Customer placed decompiled code in specification

of a freelance project , i did not read it -i should have- and accepted the bid . What should i do now ?

Lorentzos Roussos: of a freelance project , i did not read it -i should have- and accepted the bid . What should i do now ?

Is there no button or something to exclude yourself?

If not, just write in the comments for the customer, that you misread the request.

EDIT: Also write in the comment a note to the moderator about it to act as a safeguard.

And as an added precaution, report it via the service desk as well, citing this thread.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Is there no button or something to exclude yourself?

If not, just write in the comments for the customer, that you misread the request and you are no longer interested and they should reject your offer.

I meant the specification requirements file was a decompiled .mq4 ,  that's what i did not read and accepted the project  :P , the project was for gui design.

Then i opened up the mq4 ...

I requested arbitration , they accepted it and placed a complaint for decompiled code at the same time .

And as an added precaution, report it via the service desk as well, citing this thread.

Good point , thank you Fernando , cheers :) 

Lorentzos Roussos #: I meant the specification requirements file was a decompiled .mq4 ,  that's what i did not read and accepted the project  :P , the project was for gui design. Then i opened up the mq4 ...

I requested arbitration , they accepted it and placed a complaint for decompiled code at the same time .

So, the situation has been resolved then! Good to know!

However, .... how on earth did you accept a job without properly reading the specifications and code??? 😅

Fernando Carreiro #:

So, the situation has been resolved then! Good to know!

However, .... how on earth did you accept a job without properly reading the specifications and code??? 😅

Its gui design Fernando i underestimate any difficulty when it comes to that , you can say my Hubris got the better of me.

After describing what they wanted i just accepted it , should have read it ofcourse and should have picked up on the hints that they did not want a design similar to something but exactly like something 😅. 

It's like Ronaldo is asked about dribbling and then he is handed a grenade to kick   😅

Serious question , will they understand what i mean in the service desk ? 

Lorentzos Roussos #: Serious question , will they understand what i mean in the service desk ? 

Didn't you just say that the arbitration was settled already?

... "I requested arbitration, they accepted it and placed a complaint for decompiled code at the same time."

Or did I misunderstand?

Fernando Carreiro #:

Didn't you just say that the arbitration was settled already?

... "I requested arbitration, they accepted it and placed a complaint for decompiled code at the same time."

Or did I misunderstand?

The arb process has been automated , in a way that any party can offer :

• cancellation (funds return to project op)
  • 50/50 split 
  • completion (funds go to coder)

I did that , explained ,they accepted (in the automated process ). 

The service desk will likely see my complain tomorrow and proceed to ban both of us :P 

Lorentzos Roussos #: The arb process has been automated , in a way that any party can offer : cancellation (funds return to project op), 50/50 split, completion (funds go to coder). I did that, explained ,they accepted (in the automated process ). The service desk will likely see my complain tomorrow and proceed to ban both of us :P 

So you mean "it accepted" (the automation), not "they accepted" (the admin).

Then write an extra note to the service desk explaining and requesting that they don't ban you.

And maybe also contact a Moderator you have more contact with and request they convey the situation to the admin, to prevent being banned.

Fernando Carreiro #:

So you mean "it accepted" (the automation), not "they accepted" (the admin).

Then write and extra note to the service desk explaining and requesting that they don't ban you.

And maybe also contact a Moderator you have more contact with and request they convey the situation to the admin, to prevent being banned.

The project creator saw the cancellation offer and the reason and accepted it . 

The service desk will see the complaint tomorrow probably , i hope they wonder "why did he accept and then cancel and then report the project?" :P . 

If i get the 6 month hammer i'll send a request to the desk with this thread probably .

Now to be fair when a document appears they rightfully assume you have read it in the sequence of events 

Anyway , cheers 

Lorentzos Roussos #: The project creator saw the cancellation offer and the reason and accepted it. The service desk will see the complaint tomorrow probably , i hope they wonder "why did he accept and then cancel and then report the project?" :P. If i get the 6 month hammer i'll send a request to the desk with this thread probably .
I still think you should report it to the service desk and moderator anyway, to prevent any mishaps. Better safe than sorry!
Reason: