Old EA version (Market) cannot be loaded in MT4 after EA update

Hi Guys,

Recently I experienced a weird behaviour when trying to load an older EA version of a commercial expert from "MT4 Market" here on mql5.com:

I moved to a new server and - of course - I had to spend another "Activation" unit because of that when loading my expert the first time on a new chart. Since I didn't want to trade with the EA's latest version, I afterwards overwrote the respective ex4 file in the MT4's "Market" folder. In the past this was the easiest way to use/trade an older EA version and basically it should be in the user's discretion to decide which version he prefers for live trading. But this time the terminal stated that it cannot load said old version of the expert. Instead it only accepted the latest version. On my old server I had no problem with utilizing the old expert. So it seems that the new activation on the new server "cancelled" the usage of older versions.

Is this a regular/new restriction of mql5.com? Is there any workaround?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Best and thanks,
Bernhard

Any idea, anybody?

Bernhard Stremayr #: Any idea, anybody?

You will probably have to ask the Service Desk. It does not seem that any of the active Market customers know, as they most probably all use the latest update and not an old one.

Also, try contact the author, and discuss the issue with them. Maybe they can offer you an alternative solution.

Contact Us
Contact Us
  • www.mql5.com
Send your messages and see the history of your requests to the mql5.com support team even if you are not registered on the website.

I can confirm that basically the developer/seller hasn't any influence on the licensing system of mql5.com and Service Desk seems to have no solution regarding said issue.

Gianluca Carolo #: Thanks Fernando. Basically the developer/seller hasn't any influence on the licensing system of mql5.com and Service Desk seems to have no solution regarding said issue.
Bernhard Stremayr #: Yep, I can confirm that.

Both of you seem to have misunderstood my post — I stated "alternative solution"!

Sellers are not obligated to sell their products exclusively via the Market. They can offer other options too.

Maybe the seller can offer you a solution for an alternative method of licensing for older builds.

@Gianluca Carolo #: Thanks Fernando, but the respective EA isn't sold outside mql5.com.
Did you contact the author and ask them if they can provide an alternative solution?

Yes, the author only sells his products on mql5.com because of the secure licensing system.
Reason: