New MetaTrader 4 Platform Build 920: Faster operation and managing a visual test from the configuration file - page 3

fractalfreak:

Hello,

all my MT4s suddenly crash during launch.

It all used to be fine beforehand.

I use Windows 7.

Same issue on 3 different PCs. Any idea what this could be?

Thx, FF

Something wrong in one indicator or EA you are running.

See if that helps.

Hi,

When I launch a backtest the MT4 build 920 crash.

I have only 1 EA which work in backtest with the 920 version. I copy/paste the mq4 code of this EA into a new file, I compile the code, I backtest this EA and the MT4 crash.......... this 920 version is very bad !!!

How to install/run an oldest version of MT4 because I can't work with this version?

I use Windows 7 (64 bits).

The problem is not in the version. The problem lies in poor automatic update.
After starting the XP mode (in W7 64 bit)  and install the new version of the platform all the indicators and EA working.
Also, after reinstallation (W7 64 bit) MT4 build 920 works with all indicators and no crashes.
The problem is definitely badly done an upgrade :((
And the question is who will pay the reinstallation of the OS?

Hello,

we all experience the same issue since the new update:

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=8627772

MT4 crashes as soon as any custom indis are attached.

Please be so kind to fix the issue as soon as possible.

Thx

PLEASE fix as soon as possible.

Also, how can an automatic Mt4 update be prevented?

Thx

I had the same problem with my custom MT4 indicator crashing MT4 builds 920, 921, 924 when the MT4 was installed on Windows 7 Professional, or on Windows 2012.

I have not tested it on Windows 8 or on Windows 7 Home Edition, or on Windows 10.

BUT the indicator does work fine on Build 920 when installed on Windows 2008 R2 Standard [Service Pack 1 Build 7601] (I had to use a vps that has Windows 2008).

(Note: The Windows 2008 operating system on my VPS has not had a Windows Update in awhile...So if you test your indicator on a Windows 2008 and it still crashes the MT4 it could be a recent Windows update that is causing a incompatibility issue, but I don't know for sure).

Do you know how I can get back to 920 or before?

Seems like my broker installs newer versions automatically.

Thx

Reason: