General - page 1744

Is it possible to capture real time data, store it in a given directory and fetch that data and plot is as an indicator to see how different brokers "behave" in terms of price
  Spreads  (1)
Slawa, is it possible to retrive the spreads, the same way price and volume data are retrived from the history ? The broker has historical data saved in its server, but no spread info is available.. many brokers widen their spreads during news time... which is strange, because there is a high...
Hi here is this fairly good indicator that follows trends nicely, but its hard to use because it works best on 4hr charts and you really need to open the position when the arrow first pops up. And of course in order to do that youd have to watch the charts for days constantly to get it on time. It...
Hi there, I would like to either create or modify an indicator to display the spread between the %K and %D lines as a histogram. The scale of this spread would be -50 to 50. Ideally, the histogram would overlay the lines (but the lines have a different scale of 0 to 100 - so not sure this is...
[Deleted]
I want leverage 1:400, demo ok, but live only 200? Why? mail from ibfx --------------------- Your live account is a mini account and we don’t change the leverage of mini accounts because at 200:1 you are offered the same margin call stop out level as 400:1. Se explanation below and if you have...
[Deleted]
  Mahilosystem on GBPJPY  (22   1 2 3)
hi, need forex buddies
I'm working on my first EA and I need help grabbing the value of RSI(5,3,3). This is what I have so far: double RSIMain, RSISignal;RSIMain = iRSI(NULL,0,5,PRICE_CLOSE,0); RSISignal = iRSI(NULL,0,3,PRICE_CLOSE,1); Comment("RSIMain is ",RSIMain,"\n","RSISignal is ",RSISignal);[/CODE] I just did the...
[Deleted]
I need your help to make an EA code for my daily strategy, could someone help me to make this simple EA??? ===Position time == (The market hour is following the broker server time.) Start Hour: "default=8:00" End Hour : "default= false" Position time Note: IF "false", means the position time is not...
Pretty pleeeeez? Here's the deal. Ok, Ive bought 20 or so EA's off EBay and other sites and all have been scam jobs. Those costed me about roughly $7K. Plus, I lost about another $10K or so because they were all crap and the author was either a liar or didn't respond to emails. Next, I bought...
[Deleted]
Is there a way to scroll through charts one candle at a time without doing the obvious (carefully moving the mouse to shift the screen hoping you don't mess up and scroll overzealously)? My method is a manual system and I really need to be able to shift the chart one candle at a time to know how...
I am constantly impressed by how helpful and friendly the forex trading community is. Hopefully someone will help me. I would appreciate your coding help. Here is my strategy that I want coded into an EA. It is a simple inside bar (harami candle) strategy that looks for inside bars but only within...
Hello Traders I have testing this Strategy for some months with great result and i need help to create EA. The strategy is here. 30 min candlesticks chart (EUR/USD or USD/CHF) Awesome Oscillator (on MT4 i use Value Up Green and Value Down red) Parabolic Sar (0.02, 0.2) Long Entry The parabolic SAR...
[Deleted]
I need your help to make an EA code for my daily strategy, could someone help me to make this simple EA??? ===Position time == (The market hour is following the broker server time.) Start Hour: (default=8) End Hour : (default= false) Position time Note: if "false", means the posotion time is...
38 Steps To Becoming A Successful Trader 1. We accumulate information - buying books, going to seminars and researching. 2. We begin to trade with our 'new' knowledge. 3. We consistently 'donate' and then realise we may need more knowledge or information. 4. We accumulate more information. 5. We...
Sorry for the attention grabbng headline, but I need help. I have become so annoyed over the weekend that I should probably have posted this thread on Sunday and early today would have had an answer already. I want to make use of the standard fibonacci channel indicator on the meta platform....
Hi Slawa, I have while(true) loop in my EXPERT with RefreshRates( ) funcition within the loop. The expert communicate with my indicator by Set/Get GlobalVariables() only.. no iCustom() I would expect that the expert would loop until the loop ends by break. However, while looping it will...
Hello MetaQuotes, I often run into this problem as stated in the title. More specificaly, the terminal is connected but IsConnected() function returns false. As far as I remember it only happens when I am connected through FXDD. By the color of the 'Connection status' symbol I guess I'm...
Not sure if this should be the right place in the forum, but I am looking to see if anyone has traded the HEDGESTREET Exchange. You place a bid on whether or not the Euro/ USD will be at a certain level at the close of the trading day. The price flow up and down durring the day, so I was wondering...
  Programming Modules  (11   1 2)
I have made notes as I have learned the hows on coding. I am sharing them with the forum. Please add additional examples to programming different things in a indicator or EA to this thread. To view the different modules, you will have to have Microsoft Word after you unzip the file. I hope these...
Hi All, New to MT4 programming. I have most of my EA programmed but I wasn't sure how to determine the following: 1. How do I know when a pending order becomes an open order (i.e. filled)? I checked the documentation but I couldn't find how to distinguish between these two. 2. Is the only way to...
Hello. Is it possible to run more than one EA on the same account but downloading MT4 to different folders,thus having more than one MT4 Open but on the same account with different EA'S running. I only want to run one EA on each platform as even with magic numbers they seem to conflict with each...
Hallo everybody! i am looking for simple scirpt in MT4 platform. everybody uses for monitoring their open positions terminal window, but is it possible to get opened positions or pending order situation on the chart, in right or left upper corner! so if somebody knows, please help me! thanks , and...
[Deleted]
Hi all, Is it possible to make a deal through other brokers? I am currently using EFX Navigator from MB Trading and have an Expert Advisor running on MetaTrader Any pointers would be much appreciated Thanks in advance. Phil
I think many users would apreciate this in metaeditor: 1. Line numbers 2. Code stretch/hide to functions and conditions, (the +/-{...}) 3. The vertical scrollbar to work properly when it have more than 312 lines of code Thanks
Notes for the Kalman filter with Auto Gain. How I use this: I am currently mostly using this tool in a manner similar to Bollinger bands, using the trendline to determine the strength and direction of the trend, and the exterior lines as guides for buing and selling. Samples: The number of bars you...
Hi, Is there any "indicator" which would give me a sound warning when there is a quick change of the price in one minute (or 2). For example, when the price exceeds change of 15 pips in last 60 seconds, it would give me a sound warning. Is this possible to make? Anyway, it has to check from each
im new to forex and im notice tha some pairs are moving in opposite direction,i'm right that happen some times?or some pairs are moving all time opposite?wich is the predictable pairs that moving all time opposite?and finaly,is that a good way for a hedging strategy? p.s sorry for my english
  Grid Trading!  (1)
hi guys, I want to demo and experience the GRID TRADING , does someone have a good EA I can use and I will appreciate if you can direct me to links to get more info on it