MetaQuotes ID being used by other users - blowing up MT4 app.

Hello all, 

Here at the beginning of 2024, my MetaQutoes ID has suddenly been started to be used by other users. I have used MT4 app for several years without this issue.

I can see their trade history and even names associated with acct. #.

As well, I receive messages in the app from "users / channels" that I am not desiring info from - this started over the past several months. 

How can I rectify these issues so that I only receive the notifications I desire to?

Thank you.

Change your password to a more secure one?

Jeffrey Welk: Here at the beginning of 2024, my MetaQutoes ID has suddenly been started to be used by other users. I have used MT4 app for several years without this issue. I can see their trade history and even names associated with acct. #. As well, I receive messages in the app from "users / channels" that I am not desiring info from - this started over the past several months. How can I rectify these issues so that I only receive the notifications I desire to? Thank you.

As far as I know the MQID is unique to your mobile device and cannot be changed.

However, you may try to uninstall the mobile app completely, restart the device and then reinstall to see if you get a new MQID.

What is strange however, is that you are receiving push notifications from multiple different users.

It may be best to contact the Service Desk and explain the situation. There may be a different kind of technical issue at play.

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off-topic MT4/mql4 questions.".

Carl Schreiber #:
Change your password to a more secure one?

Not passwords - push notifications. Others aren't hacking into my account - they are using my MetaQuotes ID from my Mobile App - not sure how?

Fernando Carreiro #:

As far as I know the MQID is unique to your mobile device and cannot be changed.

However, you may try to uninstall the mobile app completely, restart the device and then reinstall to see if you get a new MQID.

What is strange however, is that you are receiving push notifications from multiple different users.

It may be best to contact the Service Desk and explain the situation. There may be a different kind of technical issue at play.

Tried uninstall and reinstall - the app assigns the same MQID again.

How does one contact the Service Desk?

Jeffrey Welk #:

Tried uninstall and reinstall - the app assigns the same MQID again.

How does one contact the Service Desk?

https://www.mql5.com/en/contact

Reason: