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/66/). It briefly summarizes the results of the week. Hendrick scored off Vdiddi38 and took the first place. The third place was taken by...