HELP PLEASE login authorization failed on Meta Trader 5 Windows

I just started using Meta Trader 2 months ago.  I set everything up successfully, logged into a demo trading account, logged into to mql5.commmunity, installed some EA, etc, then holidays..

I just opened it up today and nothing would connect. charts wouldn't update, still two months old. I troubleshooted, its apparent that I cannot login to any accounts ie my demo trading account nor my mql5.community account.

------ details below -------

I cant login to my demo trading account (even created a brand new one today), AND mql5.community on Meta Trade 5 Windows. the journal says invalid account, or authorization failed. Im also getting strange message in journal when trying to open new demo account from meta trade 5. "no demo/preliminary groups on server side"--- all of this leading me to believe that my credentials do work but its not able to communicate with the server(s).  Ive attached photos of my journal log

Troubleshooting I've tried:

I re-installed metatrader5, tested a new install of MetaTrader on windows virtual machine, connected to VPN, HotSpot from phone, but nothing works. I cannot login

Things that do seem to load information from the internet in the toolbox. Calendar, Articles, Codebase, and the Market is browsable.

I can login to both account using the web browser 

I cant figure out where the problem is, it seems like its the servers, that everything on my end is fine. Though I dont see anyone else having this issue.

My setup is Meta Trader 5 on Windows, Trading account eightcap-demo.

Anyone have any ideas. Thank you!!

Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
The fastest VPS server for forex trading from the MetaTrader 4/5 terminal developers
Files:

About Community tab filling in Metatrader -

• Check your login; your login is ccloudbali and not your email.
  • Check your password to be no more than 8 characters.
  • Check Microsoft Edge Webview2 which should be installed on your computer:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Login window on MT5 does not appear

hk.trade, 2024.02.01 22:12

I had similar issue before and it got resolved by installing Microsoft Edge Webview2.

Hopefully this works for you -- download link below

Microsoft Edge WebView2 | Microsoft Edge Developer

--------------------------

About demo account login.
Please note that some brokers (most of them I think) are providing the demo accounts for limited time only. If it is your case so open the other demo account.

By the way, one user had similar issue, and it was suggested to him to check the following:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to contact support?

Sergey T , 2024.02.06 10:27

The broker may have changed the list of its Access Points, or they may be partially or completely accessible from the desktop terminal network.

• Try deleting the account and adding it again through the add a new account window.
  • If it doesn’t help, try deleting the line with the label name in the add new account window and repeat the search for the label, then add the account.
  • If this does not help, try sharing the network of the mobile device on which the connection is being established, or use a VPN.
  • The broker may, for its part, try to limit the number of devices connecting at the same time, check that other sessions are closed.
  • Update your terminal to the latest public beta version from Metaquotes-Demo and try connecting from there.

So, the users deleted trading account from Metatrader and added it once again through the add a new account window - and everything was fixed for him:

Sergey Golubev #:

About Community tab filling in Metatrader -

• Check your login; your login is ccloudbali and not your email.
  • Check your password to be no more than 8 characters.
  • Check Microsoft Edge Webview2 which should be installed on your computer:

--------------------------

About demo account login.
Please note that some brokers (most of them I think) are providing the demo accounts for limited time only. If it is your case so open the other demo account.

By the way, one user had similar issue, and it was suggested to him to check the following:

So, the users deleted trading account from Metatrader and added it once again through the add a new account window - and everything was fixed for him:

Thanks for the reply. I uninstalled meta trader again and reinstalled with the old version AND i repaired the microsoft edge webview2 install (maybe that did it), and it immediately loaded correctly

thank you

Reason: