For Discussion : Developer and clients

hi all 

that is just topic for discussion .. i really can't find answer any where ........

now every one all over the world know that good algorithm is some thing rare 

and coding correct EA or indicator that is valuable .. not any programmer understand the Trading algorithms and can code good 

and high quality algorithms .. 

the problem for discussion is : why the price of EAs and indicators are very vey low and not worth its effort and time ??????

for me as professional programmer ...  i see clients here ask for very complicated tasks like Pattern recognition or harmonic .. and ask to do it with price 30$ 

and they think the price is very high for the idea .. 

why the programmers accept that ?? any respectful programmer know coding such files take days 

and the client don't understand that ... 

why the programmers accept such low prices ??? 

i need to hear from developer and from clients as well .. why you ask for low prices and make the programmers feel like they are not humans or not worth their time and effort ??

can you please tell me your opinion about that maybe that lead us for better good understanding of that conflict .

Thank you .

I do not intend to disrespect anyone. But there are some important points here:
1. Most programmers are from low-income countries. Therefore, their main concern is to earn a decent income in the country where they live. Thirty dollars may be considered a high income in their country.
2. Customers always look for the lowest prices in their first attempts. This is the general behavior of all human beings. Some of them eventually find that they have to pay more to get a better product or service.
3. Some customers are from low-income countries and send work orders as an intermediary. For these people, cheapness is the most important thing. Because the less money they pay, the higher their profit margin when selling.

Another psychological issue is selling dreams is always easy. What I mean is you can present your product or service in a fake manner and still there are buyers. Those buying dreams lack the minimum common sense to asses what is going on in reality. 

Commonly observed in this industry is the adage: "you get what you pay for." This succinctly captures the essence that quality programming demands a commensurate investment, whereas opting for cheaper alternatives often leads to subpar results. I often find myself in disagreement with clients who expect to procure an expert capable of crafting a sophisticated program spanning thousands of lines for a mere $30 or $50, along with additional conditions and strategies that frequently prove ineffective. Consequently, they return dissatisfied, lamenting the lack of profitability in the executed code, leaving both parties feeling as though valuable time has been wasted. It is crucial to establish transparency with clients and candidly communicate when their envisioned strategy is unlikely to yield profitable results. Some eventually recognize the necessity of investing more to secure the services of a competent programmer capable of delivering a functional strategy. Unfortunately, many clients hastily decide to proceed with coding based solely on a YouTube video, disregarding the nuanced complexities that determine the success of such endeavors.

Within the MQL5 platform, a proliferation of individuals purporting to be proficient coders exists, yet many lack genuine expertise and resort to automated source code generation via online source code generators, resulting in substandard quality. Regrettably, these individuals have no first hand experience in writing code. Despite this deficiency, they market and sell such inadequately generated source codes to unsuspecting clients.

I want to add something else. Generally products has to be cheap here for several reasons:

1. They cannot guarantee profitability(especially this is true for EAs).

2. The platforms involved in executing those products have serious issues themselves. Which means the best thing you program won't guarantee bypassing errors in MetaTrader platform or complications the brokers have in execution procedure.  

Also we have to accept that good coders won't need to stay in queue of freelance section to get a job. So those in the queue have to compete through price when they have no quality to offer.

Yashar Seyyedin #:
I do not intend to disrespect anyone. But there are some important points here:
1. Most programmers are from low-income countries. Therefore, their main concern is to earn a decent income in the country where they live. Thirty dollars may be considered a high income in their country.
2. Customers always look for the lowest prices in their first attempts. This is the general behavior of all human beings. Some of them eventually find that they have to pay more to get a better product or service.
3. Some customers are from low-income countries and send work orders as an intermediary. For these people, cheapness is the most important thing. Because the less money they pay, the higher their profit margin when selling.

1 mostly , for instance 30$ is 1/5 of a Russian salary and 1/100 th of an American salary

But also , many coders have ready made solutions and they "double dip" , but replace "double" with x amount of times it is asked.

They will tell the client it will take 5 days , but it will take 2 hours , the 5 days represents the time it will take considering all other projects that the coder has as well .

Lorentzos Roussos #:

1 mostly , for instance 30$ is 1/5 of a Russian salary and 1/100 th of an American salary

But also , many coders have ready made solutions and they "double dip" , but replace "double" with x amount of times it is asked.

They will tell the client it will take 5 days , but it will take 2 hours , the 5 days represents the time it will take considering all other projects that the coder has as well .

Really 1/5 of Russian salary?

Yashar Seyyedin #:

Really 1/5 of Russian salary?

yeah its ~200$ with a real exchange rate

hold on let me fact check me

Yeah its ~551$ , i was wrong , so 1/20th

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_price_rankings?displayCurrency=USD&itemId=105&region=150

wow India passed Russia 

Lorentzos Roussos #:

yeah its ~200$ with a real exchange rate

hold on let me fact check me

Yeah its ~551$ , i was wrong , so 1/20th

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_price_rankings?displayCurrency=USD&itemId=105&region=150

wow India passed Russia 
Can't imagine what sanctions can do to a economy.
200 USD could be true for Siberia.

Nardus Van Staden #:
dissatisfie

you are correct sir .. 99% of ideas is not profitable .. 

but the clients don't even want to know that .. 

i tried before to educate the client and i tried to explain to his why his idea is not profitable .. 

and it ends with the client insulted me and said i must do what he want .. not what i want .. 

and he hired another programmer just because i tried to say that his idea is not profitable .......

that is really big problem ..... 

Reason: